Create Account

Quick Interview with Anastasia O’Koivu
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 02:02 AM by Pris.)

[Image: Rebecca+Johnston+Ice+Hockey+Winter+Olymp...EKhIRl.jpg]

In a surprise move the night before the S45 SMJHL Entry Draft, defensive defensewoman Anastasia O’Koivu has declared her eligibility, joining the ranks of children of decorated SHLers in the draft class. O’Koivu is the daughter of McBride Trophy winner Olli O’Koivu and recent Triple Gold winner Pietra Volkova - and she’s a twin. Her brother Aleksi is also in the draft class, having declared well in anticipation of the draft.  Canadian media sat down with her upon her arrival to ask a few rapid-fire questions before tomorrow’s big day.

On why she declared so late:

“I was actually planning on playing out my career in another professional league. But then I started hearing some buzz about this entry draft - and then I saw Aleksi over here trying to steal all the family glory, and Nikolai [Evans] running his mouth off, as usual. I couldn’t let the boys have all the fun. So I called my agent, hopped on a plane and came out for this. Think my parents are pretty happy. They’re probably just excited to finally have us both out of the house.”

On the shortening of her legal last name for hockey:

“Well, unlike my brother, critics and sportswriters will actually be talking about me. I figured I could make their lives a little bit easier and shorten it for the sake of their story writing. It’s just on my eligibility papers and stuff though. I still have to sign the whole thing on documents, haha.”

On the subject of playing against her brother:

“Well, we used to play and train against each other a lot when we were kids. Aleksi and my father would be the two goaltenders, my mother and I would be skating. I know how he works. I know how to help my team score on him, even if I’m not the one doing it. It’s also just really fun to shove him into the net. It’ll be interesting. Whatever happens, we’ll have a good time with it. My brother and I are very close.”

On the subject of Nikolai Evans:

“Well, we grew up together. Our parents were very close friends, teammates, that kind of thing. That doesn’t really mean anything, though. He’s a loudmouth, and he thinks that being the only kid of Uncle Zach and Aunt Katya means that the sun shines out of his ass. Unfortunately some sportswriters seem to have bought into that. It doesn’t really matter. Because I declared late, it’s certain that he’ll be going ahead of me in the draft... But that’s not a big deal. Just means it’ll be easier for him to bust out and make a fool of himself while Aleksi and I showcase the superior bloodlines from this generation. He’s right about one thing - he’s certainly not his father’s son. He’s worse.”

On her mother’s withdrawal from media and abrupt retirement:

“I think she just needed to get away from it all. She never had a particularly great relationship with the media, and I think it was all starting to grate on her a bit too much. She’s happier now, especially with the retirement. The break has served her well. And now she’ll get to live a normal life at home with Dad - no travel, no kid toting, none of that.”

On living up to her family’s legacy:

“Whatever. My mother washed up by 30 and my father left his career behind. I love them, but it’s the truth. We’ll live well past their legacy.  If anybody in the family is going to be remembered, it’ll be us.”

On her resemblance to her parents:

“Well, my parents were hardworking, they definitely taught us that much. Gave us that competitive nature. I think teams will be happy to draft someone with the same team values, leadership abilities, and confidence that they had.”

On the draft:

“I think I would be okay anywhere. Anywhere I get some ice time and get to help my team, I’ll be happy. I’m here to have some fun and prove a point. I can do that on any team, I think. I’d want to talk to GMs individually anyway, though..”

[I’ll take any presser questions if anybody’s interested, but it’s not really a press conference, so no obligations. Forgive any typos and the simplicity of the article, I’m shackled to mobile for the near future, as my computer is currently under repair. :(]

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

l i t Cheers

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

anastasia the sassmaster

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters