Create Account

Closer Look at Derisraka trade
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 06:27 PM by Kevin Juice Bieksa.)

[Image: 2951_h.jpg?itok=lm82g-d7]
Day 12, Game 55 of S46 Regular Season. New England Wolfpack vs West Kendall Platoon Final Score: 0-4

New England Wolfpack Locker Room After the game...

*Phone rings, caller ID Agent Bure*

"Hey, what's up."

"Good game out there, you played real well, you seem to be adjusting to the SHL so far"

"Thanks man, but what's with the call?"

"It's looking like that little show you put out there was the sweetener we needed, Ace's about to announce a trade that sends you to West Kendall. A couple equipment guys have already taken your bags and they'll be in a hotel a few miles from the stadium. I'll be heading over there tomorrow to give you a few heads up."

"Woah woah, so I'm leaving right away?"

"You'll have some time to say goodbye to your teammates and such. I'd suggest doing that now seeing that your former team needs to get going to their next game. We can talk later."

*Call ends*

"Hey guys, umm looks like I've just been traded to the West Kendall Platoon."

"Woah no shit?"

"Yeah, my agent just told me everything, I'm supposed to go to finalize my hotel plans for the night. Just want to thank everyone here for welcoming me into the league and helping me out during practice. I'll uh see you on the ice I guess."

*Few manly half naked hugs later.*

Interview We've just received news that Shaquille Derisraka will be leaving the game with the West Kendall Platoon instead of the New England Wolfpack while the Wolfpack will be taking Mattias Enqvist instead and signing him to a two year 6 million dollar deal. This is coming quite literally minutes after the game between the two teams finished with West Kendall handing New England a 0-4 defeat. Mattias Enqvist played just over 20 minutes and recorded 2 shots and a hit as he has a total of 3 assists for the season so far. Shaquille Derisraka finished his last game with the Wolfpack with 13 minutes played where he registered 6 shots and 3 hits as one of the bright spots in a rough loss. Shaq had his 1st goal of his career against Hamilton and has a total of two points on the year.

[Image: tradecentre_0498m.jpg]

B: Shaquille has been rumored to have been on the trading block as far back as last year, it wasn't 100% confirmed though at the time as it seems all parties involved were rather tight lipped about it. With GM Ace's comments during the announcement, we can confirm that Shaquille was put onto the trading block as he had informed the New England managements about his intentions to leave New England if free agency were to arrive. West Kendall is acquiring a very promising young center in Shaquille, he was drafted 5th overall by the Wolfpack after they seemingly went out of their way to draft him. He is currently still signed till the end of S47 and is an unrestricted free agent at that point. He was a nominee for the best defensive player in the SMJHL last year and he made his debut in the SHL this season.

Tomorrow morning

*Knock
"Wake up call Shaq, hurry up outta bed and get changed into some nice clothes. You got a team practice in about an hour and after that an interview to introduce yourself to all the fans here. We'll discuss your new situation here in West Kendall after the practice. I'll be waiting outside the door."

"Ahh fuck. Shit gimme a sec, I'll call you when I'm ready and shit"

"You don't have some secret girl in there do you? Or did you go out for a drink last night?"

"No! I drank some fireball last night to celebrate the trade. And I'm not the type of fuck to do that."

"Alright alright, meet you downstairs"

Team Practice

WKP Coach: As you all know, we had a trade last night. We saw off Enqvist last night as he moves on with the New England Wolfpack. We'd like to welcome Shaquille Derisraka into the mix. He's a young up and coming center as you may have met last night. He's 7 games fresh into his SHL career so teach him the ropes about being here. It'll be a short practice today, just a few skates and some scrimmages for you guys to meet the new guy.

Interview
"What's up guys?"

InterviewWhat's being traded feel like?

Uh it was weird to be honest and traded like that was obviously was not something I expected unless it was a trade deadline move or something along those lines. It was right after the game, I felt good during the game despite the loss but as I was heading back to the locker room my agent called and told me the deal was closed and that's what ended up happening. But I'm excited though, I treasured my time in New England as a prospect and I was committed to being there but obviously things happen and I wanted to be honest with management and I think this is the right decision for my future.

Interview What was your first thought when you were facing this team for the first time.

They're a bunch of champions, they got skill, a lot of skill and obviously that comes from their recent success. They lost to Edmonton in the finals but I'm hoping I can provide some physicality into the team and really make a difference for my new team. I think we still got a fantastic squad here and we can make another run.

Interview When did you decide to tell New England that you weren't going to be resigning upon the next deadline?

Umm, I don't know the day exactly but it was something I had been thinking about for a while last season. You know, I think I'm still in a good relationship with Ace and Jed leaving there, we had a few great talks, and in the end of the day for me, it was being honest to the team that went so far out of their way to draft me like that. I felt that was definitely the right thing to do for them, I wish them the best of luck aside from when I play them.

Interview Are you privy to some trade offers during that time you were on the block?

Um, not too much honestly. I got told that Ace was low balled a little bit but I wasn't in on the trade rumors or anything, I kept that to my agent Patrikov Bure on those matters.

Interview Do you have any intentions to sign with West Kendall and was that part of the deal

Uh, I have no intention of talking about that right now, all my energy is going towards being a player for the Platoon, helping them make the finals and developing my skills to be a better hockey player. I have no idea what I'm gonna do down the line, we'll see as it's just a new animal right now but I'll be taking it day-by-day just like I always do.

02-28-2019, 08:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Interview Why didn't you ask to be traded to Calgary?

Because I don't like Rainbow Dash. She was a really physical player in the SMJHL just like I was so there's a bit of a rivalry there. Also it's @Eggy216 so...hard decline, I put him on the same level as Rush or Rezik.

In actuality I don't like asking to be traded to specific teams. I prefer that the team that trades me gets the best return available so when I restrict my GM to trade to a specific team, the return is usually worse.

AMA

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

It was a pleasure having you, good luck in West Kendall.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Interview Why didn't you ask to be traded to Calgary?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-28-2019, 08:43 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Interview Why didn't you ask to be traded to Calgary?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Because I don't like Rainbow Dash. She was a really physical player in the SMJHL just like I was so there's a bit of a rivalry there. Also it's @Eggy216 so...hard decline, I put him on the same level as Rush or Rezik.

In actuality I don't like asking to be traded to specific teams. I prefer that the team that trades me gets the best return available so when I restrict my GM to trade to a specific team, the return is usually worse.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

03-02-2019, 06:27 PMKevin Juice Bieksa Wrote:

I wouldn’t want to play with me either

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

03-02-2019, 07:31 PMEggy216 Wrote:
03-02-2019, 06:27 PMKevin Juice Bieksa Wrote: Because I don't like Rainbow Dash. She was a really physical player in the SMJHL just like I was so there's a bit of a rivalry there. Also it's @Eggy216 so...hard decline, I put him on the same level as Rush or Rezik.

I wouldn’t want to play with me either

God doesn't want that either.

[Image: lebbish.gif]