Create Account

S47 Draftee Top Names
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 01:59 AM by 5ympathies.)

2x Draft Media WC: 1628

You thought I wouldn't do it again? That the topic was too random and had no substance? Well my bank account is looking kinda dry so here I am again trying to get money to afford redistribution. Shoutout to my boy @Nerio for this post basically doing all my research for me and formatting it into a nice list. Honestly, this is gonna be even worse than last time because this time it's not even original lol. Originally, it was formatted by TPE and although I could've rearranged it into draft order, I didn't. Without further ado lets dive into what I do best, making money.  

[Image: scarecrows-new.png] Filip Zadina (4th overall  pride ) - Decent name but personally I prefer meme names over real ones. The zanier the better. 

[Image: knights.png] Gunnar Soderberg (2nd overall  Barracuda ) - Second overall in the draft, first overall in the hearts of the Kelowna Knights. 

[Image: scarecrows-new.png] Charlie Serpe (10th overall  Specters ) - How do I pronounce this "Serp" or "Serp-ay"? 

[Image: lions.png] Austin Roenick (13th overall  Barracuda ) - Just sounds like a regular name, nothing special, it is what it is.

[Image: whalers.png] Cullen Gray (8th overall  Barracuda ) - ColoUrs in names are always something I enjoy. Reminds me a bit of Clue (Colonel Mustard best character dont @ me). Also this allows me into shifting the topic and asking if people spell the colour gray or grey because I just don't know. 

[Image: militia2.png] Marc Hagan (23rd overall  Blizzard ) - It's a regular name, which really limits my commentary. Marc spelled with a "c" not a "k" just like Marc Anthony.

[Image: outlaws.png] Corey Kennedy (3rd overall  syndicate ) - Another regular name, again limiting my commentary. Corey has an extra vowel, good on him. 

[Image: falcons2.png] Espen Knutsen Jr. (5th overall  Barracuda ) - Always like a Jr. I know it's not the same but this name reminds me of a name from last season, Knute Knurtsson, who was 6th overall in my power rankings. Just that memory alone increases my rank of this name. 

[Image: whalers.png] Jax Duggan (1st overall  Jets ) - First overall in the draft, not first overall on my list tho. 

10 [Image: raptors.png] Julio Tokolosh (7th overall  Blizzard ) - First name Julio, reminds me of someone I allegedly have beef with (my friends memed it so hard it eventually became a real thing lol).

11 [Image: armada.png] Eko Van Otter (9th overall  Wolfpack ) - Strong name, always love a 3 parter. Waiting for someone to make you a sig with the player render being an otter. 

12 [Image: whalers.png] Sami Raanta (11th overall  Steelhawks ) - This is my 3rd last name, because I don't do these in order, and since I have nothing to say about the name itself I'm just going to talk about how this is the third last one I have to do.

13 [Image: Raiders-emote.png] Esa Parmborg (41st overall  Dragons ) - I feel like there aren't enough 3 letter first names, except for stuff like Ray or Bob. 

14 [Image: armada.png] Tony Ford (6th overall  Platoon ) - When thinking about Ford there are two main lines of thought. Some might think about a company that produces vehicles, but others, and me included, think about a crack addict. (addiction is no joke)

15 [Image: lions.png] Harry Carpet (28th overall  Stars ) - One of my favourites from this draft, by far. It ticks all my boxes: a euphemism, first name is harry, and it matches my sense of humour. Strong contender for top 3.

16 [Image: outlaws.png] Slap McShotty (16th overall  Wolfpack ) - I don't want people to think I'm biased towards New England (I am) but this is a strong name. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the whole boaty mcboatface joke and the train one and the plane one... so one might think that I wouldn't rate this name highly and they're right, I don't. But you gotta support the NEW (get it, cause it's new england, and their also new to the team) homies and so that will really just make people question the validity of my statements.  

17 [Image: whalers.png] Aaron Wilson (17th overall  Steelhawks ) - Regular name. Going through this again, I can't believe I forgot how mind numbing it is to write these. I did one for usernames rather than player names and that was so much worse. 

18 [Image: raptors.png] Akashi SixNine (14th overall  Barracuda ) - Honestly I always confuse this guy with XXXTentacion (RIP). Even though he's not, I still like the name, memes > everything. 

19 [Image: Raiders-emote.png] Joseph Laraque (21st overall  Wolfpack ) - My NEW bias can only go so far. Decent name, it's got that French? flair. But yea, just decent. 

20 [Image: outlaws.png] Martijn Westbroek (19th overall  syndicate ) - This name intrigues me. Is the "J" silent? Is it pronounced Martin or Mart-jin? Last name, got the "e" in there instead of two "o"s. Would love to hear this one pronounced. 

21 [Image: lions.png] Thomas Bathory (26th overall  Panthers ) - It's pretty plain, no disrespect. It just doesn't stand out in any way imo.

22 [Image: lions.png] Boruvka Banananak (30th overall  Blizzard ) - I like alliteration, I like bananas (good source of potassium), I like this name.

23 [Image: militia2.png] Jaguar Johnson (20th overall  pride ) - Jaguars are hectic, both the vehicles and the animals. If his player is indicative of the speed of his namesake, we got a fast player here. 

24 [Image: falcons2.png] Przemysław Brzeszczyczkiewicz (25th overall  Wolfpack ) - Easily the best name in the draft, I am so glad he got picked up by the Wolfpack. Both me and @goldenglutes attempted to pronounce his name (which you can listen to here, honestly might not even be the right episode, but you might as well listen to them all?) and @Ace does a pretty good job of pronouncing it as well (maybe we'll bring him on to the podcast just to hear it again). 

25 [Image: raptors.png] Juulius Smonk (29th overall  Jets ) - I always like a name packed full of vowels and Juulius has 4/7 letters being vowels so props for that. 

Here below is my top 5. Last season I did a top 10, but personally I feel as though there were just better names in that draft class, so 5 is what we will get this time. 

1.  [Image: falcons2.png] Przemysław Brzeszczyczkiewicz (25th overall  Wolfpack )
2.  [Image: lions.png] Harry Carpet (28th overall  Stars )
3.  [Image: lions.png] Boruvka Banananak (30th overall  Blizzard )
4.  [Image: militia2.png] Jaguar Johnson (20th overall  pride )
5.  [Image: whalers.png] Cullen Gray (8th overall  Barracuda )

Time for my supreme(me) analysis. The yellow team, the something Lions, really have a knack for drafting some top names. New England, however, had the best name of the S47 Draft (totally unbiased). This last sentence was just to put me over the edge of the next hundred word count because graders don't actually read stuff during 2x media. 

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 02:21 AM by JNH.)

It's more or less pronounced Mar-tine West-brokk. It's the dutch way of spelling of Martin Westbrook.

Good article.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Go yellow team! Lions

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Eko van Otter robbed imo

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I am thanks god,papa mirek and mama Bożena for having me and giving me strong polski name. Although I no scoring many points first season, at least I coming in first in something and that is enough to celebrating with many shots vodka and probably one or three prostituki

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

It’s Serp-pee rhymes with slurpe

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

04-13-2019, 11:41 AMSerpe x 13 Wrote: It’s Serp-pee rhymes with slurpe

this makes it better imo

04-13-2019, 09:29 AMBDonini Wrote: Eko van Otter robbed imo

he was an early favourite but since I wrote this over multiple days I forgot about him, unfortunately

My player name is (almost) my real name so I guess my parents did good haha

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Juulius Smonk made me laugh out loud

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM