Create Account

Tony Ford increases travel distance lead over draft class
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 11:12 AM by Fordyford.)

A short while ago, @"bwrabbitt" wrote an article about distances travelled by SHL prospects after the S47 draft. Tony Ford absolutely smashed it out of the park, travelling from Anchorage to West Kendall, a whopping 3990 miles. Well, he's only gone and further increased his lead, being traded to LAP last night, adding another 2340 miles to his travel distance. Yes, that's right, he's still in his draft season, and he's already hit 6000 miles between teams (6330 to be exact). This guy is single handedly destroying the planet with his flight times. 

Tony had this to say about being traded from WKP to LAP: "I really enjoyed my time with the West Kendall Platoon, and was looking forward to many seasons on their blue line. Sadly, it seems I was there for a good time, but not for a long time, as they made the decision to trade me to the Los Angeles Panthers. I fully understand that when the Platoon's head office saw a chance to pick up a player like Sophia Bennett, they really had to go for it, and I wish them good luck with what I hope will be a deep cup run this season, and am only sad that I don't get to watch on as a player. I understand as well that LAP were looking to get a piece that can kick them into contention in a few years, and it seems that's me. I look forward to getting to know the team, and hopefully we can go on to great things in the future"

Tony has been incredibly vocal about his distaste for certain teams, especially the Tampa Bay Barracudas and the New England Wolfpack. When asked if this was just posturing with the WKP local rival of Tampa, and the ever unpopular in their locker room NEW, he had this to say: "I still think that Tampa are a garbage team (except Gunnar Söderberg, he's a pretty good prospect), and I would rather take a cyanide pill than play for NEW, that will never change. I really hope my friend Eko Van Otter can manage to jump off that sinking ship one day (when he notices the water flowing in). I will definitely seek to put a limited NTC to take those teams out of the equation in future contracts."

We also asked Tony to comment on the controversy around the recent sanctions on LAP, to which he said "I believe I have said in the past I thought the punishment was reasonable and proportional. That doesn't change because it disadvantages my new team, I still believe the same thing. I also believe that just because a head office made one mistake, doesn't mean they're garbage (that's reserved for New England and Tampa Bay.). And if the Los Angeles Panthers' head office can't take a bit of criticism from their own players, they might want to trade me again. (just not to New England or Tampa please)"

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

im not ready to hate LAP yet though

[Image: 3.png]

05-03-2019, 09:08 AMJSS Wrote: im not ready to hate LAP yet though

i think as a former sfp player im supposed to

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

DW I love you too... (your team is still garbage)

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

05-03-2019, 09:12 AMFordyford Wrote:

DW I love you too... (your team is still garbage)

One day, the unthinkable will happen

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 09:14 AM by bluesfan55.)

05-03-2019, 09:13 AMJSS Wrote:
05-03-2019, 09:12 AMFordyford Wrote: DW I love you too... (your team is still garbage)

One day, the unthinkable will happen

that was last season tho right
dump the bloos man and your team does good

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs