Create Account

Rainbow Dash vs. Shota Aizawa

Rainbow Dash vs. Shota Aizawa:
a take on two players with similar strengths and weaknesses and the production of their players.

Background:

So when planning my next player in S42 I had thought of making a player who was shoot first similar to my first player of Aviad Ratzon. However I learned throughout my tenure that the decision making formula can be anywhere from 5 → 15 between choices in what the player will do. There was also a player from the user Billiam who had 80 scoring when he created and during a prospect showcase I believe was only able to muster a total of four points. In my thinking I believed that I could use my time in juniors to move my weakness up as the weaker decision making formula and then when I was a pro to switch from one to the other. So for me my plan is go from pass first to shoot first when I am eventually called up. However on the day we could retire and recreate @Eggy216 made a forward who was pass first and hence the comparison as we have both taken different approaches to having an important weakness in the decision making formula instead of the usual usage of checking.

Before we do the comparison, first I will put down the basics.
First the basics:

Shota Aizawa build:
CK = Checking: 50
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 60
ST = Strength: 50
EN = Endurance: 40
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 50
FO = Face Offs: 60
PA = Passing: 67
SC = Scoring: 56
DF = Defense: 70
PS = Penalty Shot: 40

Rainbow Dash Build:
CK = Checking: 65
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 71
ST = Strength: 60
EN = Endurance: 60
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 60
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 43
SC = Scoring: 71
DF = Defense: 70
PS = Penalty Shot: 40

And now the stats:

Aizawa: 5 goals, 11 assists, +3, 24 hits, 4 PPP, 11.9% shooting %, 20 AMG, 1st line

Rainbow Dash: 5 goals, 5 assists, -4, 65 hits, 0 PPP (Does not play on the powerplay), 12.5% shooting percentage, *11.32 AMG 2nd line

Now with the stats and the builds out of the way there are some key differences. First in the builds, Rainbow Dash has better overall efficiency of TPE spent. Because of only having 6 TPE spent in passing he has been able to allocate to other attributes. Most noticeably he has spent plenty of TPE into checking as seen by his almost triple the hits of Aizawa even though he has only 15 overall points higher in checking. Another hard comparison between Dash and Aizawa is faceoffs. As a non center Eggy has been to allocate TPE into other stats. Also in this upcoming update Aizawa is getting equipment where Eggy has already bought equipment further bringing them closer to overall TPE totals.

Now to look at who they are playing with and its effects on their scoring. For a lot of this season Dash was sitting at 8-10 points. Early on he had 8 points when Aizawa had 10 points. However now to line mates. As a pass first forward, Aizawa has two shoot first forwards on his line to help him gets as they put the puck on net both who have 80 scoring and are maxed players for juniors. For Dash his current line mates are one shooting and one passing. Similar to Aizawa’s line the center is the passer and the wingers are there for scoring. Being a second liner, Dash’s linemats are not expected to be the top of scoring, however they both do have more points than Dash. However do to their less playing time the different between Aizawa and Dash, the gap between Aizawa is larger than his line mates.

The most subjective difference is the scoring numbers. Probably the oddest stat is the fact that they are even in goals and Aizawa has taken more shots overall. Partially it could be from lesser playing time but in this scenario it may not mean as much. In STHS it has an Overall stat that is used in calculating who your players want to pass to. As seen in Kelowna the two other forwards have scored a plethora of points with Aizawa only scoring 16 points. These linemates definitely inflate his numbers a little bit but I do not think it makes a huge difference in the overall scheme of there points. What the most fascinating point is that Dash who is incredibly shoot first has actually been a very smart shooter with the puck. Shooting at a bit higher clip than Aizawa, Dash has been able to shoot smart even in limited opportunities.

Verdict:

Dash will most likely be a better player long term as Eggy is a monster when it comes to TPE earning overall. However that does not mean that Aizawa will have a rough career. During the course of my two players I have averaged about 1200 TPE player or somewhere in the middle of that at the peak of each career. In the juniors their success is more paramount to their line mates than just their own abilities. What Eggy has done is really utilized skating as an important stat to offset the difference in shooting and skating. For Aizawa I have taken a more traditional approach keeping scoring and passing close. However from some of the great players I have taken a bigger importance in skating, something that I learned from @sarmo to take a look at in both past and current players. I believe next season will be another story for both Aizawa and Dash as the remains of the Knight’s dynasty may be gone and Aizawa may be left to fend for himself, however Dash will be a first liner and be a key piece for Halifax

*Since his promotion to the second line his average minutes per game have gone up from 11 to roughly 13/14

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Cool idea for an article.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

So it's brony player vs weeb player comparison?

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]