Create Account

BUF S25 2nd pick and what it turned into
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 08:15 AM by luke.)

On 8/5/15 a trade was made between Brandon and Steelhead77 that sent Buffalos S25 2nd round pick to Calgary in exchange for CGY S25 2nd and CGY S26 2nd. That trade was for Jonathan Lundberg.

From that I did a trade tree of what Buffalo actually got from trading this 2nd round pick
(bolded in here is what Buffalo Has gotten, and trade tree at the bottom)

BUF Traded: BUF S25 2nd [Jonathan Lundberg]

CGY Traded: CGY S25 2nd[DJ Stanley], CGY S26 2nd[Traded to LAP]

That CGY S26 2nd was traded along with BUF S26 1st to LAP

On 10/4/15 Bradon traded with Wasty to make this trade

BUF Traded: BUF S26 1st[Conall Macleod], CGY S26 2nd[Mattias Holmberg]

LAP Traded: LAP S26 1st[Eoin MacGregor], LAP S26 2nd[Jordan Mack], LAP S26 3rd[BJ Subban]

so for those 2 picks, Buffalo drafted those 3 players. Out of those 3 players,

BJ Subban didnt make it to the SHL

Jordan Mack and Eoin MacGregor got traded

Lets look at Jordan Mack

The Trade was at 2/13/16, with Brandon and Gifter of Bikes were trading

BUF Traded: Jordan Mack, Derek Underscore, BUF S28 1st[Micheal McFadden], BUF S30 2nd [Frontdoor McGraw]

SEA Traded: Carter  O'Callahan, Brandon Cant, SEA S28 4th[JONAS STATKUS]

so just look at what the people who was picked with that Buffalo Picks, Micheal McFadden stands out enormously, but we arent looking at what other teams got, we are look at Buffalo got, which was Carter O'Callahan, Brandon Cant, and Seattles S28 4th, which turned into Jonas Statkus

Out of those 3 players, Jonas Statkus didnt make it to the SHL, and Brandon Cant left in FA I think, and Carter O'Callahan was traded.

But we still have that trade by Eoin MacGregor to look at

On 3/29/16 Brandon and Jorec traded this

BUF Traded: Nazar Nichushkin, Eoin MacGregor (500k retained)

MAN Traded:
Clyde Arrowny, MAN S29 2nd[Edvīns Bērziņš]

This is where this part of the trade tree ended as Edvins Berzins didnt make it to the SHL and Clyde on played 2 seasons in Buffalo before going to Hamilton in FA I assume. So back to the other trades

On 3/7/16 Brandon and Tanner traded with

BUF Traded: Carter O'Callahan

HAM Traded: HAM S29 2nd[Lenard Ramsey], HAM S30 3rd[pass], HAM S31 3rd[Traded back to HAM]

So we can see that atleast we have 1 more thread of the trade tree to plan out, as Lenard Ramsey never came to the SHL

On 9/19/16  ThatDamnWalrus and ThatDamnMcJesus traded these picks

BUF Traded: WKP S31 1st[Brennan Kennedy], BUF S31 2nd[ Taro Eichelele], HAM S31 3rd[Kornel Kasparek], BUF S32 2nd[Traded to SEA]

HAM Traded: HAM S31 1st[Eduard Selich], MAN S31 2nd[Brynjar Tusk], EDM S31 3rd[Isaac Kaiser]

So you see there are some high profile players in these trades, so we will look at them in order

Now on
9/28/16 ThatDamnWalrus and Cuffy Traded with eachother

BUF Traded: Marc Leclerc, Isaac Kaiser, TEX S32 2nd[Derek Grejzcyk]

POR Traded: Alexis Metzler

Now we know that Metzler is a lifelong Buffalo Player, and recently lifed a cup with them as well

Now on 8/29/18 WannabeFinn traded with Samee of course, trade trade aways Tomens retiring player, as Samee loved the retiring players

BUF Traded: Eduard Selich

SEA Traded: SEA S46 2nd[Kalevi Karhunen], SEA S46 3rd[Raino Kyllonen]

Both of these players are turning into decent TPE players right now and if they stay that way, it would be a great win for Buffalo

On 9/2/18 WannabeFinn and Dankoa traded to trade Tusk

BUF Traded: Brynjar Tusk

TEX Traded: Jon Tellofsen, LAP S44 3rd[pass]

So yeah, then later on Jon Tellofsen got traded as well for our final branch of the tree

On 10/28/18 WannabeFinn and Dankoa traded again to get Tellofsen back

BUF Traded: Jon Tellofsen

TEX Traded: TEX S46 4th[Yuri Ushakov], TEX S48 3rd[TBD]

So yeah, now we are ending it here for now, as we still have this 3rd to see if it turns into anything, or Buffalos prospects will turn anything into too.

And here is the trade tree: https://imgur.com/a/8xH4aP2
Recommend clicking the imgur link as you can zoom in and shit

[Image: OfCRqhU.png]

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 01:25 AM by Slappydoodle.)

I picture you pacing , furiously smoking in a room full of printouts of shl trade history, with red string connecting various pages and lots of circles drawn with marker.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

[Image: zv9b3sqmhdi21.png]

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Now this is content!

RETIRED

Wasn’t my trade.

[Image: Wally.png]

04-29-2019, 07:43 AMWally Wrote: Wasn’t my trade.

Fuck me, who was GM at that time

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 08:13 AM by Tomen.)

@"luketd" Great article and was intrigued by this and figured out that all the players involved in this trade tree (that were acquired by the Stampede) add up to these stats for the Stampede 2212 Games, 435 Goals, 940 Assist, 1375 Points, -208 in +/-, 1835 PIMS, 3632 Hits, 2209 SB

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

04-29-2019, 07:54 AMluketd Wrote:

TDW and Wally did talk about the trade in PM's but someone else prolly posted it. It was Wally's first trade but he wasn't officially appointed yet coz CUffy was away I think.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

04-29-2019, 07:54 AMluketd Wrote:

No probs... It was Cuffy, last move he made before bouncing.

04-29-2019, 08:12 AMTomen Wrote:
04-29-2019, 07:54 AMluketd Wrote: Fuck me, who was GM at that time

TDW and Wally did talk about the trade in PM's but someone else prolly posted it. It was Wally's first trade but he wasn't officially appointed yet coz CUffy was away I think.

Nah... I was the middle man.

04-29-2019, 08:14 AMWally Wrote:
04-29-2019, 07:54 AMluketd Wrote: Fuck me, who was GM at that time

No probs... It was Cuffy, last move he made before bouncing.

Word, thanks Wally

04-29-2019, 01:24 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: I picture you pacing , furiously smoking in a room full of printouts of shl trade history, with red string connecting various pages and lots of circles drawn with marker.

Only that but virtually, pacing back and forth between tabs, drawing fake lines connecting each outcome together, a lot of coloring things in.

wow luke good job

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs