Create Account

S43 PT #5 - Draft Class

The SHL S43 draft quickly started to trend in proportions of what could rival the S31 draft, but unfortunately came a bit short of the hype, but only in terms of prospect count. There were ample prospects up and down the board to find themselves in a valuable position to work their way into playing minutes in the big leagues. Players like Leshaun King and the Kovacs brothers will pay significant dividends over the long run as they all show consistency to both develop... perform... and amaze. Players like Crush Cile, have plenty of ground to make up to remain effectively in the picture of actives in the class itself, but it is nothing he can't overcome. Not nearly as much pressure on him as a late round pick, but Calgary is in need if Crush has got the commitment to solely focus on playing hockey, while he avoid the drama on a daily basis in the SHL

The season 41 shl class probably will never be considered one of the better classes. There's probably only half a dozen or so players who will amount to anything really spectacular in the class. Lagerfield, Karlsson and Czerkawski pretty much seem to be the cream of the crop. However the best part of this draft is still potentially plying their trade in the SMJHL. That would be goaltenders Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue. The 2 first round goaltenders will be coming up to the SHL next season most likely and they can hopefully bring that rookie goaltender magic to their respective teams Calgary and Seattle. Blue has been mired on losing teams but has put up some pretty decent stats in the SMJHL. He was traded to Kelowna where this season he now has a chance to get a cup victory on his resume. Kata Vilde became the first goalie ever to win 3 cups in a row but sadly he had an abominable season in Halifax being the worst goalie in the juniors this past season. He will be looking to rebound in a big way with the Dragons next season who are accustomed to hall of fame goaltending. When it's all said and done perhaps the two goaltenders will raise the status of the S41 class.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

PBE PT

Through obvious bias it seems like the S43 draft class through the Reddit draft. As many articles put out there it was a deep draft and continues on fairly strong. With players drafted in the 2nd and 3rd  rounds being prominent on their respective SMJHL teams. There are a few notable people to the site. First, being, of course, King. He was first overall and has shown why he is. He was very active in the Raider LR and quickly became the head of the graphics department. Second, notable person is Luke. I believe he was drafted 30th overall and is currently at 2nd or 3rd for overall TPE for our draft class.He continues to put out quality media with in depth analysis of players TPE gains, correlations between activity on the site and TPE ranking ,etc etc. He does this for the health and participation of the league. He does not need the extra funds but provides us with nothing but great stuff.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png][Image: 8xyKeyf.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

The Season 36 draft class has been a pretty big influence on the site I believe over the past year plus on the site. I think the leaders on the ice include Togole Bitties and Oisin Fletcher who have both been big parts of their team's success in Edmonton and New England respectively. Off the ice there have been lots of leaders and it's hard to narrow it down. With the likes of Nour Harrak and again Oisin Fletcher having huge off ice roles in the league to help it. Over time it has aged pretty well. While not as big as some others like Season 31 or Season 20 it has held up fairly well. There are a lot of great players in the class who are now coming into their prime and are really taking over as the mainstays on the rosters. I think it will be historically remembered for it's members off the ice than more on. The S36 class has held an immense amount of jobs across the site and lot's of high key one's on top of that. Head's of various departments and many GMs on the SHL, SMJHL, and IIHF levels who have all had tons of success in their careers. Overall I think my player fits in somewhere high but definitely not the best. On ice production wise I have 2 Challenge Cups but not the best stats over time. Even with being the 3rd highest earner of the class I'd still rank myself slightly lower than some others with better personal stats. Off ice I think I've made a decent legacy for myself comparatively but that's also personal opinion and not public opinion. But being a part of head office and no co-commish after being a rookie mentor for many seasons and on top of that now holding GM jobs in SMJHL and IIHF (admittedly not very good in SMJHL) I still think I should be top 5 in my class.

339 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 01:25 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

I just wanted to say that this task has been a pleasure to read. And for those who are new or who didn’t know a ton about other drafts... I hope that this historical collage has been a nice resource.

Carry on....

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

PBE welfare

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

[Image: wQVnw21.png]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

PBE PT

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 04:39 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Are you tired of the S43 class yet? Because there sure are a lot of us and a lot of members of this class have been pumping out a lot of media as well, to a point where at times it seems like the media section is all about S43 and little else - and now this PT, where you ask us to talk even more about our class? I assume not everybody will be happy about that. But alright let's get to it. The S43 draft class is one of the biggest ones in recent memory, another one the famed reddit classes that have become one of the definining characteristics of this league over the last 25 seasons - a development that was fought by some but has ultimately been embraced by almost everyone as it paid huge benefits for the league as a whole. There have been some other, smaller developments over the years that have manifested themselves in this class. In the past, a certain recreate bias in the Entry Draft was basically seen as normal by pretty much everyone - well known recreates would usually go before the unknown commodities that are the first-gens. But this has changed over the last few years and never has this been more apparent than in this class: In maybe one of the best recreate classes of all time, with a former commish and multiple top-10 scorers in league history having players in it, the entire top-4 ended up being first-generation players, namely Leshaun King, Oliver Kovacs, Luke Thomason and Tig Murphy. A stark contrast to past classes an maybe an indicator of a change in general drafting philosophy around the league.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

[Image: NXdzwCq.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

[Image: vAR0vkB.jpg]

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 12:21 AM by Pingy Pingu.)

The S42 Draft Class is not a very significant draft class, I mean nothing big has really come out of it yet.  This draft class did have some players that are known from gomhl like Tokek Takshack, Noah Nowes and Pingy Pingu.  Nobody has really made it to the shl yet, but they are not far off, with these guys sitting around 280 - 310 tpe or so.  There are 2 players, Erik Stalbergs and Herb Roberts, who have been doing pretty well this season.  They have each totaled 21 goals and 23 Assists, for 44 points.  Erik placed one above Herb with his 8 ppgs vs Herb's 6, putting them both at 7th and 8th for overall scoring leaders in the smjhl.  Other than those players, Pingy Pingu is also improving alot more this season, gaining 5 points in 2 games at one point.  These players are still pretty fresh, so there is more to come of this draft class yet.

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

So i am part of S36 draft class. Where to start ... Well we have a pretty impressive first round with a lot of players that panned out such as Isak Ødegård, Nour Harrak, Oisin Fletcher, Tigole Bitties, Oliver Konig, Roman Augustus, Yuri Boyka Jr., Clint Eastwood ... and others. The biggest steal of the draft is without any doubt Vijanupatan Singh who, after being picked 43rd, proved everyone wrong about his activity and he's currently sitting at 1212 TPE as i write this PT. One of the main reason he dropped that low is a stints of inactivity soon before the draft, but the Winnipeg Jets had decided back in the day to risk it. (though now he's with the Hamilton Steelhawks). There is a few leaders on and off the ice, but i don't think there is someone who care as much about the league as Roman Augustus. He's currently co-commissioner of the league, so if that doesn't sound like caring, i don't know what is.

174 words

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]