Create Account

Hottest New SJHL Prospect? Fork Spoon.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 01:53 PM by DJ_THE_PROFESSOR. Edit Reason: First article )

December 12, 2018. (My first Article)

Fork Spoon is perhaps one of the prospects coming into the SMJHL who has flown under the radar. That may come as a surprise to some, as his monstrous 6'3 219 lb frame definitely does not fly under the radar on the ice. Described as "a sniper that can bring a well rounded 2-way game" by one scout, the Right handed Left Winger believes that he will be a difference maker in the league. When asked how he would describe his game, Spoon replied with "Y'know, I just like to go out there and spark the boys. Whether that's with a sick goal, chucking sauce to give someone a backdoor tap-in, or laying the body on one of the other players, I like to make sure my boys always have a smile on their face". So far, he has only been approached by 3 of the SMJHL GM's, but he has been sure to impress in his interviews thus far. He began showing up on scouts radars yesterday, when his name began surfacing in the upcoming entry draft. In my personal interview with him, I asked him how that felt. "Well, y'know, being drafted to the SMJHL is the beginning of what I've dreamed about ever since I was a young boy. My ultimate goal is to be a difference maker at the SHL level, but this is where it starts, and you can bet I'm going to do whatever it takes to make the jump in order to be an influential part of whichever team drafts me". When asked about his biggest motivator in his life, Spoon has a different answer than most. "Honestly, it's been myself. I'm a highly driven to win individual. I hate losing, not only because it makes my unhappy, but it makes my team mates unhappy, and that's what hurts me the most". There is no doubt, whatever team steals Fork Spoon in the SJHL draft will be making a huge addition to their team, and he believes that he can push any team to win championships. Whether that is due to his incredible on-ice play, or his commitment to the team and his team mates. It is amazing to some that he has not been approached by more hungry GM's looking to snatch this player out of the hands of their opponent, but he is still open to interview questions.

Signing off,
DJ

3 Game Prospect Showcase Check-in

December 12, 2018 7pm PST.

After a lackluster effort from Fork Spoon in his highly anticipated debut games, he hopes to turn it around. Through his first 3 games, Spoon was virtually invisible on the ice, posting 0 points a minus 2 and 8 PIMs. When asked about his poor performance Spoon stated "Well, it was tough out there, no time or space for me like I was used to before making the jump to the SMJHL". Further expanding on this, Spoon said "It was good getting my feet back under me after a long summer. I know I'm making the right plays out there, and I expect to make more of an impact in the coming games". The Outlaws were a lousy 1-2 through their first two games, and Spoon was visibly upset over their record. "We haven't been good enough, that's pretty clear. I'm obviously not doing my job out there and that hurts. The boys were pretty down on themselves, but I tried to raise the morale by throwing a hit, or leading the pre-game dance, just trying to get the fellas to loosen up a bit". At any rate, Spoon and the Outlaws will be looking to turn it around in their coming games.

Signing off, 
DJ

4-7 Game Prospect Showcase Check-in

December 12, 2018 8pm PST.

Looking at the next 4 games played by the Outlaws, the results were not much better. Now on a 5 game slide, the Outlaws are dead last in the league in points and goals for, while allowing the most goals in that time, that is not a recipe for success. The only good news for Fork Spoon's team is that his play has turned around slightly. Notching his first goal and assist was a huge monkey off his back, but he was still understandably unhappy with his play. "Honestly, I'm not in much of a mood for an interview, so can we keep this short?" is how he began the post game interview with media. "It's pretty *Expletive* simple. We aren't scoring, and our team defense has been horrible. Tough to win games when we hang our goalie out to dry". The upset Spoon didn't mince words when it game to his own play. "I have been playing like garbage. I don't know whats happening and I'm trying not to get down on myself, but I'm letting the boys down and that's just not gonna cut it out here". In addition to his 2 points, spoon boasts the team lead in hits with 14, however he also has a glaring minus 10 to his name. "It's simple, I'll play better individually, and the team as a whole has to help our goaltender out" was Spoon's final message to media for the interview. We will look for Spoon to come out firing on all cylinders in the upcoming games, as he must make more of an impact in order for his team to shake their 5 game slide.

Signing off,
DJ

Game 26 Prospect showcase Update

December 19, 2018 10am PST

Unfortunately for the Outlaws and Fork Spoon, the record has not improved much. With a record of 8-17-1 through the first 26 games, the Outlaws find themselves dead last in the league without much positive to show for their efforts. "Disappointed" was the word Spoon used to describe his teams efforts thus far. "We can't get much going, it's tough out there. We can't get any bounces to go our way, and right now it feels like us vs. the world". He went on to elaborate on his feelings. "I mean, it's great to be out there playing hockey, but it's pretty *expletive* useless if we aren't going to win y'know? Like we are all out here to win, so when we're getting dominated night after night, it's tough". Through these 26 games, Spoon has began to find his place on the ice, notching 9g and 9a through the 26 contests. Perhaps the most interesting part of the burly winger's game is that he remains leading his team in hits with 55. When asked about how he feels his game is progressing, Spoon stated "I'm still not happy. It's nice to put up a goal every once in a while, and it's nicer to spark the boys with a big hit, but it doesn't really mean much if at the end of the day we're not winning games". Tough to argue with that logic, so we let Spoon be for the rest of the interview. To conclude, this prospect tournament may not be going exactly the way Fork Spoon expected, but he is beginning to show what got him to this point, his compete level.

Signing off,
DJ

Post Prospect showcase Update

December 20, 2018

Well, that's a wrap for the Outlaws and Fork Spoon in the prospect showcase. Unfortunately falling short of any real success came across as an obvious disappointment for Spoon in our exclusive interview. "I'm upset that it came to an end so early. The boys grinded their asses off at the end of the regulation games heading into the playoffs. We made it up to the number 4 seed in our conference, then won an inspired wildcard game to get into the playoffs. When it came to the Wranglers, they were simply the better, faster, stronger team and I wish them luck in the rest of the tournament". It was easy to see the disappointed look on Spoon's face through the interview and for good reason. Towards the end of regulation matches, Spoon notched his first hat-trick, in addition to factoring in on several more of his teams goals. No doubt he became an integral part of his teams success over the final half of the season. When it came to the playoffs, the Outlaw's goal scoring dried up, managing just 4 goals through their 2 games, Spoon notching a single assist. When asked what part of his game he was the happiest about, and what part needed work, Spoon delivered. "Well, I was happy with my physicality out there. I felt like I started intimidating some of the teams. Never taking a shift off helped me stay in the game, and throwing my body around was a nice way to keep the boys fired up. Of course I want to improve every part of my game, but I was awful positionally this tournament, so I think my overall awareness, specifically in the defensive zone needs some work." Moving into the draft, Spoon's focus has shifted on getting acquainted with his future team. Interest on the young prospect has picked up, and he is looking forward to 7:15PM EST tonight, when the draft will take place.

Signing off,

DJ

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

6'3 219 lb

great size for the SMJHL. will be following your player through the draft. Good luck!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Good stuff! You'd fit nice next to Hippo Passamus 290lbs! =)

RETIRED

Just imagine Fork Spoon with Plastic Bowl on Detroit :eyes: