Create Account

McLovin Settling in with his Minnesota Teammates

There's a new face in the Chiefs locker room this season, and his name is McLovin.

It is not only the fans of the franchise who are excited about his arrival, but so is he. "I've been waiting for this call-up since the day I was drafted. Minnesota was the team I was hoping to get drafted by if not by my hometown team Buffalo. I loved playing in Anchorage in the SMJHL, that was such a great locker room and I took a lot of pride in being the captain there for my last three seasons. I also really appreciate the hospitality Detroit gave in my short time there. But Minnesota has been good to me since day one. Always checking in on me, helping with my development, suggesting how to focus my growth. I'm very grateful for the management team in being so patient with me and keeping their faith in me. Hopefully I can repay them in Challenge Cups." McLovin said in front of his new locker that's pinned between Terrance Nova and Noro Wozy. "Being locker neighbors with Nova and Wozy has been awesome, they've taken me under their wing and I'm learning how to handle myself from them. They're great teachers."

The six-foot-one-inch power winger enters the last year of his 2-year deal with Minnesota he signed before the S43 season. When asked about fears of his contract McLovin added: "No, not really. I took a team friendly pay cut last contract because I knew I'd have extra income coming from other things, such as the prize money from World Juniors, and my blog was bringing in some decent beer money, so I was able to help out Minnesota then. This year I'm playing for a contract, along with a whole handful of guys and probably some other rookies too. I'm not worried about it. Management knows I want to be here"

McLovin and the Chiefs are gearing up for their first game of the preseason tomorrow.

347 words

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa

Chiefs

[Image: lebbish.gif]

My boy is all grown up Crybaby

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]