Create Account

S46 Interested Prospects
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 12:38 PM by karlssens.)

Edmonton Blizzard Interested Prospects

[Image: Edmonton.png]

Congratulations on making it to the big draft! It's an exciting time to be a prospect in the SHL and things only get more exciting from here on out as you join your new team and make your way towards SHL dominance. The Edmonton Blizzard are one of those teams and eager to add fresh new talent to an already lethal roster. For those that are new or unfamiliar with the SHL the Edmonton Blizzard just finished the regular season as the top team, claiming the President's Trophy for the second time in just as many seasons. Our post season success hasn't been quite as fortunate, but we are looking to change that this current post-season so stay tuned as we begin round one against the Los Angeles Panthers this week. As you can likely guess we are a win now team with few assets early in the draft, but we do have a few late round picks where we hope to add a gem or two to bolster our competitive roster. If that's something you're interested in, or you're just hyped on the blizz, let us know below.

Link to Player Page:

1. You are posting here, so I am assuming you have some interest in joining the Blizzard. What do you know about the team? Why are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know?

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? What are your career goals?

3. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Max earner except for that 5 month vacation you have coming up?

4. How familiar are you with hockey? Have you played it? Do you watch it regularly?

5. What are your hobbies outside of sim leagues?

6. What is your Discord tag? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord?

7. How do you think you will earn money during your SHL career?

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? is there anything that has tempted you to leave?

9. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

10. What is your video game system of choice?

11. Lets play a game. I flip a coin, heads and you receive 1 billion USD but tails and you die immediately. What are you going with?

12. What kind of work do you do?

13. How much of a plan do you have for your future build? How set on that plan are you?

14. Tide goes in, then it goes out. Can you explain that?

Thanks for taking a bit of time to let us get to know you! If you have anything else you would like to share with the Edmonton Blizzard please post it here. Some examples: A poem on why you're a top prospect, a picture of your dog, a funny sketch, etc.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Link to Player Page: Can be found in signature

1. You are posting here, so I am assuming you have some interest in joining the Blizzard. What do you know about the team? Why are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know?
I have a lot of interest in joining the Blizzard. I have heard from a few good sources that while Edmonton is a highly skilled team, they also have great management and a good locker room atmosphere, both of which interest me a lot.

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? What are your career goals?
As with anyone, I want my player to be in the Hall one day, and I intend on doing whatever I can to make that happen. I want my player to be the type of player that makes those around him better, while also being a huge threat on top of it all. One goal I am hoping to get to one day is to lead the SHL in assists, not only in a season, but all time.

3. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Max earner except for that 5 month vacation you have coming up?
I am doing all I can to be a max earner currently (missed out on fantasy this most recent season unfortunately), and hope to continue that indefinitely. I have a few media articles planned for the offseason and surrounding the SHL and SMJHL drafts, and I intend on doing every PT and buying all equipment possible.

4. How familiar are you with hockey? Have you played it? Do you watch it regularly?
I have never played hockey, but I watch it as much as I can (I’ve only missed two Hurricanes games this year. Yes, I am a huge Hurricanes fan).

PC games (Rocket League, Dota 2, CSGO, PUBG), NHL 19, listening to music, snowboarding, and other typical college kid stuff

6. What is your Discord tag? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord?
Fuzz#3896. I use discord daily and have no issue continuing to use it. If you would like to reach out to ask questions that go farther than this IP thread I would love to hear from you.

Media posts, and I am currently trying to become the USA IIHF WJC Head with the intention of becoming Co-Head of the main club later on.

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? is there anything that has tempted you to leave?
I found the league through reddit and have only found more reasons to stay.

Absolutely not. And for the record, pineapple doesn’t go on pizza either

PC

11. Lets play a game. I flip a coin, heads and you receive 1 billion USD but tails and you die immediately. What are you going with?
Uh, I’m gonna go with heads ofcourse. Jokes aside, I’d probably take the 50/50 chance at not having to ever work again.

Currently in lift operations at a nearby ski lodge while I finish my degree.

13. How much of a plan do you have for your future build? How set on that plan are you?
I have a plan for my SMJHL max build, but not much beyond that. I am pretty set on it as a few well known vets have given me their vote of confidence in it, but I am always open to suggestions.

The moon works in mysterious ways man

Thanks for taking a bit of time to let us get to know you! If you have anything else you would like to share with the Edmonton Blizzard please post it here. Some examples: A poem on why you're a top prospect, a picture of your dog, a funny sketch, etc.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Draft me to your team
And the cups will come, too

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Link in Bio

I know very little of the SHL honestly, blizzard have the nicest colors and logo imo and i'm from edmonton so nice home town boi.
I just want to strive to be the best.
As max as possible, try not to miss a single thing.
I watch most oilers games, i've played for 22 years and i've played juniors, in europe for team canada. Also played competitive mens until i hurt my shoulder.
video games mostly, and pogo
Astatine #2102 always on discord. its on at work and at home and on my phone
I have unsuccessfully applied for two jobs and i tweet every week and i try to maximize my articles with the x2.
Not planning on leaving and reddit made me interested. Was nice that my coworker joined with me and is still active with me even tho doesnt talk as much (Mantroll)
who cares
pc/xbox
fuck ya flip it
accounting 
no set plan for final build as of yet, just scoring>passing +10 and puck handling in middle.
shit comes and goes, roll with it? 

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Link to Player Page: It's here!

I don't really know much about the Blizzard, but I'd love to learn more if you guys do draft me. My interest in joining is pretty much the same as with every other team, I want to be helpful to whichever team wishes to draft me.

Well... I am named after Yoshimitsu, punching people would be grand. In all fairness, I prefer to be more of a team player, especially to help out in the offence.

I hope to be a max earner with all equipment. It'd be good for my development, I imagine.

I never played it in real life, since... well, I'm from Brazil. I do watch it via ESPN every now and then and played several ice hockey video games in the past, if they count for something.

PC Games-wise: FIFA, NHL 04 (Rebuilt Mod), NBA 2K14, THUG Pro... I'm also studying French and I usually play soccer with my friends when the weather allows us.

Thun#2436. I don't really mind, I'm all for chatting with the lads via Discord.

Through fun media, I imagine. Or at least, I hope so.

A friend mentioned it to me, figured I'd give it a shot. Plus, I enjoy meeting new people.

Uh... yeah. Here in Brazil, it's listed in the same category and it's not uncommon for hot-dog carts to also sell Cheeseburgers (known here as a X-Burger) and other sorts of sandwiches.

PlayStation 2 all the way. Tony Hawk's Underground 2, Tekken 5, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Winning Eleven 10, FIFA 07...

A true ninja would manipulate said coin flipping to make it sure it lands heads.

Currently, I'm in my seventh semester of an Accounting course at a nearby university. I briefly studied for a semester at the Rio de Janeiro State University in an Statistics course but it didn't end well.

I plan to be a playmaker with good fighting skills as well, but I leave it to the team that drafts me about what I should work towards, hoping to help the team in the future.

As someone that frequents the beach a fair bit, that's actually the result of wind coming from the sea.

I'll be honest with you, I don't think I'm really a top prospect and I'm absolutely fine with that since I do believe I'll improve to be a pretty good player in the future. I'll be happy if you guys pick me, but I'll understand if you prefer to choose more developed players instead.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Link to Player Page

1. I like the name and I like the logo.

2. I want to score a lot and not be a defense liability.

3. Max earner w all equipment assuming my podcast can pay for it. Sometimes I write media for extra money but not often.

4. Regularly watch hockey. Can skate well enough to take ppl on dates to eventually later break their hearts.

5. I'm big in taekwondo, both training and teaching. Other than that I just love to have fun without shame.

6. I like to think I'm active in the Kelowna Disc, you may disagree tho idk.

7. Weekly podcasts for sure. Other forms of media if I need too.

8. @goldenglutes is 100% the reason I created. Joined after the draft too so I was guaranteed to be in KEL. 

9. Defs not, and I will fight over this

10. My computer i guess. I dont really play too many videos games these days

11 seems like a win/win tbh

12. full time student for one more sem

13. literally no plan. anyone can sway me if they sound smart

14. the moon and shit

ill tank my draft stock to 4th for you

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 03:38 AM by Katth.)

Well who wouldn't want to join the powerhouse team that is called the Blizzard? Actually I don't know a whole lot about any of the SHL teams. I only joined in December and it's been a great enough challenge already to get to know the SMJHL and the site. Though I've been referred by Karl to this thread.

Well I would like my player to be a playmaking center. So assist leader of even points leader. Besides that I want to win cups.

I intend to stay as active as I am now. Get as much TPE as possible at the earliest convenience. I'm also doing media regularly to get a steady income. I still hope to find a job to give me another edge on money. I've applied for multiple, but with the influx of new people there's a lot of options out there.

I have played hockey, but you would call that field hockey. I have never played hockey, but I watch NHL recaps daily, I'm active in fantasy league and follow the news. It's not possible for me anymore to watch games live at 1AM. I used to do a few years back, but the short nights would kill me now.

I play a mobile gps game called Ingress. It's from the same developers as pokemon go, but it's far better in terms of teamplay. For this game I do some community work as well.

My Discord tag is Katth#7745 and I'm already on Discord every day.

As I mentioned earlier by doing media regularly and hopefully find a job on the site soon.

I created my player because of the latest Reddit recruitment and I thought it would be a fun thing to do. Nothing so far has tempted me to quit.

What? I guess here it's a snack and not a sandwich. I don't know. All I know is that I love my hot dog with everything on it.

PC master race

I don't play games with death. My life is precious to me and money is no guarantee for happines.

I am a team lead for an international marketing automation team for a large electronics (online) retailer.

I've actually used Karl's spreadsheet for his recreate player and modified it to perfection to help me currently on my 350 TPE build. I have not thought beyond that point, I could use some help with that.

Circle of life.

Actual foto of Barry Batsbak
[Image: New+Kids.jpg]

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Link to Player Page: Player Page

I don't know a lot about Edmonton, or any other SHL teams for the record, but I like the name/logo, so it's a nice introduction.
Winning a cup with a SHL team, individual/international awards would be nice but I'd rather the team wins.
I'll try my best to be a max earner with all equipment.
Used to play when I was a kid, huge habs fan still.
Gaming, TV shows/movies, reading, photography, travel.
Kalakar#0311.
Mostly graphics, articles here and there.
I had seen the Reddit recruitment drive on /r/hockey for the last year or two, I decided it was time to join in this time around.  Nothing so far. 
No.
PC.
Heads, and I hope you have a rigged coin so I don't die.
Warehouse auditing stuff.
I have a little bit of a plan, but always open to suggestions. 
Moon stuff

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Link to Player Page: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91397

I know its in Edmonton and its got a great logo. Truth be told, I have mainly kept my nose to the grindstone in the J, I've tried to gain TPE and learn all I can about making myself better there. I haven't watched much of the SHL this season since I just joined. I hope that's an ok answer Smile

I'd like to win 100 Challenge Cups and be in the Hall of Fame. Realistically, Id like to win a title and get some personal glory, who wouldn't? I'd be happy to be remembered as a player who left it all on the ice for whichever team is willing to take a chance on me. I wanna score goals and punch some people. Hopefully one day both at the same time haha Tongue.

I'm online daily, I write articles on occasion. With me you're going to get someone who is committed.

I played street when I was a kid but I can't skate so it was like floor hockey mostly, just running around. I watch when I can, definitely keep up with it daily.

I'm a reader and lover of history. I play video games and some other online gaming.

OldeDelaware#2157 and I use it for other games, so chatting regularly is no problem Smile

Media, I can't design anything. I suck at graphics and photoshop. But I love to write, so ill be concentrating there Smile

I saw a reddit thread in December about the league. I had seen several before this one and had bookmarked the site but just never came back to it. When I saw it this time I decided to give it a shot and I am stoked that I did. I love it here. Nothing comes to mind about wanting to leave, to be fair everyone has been really nice.

I don't remember what I answered for this the last time someone asked me. Ill say maybe.

Playstation, I owned an Xbox for a Decade but I really like the ease of using the Playstation.

Heads.

I work as a caregiver.

I want to try to make my player as close to Andrei Markov as I can. But if the team needs me to be something else, I am willing to make that change and sacrifice. 

14. Tide goes in, then it goes out. Can you explain that?: Aliens.

I dont want to play for an Edmonton Team sorry. Good Games #handshake

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]

I know it's in Edmonton. I'm interested because quite frankly I know I can help bring a title here or anywhere, and I want my name out there for you to consider. 

Judging by recent successes, I envision my player being a playoff performer, always ready for clutch moments.

I anticipate being pretty active, as I am now. I'll have all of the equipment and will do all of the PTs and ACs like I already do. Pfft vacations. Good one

Pretty familiar, unfortunately have never played. I watch it as often as I can.

I play lots of video games, listen to music, and write in my spare time.

sharksisback#6370. Always love chatting on Discord.

Through media. I've already earned a ton through media and don't plan on stopping

The Reddit recruitment thread on r/hockey. Nothing has tempted me to leave.

Listen, with a credible argument, anything can be a sandwich.

PC

well...I'll be real the choices I have are limited. Heads is the only viable option unless backing away slowly is one.

Student stuff

Just a two-way forward. Not set in stone, I'm open to any suggestions about it.

Sun comes up, sun goes down. You just can't explain it.

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect

Link to Player Page: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91540

1. You are posting here, so I am assuming you have some interest in joining the Blizzard. What do you know about the team? Why are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know? I don't know much honestly. I haven't poked my head into too many SHL teams in depth. I want to go to team that I can help win a few Cups.

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? What are your career goals? I am building a defensive, puck possession based winger. Pass first and looking to set up my teammates for success. Also hoping to spend most of my career, if not all with my drafted team.

3. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Max earner except for that 5 month vacation you have coming up? Somewhere between max earner and just below. Unless life throws a curveball I plan to make the best player possible.

4. How familiar are you with hockey? Have you played it? Do you watch it regularly? Pretty familiar. Haven't played in over a decade. I regularly watch it.

5. What are your hobbies outside of sim leagues? D&D, Volunteering, and Cooking.

6. What is your Discord tag? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord? SpartanGibbles#8274 I'm decently active in discord.

7. How do you think you will earn money during your SHL career? Media spots and maybe picking up an onsite job eventually.

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? is there anything that has tempted you to leave? It seemed like a fun new way to interact with the sport. Nothing really has tempted me to leave.

9. Is a hot dog a sandwich? It's a taco

10. What is your video game system of choice? Switch, PS4, and PC

11. Lets play a game. I flip a coin, heads and you receive 1 billion USD but tails and you die immediately. What are you going with? Well I want head obviously.

12. What kind of work do you do? 3rd shift logistics and store planning.

13. How much of a plan do you have for your future build? How set on that plan are you? Nothing set in stone, but I have a general idea of what to build towards.

14. Tide goes in, then it goes out. Can you explain that? Hold up

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Link to Player Page: Here

Not gonna lie, I'm posting in every one of these to get my name out. I dont really have a preference of where I go, just looking to go somewhere that's got an active team and that can help me build the player I want to build.

I would like to be one of the top defensive point getters when I am in the prime of my career.

Max earner with all equipment. My 1st gen player was a max earner as well... until I kind of went AWOL, but I promise that won't be happening again as this is the only sim league I'm in now.

Very familiar, have played for 25 years and still currently play. I also watch it very often.

4 wheeling, hanging out with friends and family, camping, fishing, drinking beer

bk1689#2437 is my tag, I'm always around, just not always talking.

Media and jobs.

A post on r/hockey. And not since I came back after my hiatus.

No sir.

Xbox 1.

Heads.

I'm a mechanic at a dealership.

I feel like I've got a fairly good pl;an for the future, but am always open to input from others.

That damn moon.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Link to Player Page: Player Page 

1. You are posting here, so I am assuming you have some interest in joining the Blizzard. What do you know about the team? Why are you interested in being a part of it? Anything you'd like to know? Honestly, I am just doing homework on SHL now. As this was my first ever season it took me most of the season to get the swing of how everything works and try and find my place going forward. Now that I have a bit of a grasp on the J I am learning about how everything changes for the second season. As for questions for you what kind of plans does Edmonton have moving to S46?

2. What kind of career do you envision your player having? Lead the league in scoring? Punch some people in the mouth? What are your career goals? I am hoping to be an impact player. As a goalie the stats recognition aren't as prominent as a player but I still want to make a difference in games when I am out there.

3. How active do you anticipate being? Max earner with all equipment? PTs and ACs only? Just ACs? Max earner except for that 5 month vacation you have coming up? I am pretty active and don't foresee that dropping off anytime soon.

4. How familiar are you with hockey? Have you played it? Do you watch it regularly? Hockey addict going on almost 30 years soon. Been playing since I was 6 (as a goalie no less) and am eagerly awaiting the Canucks Stanley Cup Parade

5. What are your hobbies outside of sim leagues? I enjoy playing hockey but I also ski quite a bit and am a bit of a PC gamer.

6. What is your Discord tag? How do you feel about regularly chatting in Discord? @Tib#5687

7. How do you think you will earn money during your SHL career? I am working on a few graphics templates that I am hoping will turn into a bit of a revenue stream.

8. What caused you to create a player in the league? is there anything that has tempted you to leave? I joined in the last Reddit recruitment and have really enjoyed this league more than I expected to!

9. Is a hot dog a sandwich? A hot dog is a hot dog.

10. What is your video game system of choice? PC

11. Lets play a game. I flip a coin, heads and you receive 1 billion USD but tails and you die immediately. What are you going with? One heads please.

12. What kind of work do you do? I am a Video Editor by trade

13. How much of a plan do you have for your future build? How set on that plan are you? I made a plan for my first season and was relatively happy although I strayed from it a bit by the end of the season. I will likely lay out a plan for my build before the next season gets going but it is quite fluid.

14. Tide goes in, then it goes out. Can you explain that? Ebbs and Flows. Ebbs and Flows.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 02:36 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Link to Player Page: in my sig

I'm interested in joining any SHL team. I don't know much about the Blizzard except you're in the Cup finals so congrats. Still learning about the site at large, I'll start studying the SHL more this season.

-Depends on how I develop, I'd like to at least make a roster and contribute some goals and grit per 60.

-I should be max earner with equipment for the couple seasons for sure. I try to do all the PTs. Don't forsee any vacations.

-Been a fan since I was a kid, but its been bittersweet, I was one of the early 2000s fan kids that got hammered by the lockout and NHL 2005 being a terrible game. I can't skate but I have played floor and street hockey. I don't watch sports regularly but i play sports vidya gaems and follow along with scores and highlights and such.

-Losing at smash bros, playing sports games and JRPGs, shitposting on Discord, reading.

-Discord tag is same as my handle on here. I'm a regular on Discord, was long before I heard of the SHL.

-Media. Lots of it.

-Got linked to the site on reddit, figured I'd give it a shot with the EA Great Britain hockey legend Big Dick Nick Brain. Pingy has tempted me to leave Tongue

-Does it really matter?

-PC, but thats cause I pay a lot of emulators and because a lot of games I play end up on there.

-This question implies I don't have a choice. If I kenw anything about loaded coins I'd try to trick you into a switch maybe?

-I'm currently doing a temp job scanning documents into a company database.

-My plan is all-around power forward who can do a bit of everything, and I'm set on that plan. I'm open to a bit of adapting to suit the teams need as I go along, but I don't want to stray too far from the concept.

-Something to do with the moon? My school did not learn me science good.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 07:41 PM by mel24.)

Link to Player Page: it's in my sig!

I played for the Blizzard for about 2-3 seasons with my first player, and I regret not giving more of my attention to the team. I really enjoyed everyone I met here, and seeing the new rebranding, I would love to try my hand here again.

My career goals, if we're going incredibly lofty, is to be one of the highest goal-scoring players in the league. On a more realistic note, though, I want to be a consistent player and produce a strong number of goals every season

Pretty active! I'm typically a max earner, and I have enough money to set myself up with equipment and training for basically the rest of my life. I don't have any major shifting plans coming up soon, but as a full-time student who works, sometimes things fall through the cracks.

hockey is my favorite sport but i am from the lovely broiling state of texas, so while i go to games as often as possible and watch those horseshit green idiots, i've never played. i did play field hockey though for a while. and i live in pittsburgh now so i pretend to pay attention to the penguins.

unfortunately: school. also graphics, but i do that for here too

Mel#1794, and i tend to be pretty active on discord!

graphics. i still have $50M+. i'm good.

a bunch of people were like come play fake hockey and i was like ok cool. i left for a little bit because i had a ton of work and it took me longer than i would've liked to adjust to being a college student but i'm back now. older, wiser, still just as lame

depends on what you think a hot dog looks like

x-box 360, because i haven't played a video game since

wait do i get to chose where it lands? hahaha, good one. the real me would never pass up a chance to die immediately.

i'm a student. i do tutoring work but i'm working for a cybersecurity firm as an intern this summer

not much of one -- just what i know tends to go into a sniper. i would love to explore some new ways to get a better player out of this sim, since i think it's a really fun thing to experiment with

the moon be like that sometimes

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]