Create Account

S47 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 07:11 PM by ImShiny.)

Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Task 1:At the Airport Vent was waiting for his flight back to America after spending the day in his hometown Brno. Vent was hailed as a hero for his efforts on the ice and from coming from a small town that really had no other famous people. While there the town held a parade that had Vent go through downtown and see all the faces that lived there. Vent was also awarded a statue of himself in front of the rink he uses to practice and play at while growing up in the town. Vent was given the key to the town from the Mayor which Vent was very honored about. Fans from all over the town came to see Vent and to take pictures with the young defensemen. Headed back to America Vent hoped to be able to make his hometown proud of him even more.

Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Task 3.Vent will be staying down for his final season before coming up to the big leagues. Looking at his play style and seeing the team he is going to be called up to Vent knows he will become the 7th man on defense for the Rage. Vent is well aware of his abilities and believes he can be that defensemen that the Rage need him to be. Going forward Vent believes he needs to work more on scoring more points and still being a solid defenseman for the team. He also needs to work on his discipline and not take penalties while playing on the Rage roster.  Vent believes one more season will be enough for him to mature and to finally be able to make it on the Rage roster and be a consistent player that they need to be. He knows he won’t get a lot of minutes or really be in the lime light but he’s trying to win games and cups for the Rage and that’s all that matters to him.

Task 5: 1.(Written, 1 TPE) Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

Task 5: 1. Looking at this match up I believe this is going to be a hard-fought series between both teams. I see this series going the distance to game 7 with very close games. Both teams have amazing defenses that have brought them to this final. But after 7 I believe that the Dragons will be able to take home the cup.

Task 5: 3.(Written, 1 TPE) Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

Task 5: 3.Looking at Calgary for the MVP award I would give it to Shooter McGavin. The guy was able to notch 15 points and take no penalties so far in the playoffs. For unsung hero Ostap Maksimov would do it for Calgary. The man has been laying his body on the line for his team and still being able to get some points along the way. For the Platoon Crossfit Jesus would take home the MVP award for notching 16 points on only 21 shots. Also, with out taking any penalties along the way. The unsung hero would be LudWig Koch Schroder for an impressive 22 shots blocked and 35 hits for his team. He’s playing all for his team and does not care how much pain he causes himself or the other team.

Task 5: 4.(Written,1 TPE) Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

Task 5: 4.The difference maker for the Platoon has to be their goalie. Biscuit has been a complete wall during the playoffs posting an impressive 1.83 GAA and a .941 save %. The guy has been on fire and has back stopped the Platoon to their run to the finals this year.

Task 5: 6.(Written,1 TPE) Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

Task 5: 6.I believe that one of the young guns for Calgary will be able to make a name for themselves. Bernik Vrzala was called up to the team in the finals after his Whalers were eliminated. Vrzala places a solid game and seems to be a defensive genius on the ice. He will block many shots for the dragons and prove his value in the finals this year. @Off

Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

Task 09: Looking at the teams that did not make it to the finals would have to be Manhattan being a disappointment. The team is stacked with super stars and young talents. They have some of the top players and seemed to be a huge powerhouse coming into this year playoffs. However, during their playoff run, it seemed like they could never get into their rhythm. Coming into the wildcard spot was a huge shock and then losing in the wildcard game was an even bigger shock. I believe Manhattan had better players, but it seems like the Syndicate was able to slow the Rage down and break down their defense. It did not help that the bounces and the refs seemed to be against them but still it is still a huge disappointment to watch a team with so much potential be eliminated in the first round. The Rage just couldn’t get their own offense going and seemed to be blown away by the fast-paced game from the Syndicate.

TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!
1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?
**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Task 13: Sent

[Image: ImShiny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 11:49 PM by Wongy.)

Task 1
Gabriel Wong returns to Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Finally, Gabriel Wong is front and center of the West Kendall Platoon, first lining the team with Sophia Bennett and Crossfit Jesus winging him on that line. However, when Gabriel returned to Ottawa, it was all about him that day. He was welcomed to the airport with a ton of fans waiting to greet him and welcome him home on his journey to the Challenge Cup. After that, the city of Ottawa threw a huge party in front of the government with Ben Wong by his side in celebration of Gabriel trying to capture yet another Challenge Cup. Hunter Wong was not in attendance due to conflicts of cheering for Gabriel and having loyalty to the Calgary Dragons. After this celebration, Gabriel Wong met Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and gave him a Gabriel Wong jersey to wear when Wong steps on the ice yet again to go after the cup. This was a weird case of de ja vu for Ottawa as years ago, the city hosted the same type of celebration for Hunter, except they were all cheering on Calgary.
Code:
188 words

Task 5
3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
The playoff MVP for the West Kendall Platoon would definitely be Beaujeaux Biscuit. With a 1.83 goals against average in the playoffs and a .941 save percentage, he is the main reason why the Platoon were able to come down from a 3-1 deficit against the Buffalo Stampede. Ludwig Koch Schroder is the unsung hero in the playoffs for the Platoon. With 9 points in the playoffs, he has had 2 clutch goals with a game winning goal and a game tying goal. To add to all that, he has 22 shot blocks which leads all West Kendall players. @.bojo @Rabidsponge21
Code:
99 words

Task 9
The biggest disappointment to me for the team that did not make the Challenge Cup finals would be the Edmonton Blizzard. Yes, the Buffalo Stampede of the East were the defending champions, but they were not the favourite coming out of the east, that would be the Platoon. The Blizzard however, despite finishing 2nd in the West, were first in goals for and first in goals against in the West. And yet, the Calgary Dragons eliminated them in 6 games in round 1. Edmonton has 2 50 point scorers in Brady McIntyre and Teddy Cuddles. Edmonton also had the hottest goaltender in the league with Tommy Tuck, finishing first in save percentage and first in goals against average. In a playoff series, an entire team can be off, but a goaltender can still steal a series for them. However, this was not the case this season as Tuck only had a .902 save percentage in the series against Calgary.
Code:

Task 11
The West Kendall Platoon would have taken Alexis Metzler from the Buffalo Stampede. West Kendall has a weaker 3rd line pair and putting Metzler there would have given them depth on the 3rd line d pair and allow one of Emerson or Ross to go to the 4th d pair. Metzler would have added a disciplined style of play that could contribute on the offence. With 39 points in the regular season and a +15 with only 2 penalty minutes, this was a player the Platoon would have loved to add to their roster. With the already stacked forward core of the West Kendall Platoon and the god among men in Biscuit in net, adding an A+ calibre dman would have made the final series against West Kendall that much easier. The two games that went to overtime may have ended in regulation. The reason Metzler would be put on the 3rd line is that the top 2 d pairs have been together for most of the season and on the cup run and has been working, so West Kendall would just be adding depth. @Avakael @.bojo
Code:
185 words

Task 12
The clear adversity for the West Kendall Platoon was round 2 against the defending champions, the Buffalo Stampede. After sweeping the Chicago Syndicate, West Kendall immediately went down 2-0 to Buffalo on home ice. Going to Buffalo, Biscuit was able to steal WKP a 1-0 victory to make it 2-1. However, Buffalo took revenge in game 4 and won 4-3 in overtime. The Platoon were now down 3-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals against the champions. However, in game 5, Biscuit had another stellar performance and made 35 saves in the 2-1 victory. WKP would then go on to Buffalo and win another 2-1 game where Biscuit made 22 saves in a 2-1 victory. And finally, to finish it off, the Platoon had a whole team effort in a 3-0 victory in game 7 at home to finally advance to the Challenge Cup finals. However, the Platoon only needed 1 goal as yet again, Biscuit shut the door with a 33 save shutout. @.bojo
Code:
163 words

Task 13
Sent

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Code:
TASK 02: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The leagues running an auction where all proceeds will go to the education departments of both teams in the challenge cup finals! create a graphic of a player in the challenge cup series holding up an SHL related item for bidding. Graphic should include a pic of that player, his name, his team logo, the item hes showing off for bidding and wording about what we are seeing in the graphic. (*tag that player)
[Image: gFBaFUW.png]
@TML99

Code:
TASK 04: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Calgary and WKP are giving the first 7,500 fans in the building a Challenge Cup poster of one of there young up and coming stars in their organization! Create that poster! ...must include that players render, player name, team name, team logo and exciting wording to highlight that player. (*tag that player)
[Image: Ax2Qisa.png]
@Alex Mack

Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

3. Looking back on the series, I'd be willing to bet that the West Kendall Platoon as a team would unanimously vote Ted Glass as their finals MVP. He's a leader in the room, I hear, big time glue guy, keeps the boys loose. Important player in WKP no doubt. Well say for Calgary going into the final series, the unsung hero on that team would probably be Your Overloard. For a lot of the same reasons mentioned with Glass, great team player for Calgary.
[84 words]

4. The player who's going to make the biggest differance for Calgary has got to be Paddy O'Sullivan, the guy is going to go out there, and fuck everyone's day up, you watch. I just believe in it. I believe in him, he's got 47 children with 54 different women, the guy is unstoppable on and off the ice. I am putting money down on O'Sullivan everyday of the week.
[69 words]

Code:
TASK 06: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a playoff collage for one of the teams in the challenge cup finals! Collage must have a title, the logo of the team and at least 4 pictures with player names and wording explaining what each playoff pic was about. (*Tag everyone involved in the collage)
[Image: QIw9zgg.png]
@BarnabasCollins @Eggy216 @Mook @Thunder39

Code:
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)
For me, it's a toss up between the Hamilton Steelhawks, a great team from the Great Lakes division, and the Tampa Bay mothafuckin Barracuda out of the Atlantic Division there. Both have the skill to win a cup now, and should have made the finals. Really they should have played each other in fact, that'd be good for the league I think. Forget the conferences and all, it'd be an entertaining 7 game series in my opinion.  Of those two teams, Tampa is the one I really think would have had a prime shot to win. Had they won about 15-20 more games, maybe scored like 35-70 more goals and gotten into the playoffs they'd be right in it. There really wasn't even that much holding them back, if you look at it from that perspective. I don't think there's much concern with anything for them. The 193 goals they allowed was only 25 more than the next worst team, that's an easy fix, couple small tweaks and they're over the top I think.
[174 Words]

Code:
TASK 13:
Sent

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
Well, when you come from a dairy farm in rural Greenland (let’s be honest, all of Greenland is rural) there’s not a whole lot of stories that come out of our town. I grew up in Nuuk, which is the capital of Greenland. It’s a small city that’s best known for humpback whales, waterfalls and icebergs. My family have invested in satellite television to watch my games in Boston, and it really has turned into a country affair. All Greenlanders proudly don their Bitties #37 jerseys on game days and tune in eagerly. When I heard they were having a “Hometown Hero” day for me, I quickly flew in. There was a small parade with tow trucks, cows and floats where everyone wore New England Wolfpack apparel. They presented me with the Key to the City of Nuuk and I proceeded to go on a bender that has never been seen before. All in all, it was a good time. I just didn’t enjoy the headache I had the next day much.

1. I thought that the Platoon would have the advantage in every facet of the game. I didn’t think that Calgary was prepared to match up against them, and that Calgary was quite fortunate to even make the finals with their roster in the position that they were in. I was proven correct in this assessment.
2. There’s only so much tactics can do when this matchup is so heavily favoring West Kendall. I don’t particularly think that STHS strategy really was a big concern for the Platoon, they just played their game the way they can and they were able to steamroll the Dragons. Who knows if a different strategy could’ve stolen a couple games for Calgary.
3. I’ve got to go with Beaujeaux Biscuit as the MVP for the Challenge Cup winning West Kendall Platoon. His 1.83 GAA and .941 save percentage is excellent for a netminder in the playoffs. He faced a total of 475 shots and led the league in the postseason in wins, so I’ve got to go with Beaujeaux.
4. If Calgary was to pull off the improbable, it would’ve had to have been their on ice leader, Mike Izzy. He has such a dominating impact on the team he’s up against and he’s an inspiration for his teammates. If we’re talking about West Kendall, that team is so deep all around it’ll have to come from the net.
5. Mild surprise. STHS has shown that it’s a fickle bitch, and this is just another example of how and why. Calgary shouldn’t be where they made it to, and they were exposed for not being ready for primetime by a legitimate team. Don’t that that as offensive though, I think Calgary’s management staff performed admirably in a stage where they’re really starting to knock on the door of something good.
7. No surprise for me that the Platoon are where they are. Their only real competition in the Atlantic was the Rage, and even the Rage underperformed. The Platoon management made some gutsy calls and acquired some key pieces to reload on the fly, and it worked out extremely well for them. I tip my cap to JR.

Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
For what it is worth, I haven’t looked if anyone else has submitted this yet, but I figure that it’s such a god damn slam dunk it has been. I gave a quick call to my agent who made a quick call to a contact of his and we’ve got a deal struck. Mr. 305 himself will be coming to West Kendall to perform hits such as “No more Fireball”, “Timber – Dragons are going down”, “Hotel Room Service” and of course, the national anthems of Canada and the United States. Unfortunately we had to sit down with Mr. Bull and teach him the Canadian anthem, as he never has had any reason to sing it. All fans in attendance will receive a complimentary shaving kit for their heads, and a pair of Oakley sunglasses. For Calgary? I don’t know, Chad Kroeger? He is Canadian right? Perfect. Nickelback for the Dragons.

Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Sure, everyone has to face a little bit of adversity if they’re going to make the Challenge Cup Finals, but some teams have to endure more than others. For example, JR95 stubbed his toe in the hotel room in Calgary before Game 3. He stubbed it so hard, the nail fell off and his toe was bleeding. It was infuriating pain I’d imagine. He had to get a first aid kit, clean it all up and then put a bandage on it before he could put his socks and shoes on. I am not actually sure if the Platoon could’ve won Game 3 if JR95 didn’t have that ill fated injury. It helped his team rally behind him and easily dispatch the Dragons. We all could learn a thing or two from how he can bounce back from such an injury. He’s such an inspirational leader, and super handsome too.

SENT

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 07:51 PM by AW13.)

1. PBE PT

13. PM sent

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Task 03
Boy has my time in the SMJHL flown by pretty fast. It seems like just the other day I was getting drafted to a team and embarking on a journey I didn't know would be fruitful. Definitely had some ups and downs along the way and plenty of bruises to show for it, but all in all I think that it was a pretty successful trip along the way to me becoming a member of the SHL. I remember before this last season began I popped off at the mouth a little bit at my displeasure of still being down in the minors, but as the season went on I learned to embrace it and have fun with it and it ultimately led to hoisting a trophy. Because of all that I had to go through though I feel that I am definitely ready to take on the pros of the SHL. Right now, I feel like my offensive game is SHL ready and that I will be able to facility and guide an offense, but I think I still need to work a bit on my defensive mechanics as I was still letting up some plays I shouldn't have.

Task 05
1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
The West Kendall/Calgary Finals was an interesting one simply for the fact that West Kendall almost got eliminated the round before by Buffalo. Nevertheless it looked like through all the adversity that the Platoon found their identity namely through heroics from Bennett, Wong, and Woodcroft. All in All I think West Kendall played like a complete team and so many of their players could be looked at as stars after that series. @Wongy @Glyc @goilers

I really don't know how controversial this pick might be, but for me, West Kendall's playoff MVP would have to be that of goalie Beaujeaux Biscuit. With their backs against the wall, Biscuit pitched a shutout in the deciding game and did just enough to help sweep Calgary. For my unsung hero I think I'd go with Crossfit Jesus. He seemed to be nonexistent for a good portion of the playoffs, but in the last couple games against Buffalo turned it on and then was a beast in the Finals.

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
As I mentioned in a previous question I felt like Beaujeaux Biscuit was the main reason West Kendall was even in a position to win the cup in the first place, but of course that alone doesn't make him deserving. Neverthelss, Biscuit went out and did enough to shut down a pretty impressive Calgary offense enough to let WKP's offense secure victory. Maybe not the cleanest of sheets for a goalie, but still enough to be my difference maker!

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
I suppose I'd have to go with mild surprise. My reasoning for this is because even though I'm not as familiar with this game engine I've come to know through the comments of others that it pretty much is a shit engine that has stupid results, akin to DDSPF so in that regard I've seen enough that anything can happen and a "rebuild" can be done extremely quick if you get the right guys on your team.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)
Since I'm doing this after the fact it isn't quite as fun, but the WKP didn't really have a ton of guys S42-S47 on the roster to choose from and after looking at the results it's quite easy to see that WKP's breakout young player is none other than Rex Kirby. Kirby put up points via assists in three out of the four Finals games and added in some shots blocked and laid out some hits as well. With a roster full of talented vets, Kirby showed out a bit. @Acsolap

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
I'll have to go with no surprise here. Despite having a lot of guys in regression, you still have a roster chalked full of veteran presence and you really only need to add one or at most two guys to that to make a contender and once you get to the playoffs all kinds of weird things can happen.

Task 12
The West Kendall Platoon definitely faced adversity prior to the finals series against Calgary as they almost got eliminated in the previous round by Buffalo. Buffalo was ready for WKP after knocking off Toronto and came out swinging, winning the first two games. The Platoon then found themselves down 3 games to 1 and on the brink of elimination, when they rallied as a team and won the final three games of the series including a shutout in game 7. That was enough fuel to the fire to propel WKP to a sweep and win the trophy.

TASK 13
Sent PM

Affiliate PT
NSFL PT

[Image: wHACKER.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 01:41 PM by gillon.)

Task 01:
The biggest thing was being greeted by my childhood heroes - my youth team organization had a bunch of old cult players wear jerseys with my name at the celebration. They were even teasing me about coming home to play once I've had my fill of the SHL so they'd get to hang it up in the rafters. If they only know that they were speaking my dreams aloud. All the greats were there - Bulan, Skuggan, Hurtig, Sandström, Åkerström - even Jarmo Myllys attended all the way from Finland!

After coming down a bit from the shock of the reality of it all I got spend time with both the old greats and my family as they had prepare a bit of a celebration. They talked me into having a signing session which felt really weird - I had done these before in Montreal, but I knew all the people asking for signatures now. Friends, old acquaintances I had forgotten and people who had followed my journey from the get-go. It was honestly kinda touching, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't holding back tears by the end of it.

Task 03:

I've now spent three seasons in the SMJHL; while I struggled hard in my first, the second and third seasons saw me performing quite well. I also was a part of a journey where me and the Militia crew steadily climbed the rankings, to culminate in this past seasons game seven finals loss vs the Outlaws. 

Leaving Militia without a cup is easily the thing I'll regret most - both because it was my last season as a player there and because it was my first season as Co-GM. We got so close, and there are quite a few what-ifs floating around, but in the end it is what it is. After this I see the SHL as quite a step up challenge-wise, so that'll be a lot of fun.

When looking at my game I obviously feel like every single area needs to be improved to really match up well - but I'm looking to be able to play a strong two-way game on the third line and develop offensive edge as time passes by. Defense first, then offense. With that said, if management wants anything else of me - then that's what'll happen.

Task 05: 

As I believe WKP will be taking it - either Dani Forsberg or Beau Biscuit. Forsberg has been absolutely lighting it up in the ploofs, and Biscuit has been a stud all along. I honestly believe them both to be on quite an equal base for the difference maker title, but I'll hand it to the goalie to be sure to show them some love. Biscuit is my difference maker.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Major surprise. No matter what the competition looks like one can't deny the accomplishment of making the finals so close to the start of a rebuild. Now, 'rebuild' isn't a set term and can come in various.. sizes for lack of a better term, but even so the Dragons management has done an amazing job and should be applauded.

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise. JR knows what he's doing and if they didn't have a shot I'm guessing they would've been rebuilding, but obviously he knew better and thought they had a shot despite the heavy regression hit. Of course, this is easy to say in hindsight, but we all play the percentages, and WKP management played them well.

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

While both goalies have obviously performed extremely well, I'd gonna side with WKP tender Beau here. Reason being that I simply think that the squad overall is stronger at this point. Like mentioned earlier Calgary is coming off of a rebuild, and while making it to a finals appearance so soon after going into a rebuild is very impressive; that's still only two seasons and I believe that's gonna show in the matchup.

Task 09:

Now, I'm tempted to say the Buffalo Stampede; simply because I know (don't @ me) we've got the best roster, we're the reigning champions and we've proven we can do it. That said, exiting in the semis 4-3 is still hard to call a dissapointment. That semifinal was the REAL final.

With that out of the way; the real dissapointment was the Spectres. While the Texas series was a close one - also going all the way to game seven - they didn't really reach the level to which they were able to perform last season. Maybe their inaugural season was just a fluke, but I feel like they're a stronger team than what they showed on paper. One should also keep in mind that the games were close in the Texas series, but it becomes hard blaming luck in a best out of 7. 

Spectres need to perform better than they did with the material that they've got, and they've shown that they can in the very short time span they've been around. I guess the coming season will be the real decider as to if the finals appearance was a fluke - or if we can expect more of that from them.

Task 13:
Done, sent via PM.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 06:16 PM by 39alaska39.)

Task 1: You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Sitting back in the Prague airport, my trip back to Pardubice was a good experience. I was asked to return home for a day honoring all the successful players to make it to the SHL My part of the day was short, I gave a speech to some school children, showed off my Jesster Trophy, my 4 Star Cup ring and my WJC Gold Medal. While the reception wasn’t quite what we had received when we brought that trophy home, it was good fun and the people of Pardubice seemed very proud of all of our successes and the glory we had brought the city and to our great country. I missed being home, it had been a while since I had visited. With spending most of my time in Manhattan or following my wife to wherever her shows and movies were shooting, I didn’t realize how long it had been. We did get a sandwich named after us at the sandwich shop in the center of town, the Pardubice Pride. I wasn’t paying attention when they announced what was on it, but it’s cool to have a sandwich named after you nonetheless. (193 Words)

Task 5:

5-1.      Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

The biggest matchup in this one is going to be in goal to me. In almost every series in the playoffs this year (at least in the East), you’ve seen the team with the hot goalie move on. Chicago over Manhattan, West Kendall over Chicago and then West Kendall over Buffalo to get to this point. Whichever team is going to win is going to have to rely on their goalie to put them over the top. @.bojo @BarnabasCollins (77 Words)

5-2.         A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

Tough matchup coaching wise for sure here, and I think both of these teams have had recent enough success to say that this is going to be a war in the finals. I would give the slight edge to JR and Wongy because of the way WKP dominated in the playoffs to this point and I think their advantage shows in the playoff hockey that they have been playing. This is not a knock on Steelhead and Cookies, but WKP seems to be on another level right now. (88 words)

5-4.       Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times: goaltending is key here. Some teams can find a way to score their way out of trouble in games with soft goaltending, but for the majority of the league, having that consistent goalie who is comfortable on the backend is absolutely critical for putting a winning team on the ice. For Calgary, that means they’ll need Vilde to step up and find another level in the Final here. For West Kendall, Biscuit needs to maintain the way that he is playing and if he can do that, West Kendall will have a great chance to win the Challenge Cup. (109 Words)

5-5.       After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

This is the exact opposite of a surprise. The Dragons still maintained one of the best two way players in the game with Mike Izzy and then bringing up their talented young starter in Vilde gives them a chance to compete for the foreseeable future. Good goaltending goes a long way and I think Vilde gives them that steady presence on the backend, which should allow them to compete for a reasonably long time. (74 Words)

5-7.       The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Why are people surprised by this? If they are, they certainly shouldn’t be. Last season was a surprising finish for the Platoon, finishing out of the playoffs, not them being back in the Final. For me, West Kendall is one of those model franchises that them not making the playoff is an aberration. As long as they have Biscuit in net and guys like Forsberg up front, they’ll be a threat every year. (73 words)

5-8.       Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

It’s hard to bet against Biscuit, his ability to steal a game is truly up there with the best in the league. However, for one of the two goalies to carry their team to a championship, it would have to be Vilde. While I think that Biscuit is the better goalie, he also has the better roster in front of him. Vilde will have to be the best player on the ice in this series if the Dragons want to win and therefore, he will have to carry them to the win if its either goalie. (96 words)

Task 7:  You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapsulates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

So I have learned in my brief research for this that Calgary is almost entirely devoid of musical talent that grew up in the area, so their singer for Game 3 of the Challenge Cup Final is going to be Bobby Wills. Bobby Wills is a country singer who grew up in Calgary and in 2013, won the Canadian Country Music Association’s Rising Star Award. With Calgary being known for the Stampede each year as well as their general status as the “country” part of Canada, it’s a great fit. As for West Kendall, there is no one better to represent the greater Miami area than international sensation Pitbull. Mr. Worldwide himself would be the ultimate representative for the Platoon to have as their singer for Game 1 of the Challenge Cup Final. His performance would, of course, be legendary with his pseudo-rap style putting unique spin on the Anthems and would bring a powerful passion to the role, pumping up the crowd before the first game. (167 Words)

Task 9: Which organization that didn't make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

This would have to be Manhattan for me. When we made it to the Eastern Conference Final last season, there was a sense that things were just getting started and we were getting ready to be a powerhouse in the East, challenging for the Cup each season. This year was a down year for us however. With players like Alex Winters who had extremely disappointing years, it ready brought the overall performance of the team down. While I’m not going to pull a Bob Nicholson and say that he’s entirely the reason the Rage didn’t have a great playoff, I do think if his performance had been better this season, the Rage would have both made it out of the first round and been a higher seed in the playoff overall. They’ll need a bounce back season from him next year in order to get back up to the standard they expect. (152 Words)

Task 13: PM Sent

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Task 1
Although Maui is Latvian by nationality, he spent the majority of his childhood in Hawaii. Recently, the entire state dedicated a day to celebrating the achievement in hockey by Maui. He was welcomed to the state at the Honolulu Airport by the Governor of Hawaii, David Ige. They then proceeded downtown via motorcade to the Hawaii Hockey Festival where Maui was the guest of honour. He was awarded with the key to Honolulu and they named a street after him. He then spent the rest of the day surfing with those that had made their way to the capital for the festivities. The night ended with a massive luau on the beach with fire dancers, live music and tons of free food. Overall, Maui felt extremely honoured to be given such recognition by the Hawaiian community. He is a figure of hope for all aspiring hockey players on the island.

Word Count: 150

Task 5
8. As the finals have already come to a close, it is easy to see that Beaujeaux Biscuit stole the show. Only losing 3 times in the entire playoffs, Biscuit posted an astonishing .941 save percentage and 1.83 goals against average. Those numbers are just nuts. There is no doubt that Biscuit was the driving force behind the Platoon’s playoff success.

Word Count: 60

Task 7
As the end of the season draws closer, many fans are simply wanting to watch hockey. There is no need to big spectacles just for the national anthem. So with my new responsibility of organizing the anthems for the finals, I have decided to go super simple. In West Kendall, the anthems will be sung by Texas born George Strait. He is a country music staple and best represents the West Kendall Platoon. He will be accompanied by a single banjo player, with both individuals wearing custom American flag button downs and jeans. In Calgary, the anthems will be sung by none other than Paul Brandt. Again, with the country vibe of the city of Calgary, it only make sense to call upon another country music icon to sing the anthems. Paul will wear a Canadian tuxedo and be accompanied by a local high band. Thus, nothing flashy for the anthems, just simple music and then hockey.

Word Count: 157

Task 9
The organization that didn’t make the finals that is the biggest disappointment is obviously the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The Cudas looked poised to turn around their recent misfortune after making the playoffs in their first season in Tampa Bay after leaving Seattle. That had seemed to be the sparked they needed to ignite a fire under the team. However, this season proved that all that hype was garbage. The Barracudas followed up their appearance in the playoffs by finishing DEAD LAST IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. I mean, some of those borderline teams can expect to miss the playoffs every now and then but to drop all the way to the bottom was well bad. Tampa Bay just simply forgot how to play defense. They allowed 193 goals against which was almost 30 more than the next closet team. That was almost 4 goals a game! When you only score 130 in the season, allowing almost 200 is a sure-fire way to suck. At least the Barracuda ended up with the first overall pick in the upcoming draft so maybe that will bring some good fortune to the team.

Word Count: 188

Task 11
The Calgary Dragons definitely needed some more fire power in the lineup come the Challenge Cup finals as Platoon goaltender Beaujeaux Biscuit (@.bojo) slammed the door on the Dragons. This potential twist to the playoff format would have allowed Calgary to pick up one of the Texas Renegades sharpshooters to help bolster their attack. My pick for who the Dragons would have grabbed would be Iam Essellemm (@iamslm22). Essellemm finished the playoffs as the top goal scorer even after being eliminated in the conference finals. He posted 10 goals while adding another 8 assists in 17 games played this post-season for Texas. Essellemm would slot in on the Dragons’ top line with Mike Izzy and Hunter Jones. This would push Shooter McGavin down to the second line and Bouchard to the third. By adding Essellemm, the Dragons would have then had 3 lines with high scoring capabilities which could have been the difference in the Challenge Cup finals.

Word Count: 156

Task 13
PM’d

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 07:03 PM by Zombiewolf.)

Task 1:
My hometown is Washington DC, USA and I am kind of a hero there. After winning the Challenge Cup they decided to throw a parade for me. Accompanying me on the main float was my family, my girlfriend, and my high school hockey coach. I invite my teammate Alexis who was on a different float. It was an incredible experience to see so many people cheer me on. After the parade I planned a meet and greet with some of my fans. It was an incredible experience to see so many children look up to me and tell me they want to be me when they grow up. I’ve been in the game for so long and had no idea I touched so many people. The day was almost over but at the end of the day I was privileged to be given the key to the city. It was honestly a great day

Task 5:
I think the playoff mvp for Calgary is Nicky Pedersen Jr. Nicky had 14 points in 15 games and a 12 +/-. He didn’t have many hits but with his high production and little penalty minutes I thinky Nicky Pedersen Jr is the obvious choice for playoff MVP. For unsung hero I would go with Maxime Bouchard who is only a rookie but has a high production rate.

I think Crossfit Jesus will be the difference maker in the playoffs. He is coming off an incredible 61 point season and I do not think he will slow down in the playoffs. This is proven with his 16 point playoff performance. He is having an excellent season and if the West Kendal Platoon want to win the cup they are going to need a huge performance from Crossfit Jesus.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

I would have to go with no surprise. Steelhead and C00kies have been at this game a very long time and they know what it takes to win championships. They also have seasoned veterans like Mike Izzy and Otis B. Driftwood. The Calgary Dragons have been relevant for such a long time so I would never be surprised when they make it to the finals.

I would go with a mild surprise for the West Kendall Platoon. They have a strong team and fought hard to get to the Challenge cup final so I wouldn’t say I am in shock. I obviously think the Buffalo Stampede had a better team on paper and was saddened to find out they did not make it but like I said, the Platoon are a strong team and there really is no reason to be any more than mildly surprised that they made it.

Task 13: Done

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 08:21 PM by Jenny.)

TASK 13: sent

Task 7:
Selecting the anthem singers for the challenge cup finals games was a huge responsibility. Only the best were considered, and only the very best were selected. At home games in West Kendall, the anthems of both great nations were sung by John Stamos as Elvis Presley. John wore a red, white, and blue bedazzled one piece suite with a giant collar and huge sunglasses with rhinestone eagles all over the frames. He sang in the style of Elvis and even grew out his sideburns for the occasion. In Calgary, the anthems were sung by Canadian national treasure Carly Rae Jepsen as Celine Dion. We wanted to get the actual Celine Dion, but she was busy and also way above our budget. Carly Rae wore a Mike Izzy jersey and sang into a chicken parm sandwich shaped microphone, but she did it in the style of Celine with sweeping hand gestures and a French Canadian accent. We hear Celine was impressed.

Task 8:
[Image: unknown.png?width=347&height=432]

Task 9:
For Cloutier, the biggest disappointment this SHL postseason was the San Francisco Pride. His best friend, former roommate, former teammate, and former captain Leo Lockhart is a rookie on the team. Not only did Cloutier want them to do well because he wants good things for his best friend forever, but honestly if they'd made it farther in the playoffs, maybe Cloutier wouldn't have had to listen to Lockhart bitch so much about what a horribly shitty season he had. It's like, come on bro, you made the SHL. Cry a little more about it, eh? But for real though, it wasn't all Lockhart's fault that they sucked. They did some good things defensively. The team just couldn't seem to buy a goal. Like, if offense was oxygen and the Pride were locked in an airtight cellar, they wouldn't have very long to live, is all I'm saying. So yeah, it would have been nice if they had made it a little farther. But whatever, maybe Lockhart is free for a round of golf this weekend.

Task 3:
Olivier Cloutier loves being captain of the Anchorage Armada. He loves the view of the mountains from his apartment window, the coaching staff, the giant mural welcoming people to the shipyard at the rink, the friends he's made on the team, and the fans that bring giant cutouts of his head and wave them around during the playoffs. He'd give all that up, though, for one shot at playing on SHL ice. He'd miss Anchorage, but he's ready to trade the mountain view for one of the beach, and while being able to skate circles around rookies in the SMJHL is fun, he'd rather be trying to keep up with the SHL greats and feel like he's really started achieving his goals. Being drafted was step one, but Barracuda management keep telling him he's not quite ready, and Cloutier can't help but wonder what, exactly, he has to do to prove himself worthy of making the leap.

Task 5, #2.
It is entirely evident that the West Kendall Platoon's general manager team, JR95 and Wongy, had a total tactical advantage over the Calgary Dragons' general managers, Steelhead77 and c00kies. It's no surprise that the two teams, having both won cups in recent seasons, are in good hands, but WKP brought that extra edge this season, as evidenced by the fact that they won, so they had to have some sort of tactics on their side. That, or luck, I don't know, Simon is an asshole.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Quote:Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)

You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

The author of this idea has clearly never been to Delaware. There is very little to do around here but I'll give it a shot Tongue

Eric Vanderberg returned home to Wilmington Delaware and named a hometown hero. Eric met with the Mayor and the City Council who gave him a key to the city and proclaimed June 4th as "Eric Vanderberg Day" in the city of Wilmington. His family and friends were in attendance obviously as was the Governor and several locally prominent people. After the soiree in the city, Eric visited the Trinity Greek Festival and bought food for everyone in attendance and later visited Frawley Stadium to watch the hometown Carolina League Blue Rocks play an evening game against the Frederick Keys.

All in all, the day went amazingly. Even with little to do here in Delaware, the day is as fun as you can make it. Great food with great people and a key to the city? What else could you ask for?

Quote:Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Before I was drafted, I told every team that I wanted to spend at least 3 seasons in the J to hone my game so that when I came to them I was closer to a finished product rather than a project player. Ive had the chance to play with amazing players at my position such as Cass Darrow who is now my future teammate in Buffalo which has helped me improve my game dramatically. I think I am 100% ready to make the jump to the show but I am willing to earn my spot on the roster, I don't want it handed to me. I am excited for when I finally do make that jump to join a championship caliber team, but I was hoping to at least win one four star cup with Colorado. The team that gave me so much and believed in me the most, I wanted to bring a championship back in the worst way. 

I still do.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 07:39 AM by DanbyRem.)

Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE) [159 words]

My day as hometown hero was a bit awkward. After receiving an email saying that I was being honored I was thrown off a bit. Never have I been honored, especially for being a hockey player. If anything I am a deadbeat who's way to lazy to even attend team training camp. However I thought maybe, just maybe, the town just needed to honor someone for a tax write-off. I showed up yesterday around 1pm for the apparent schedule parade. There was no parade. So I went to the town office and questioned the mayor. He looked at me and said, "What parade? Honor you? You can barely score 5 goals a season. Why would we honor you?" I agreed with him because I mean he wasn't wrong. I then went to the airport and booked a same day flight back to California where I can then sit back on my couch and watch Friends for the 18th time.

TASK 13: (Casual, 3 TPE)
Done

Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE) [4 TPE]
2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
This is going to be a fantastic battle between two managers who definitely deserve to be where they are. JR and Wongy make a case that they might very well be the best GMs of the year after acquiring much needed talent at the deadline. However, Steelhead and Cookies have been to the finals numerous and they know what it takes to battle for the cup which is I believe they have the slight advantage in the tactical category.
[79 Words]

4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
This series comes down to goaltending. I decided to pick two players, one from each team. Both Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit will be the difference makers. The reason I chose these two is simple. They have been spectacular throughout the playoffs and now is their time to shine and make a case for MVP. I am sure whoever wins, the series will be decided by goaltending.
[67 Words]

No Surprise. Steelhead has proven time and time again, he is the real deal when it comes to GMing. Hands down ranking as the best Calgary GM of all time, his statistics alone put up a great argument that he is the greatest GM in league history. Steelhead wouldn't admit that though, as he is a very humble GM. That is why I am not surprised that Calgary made the playoffs just after 2 seasons.
[75 Words]

Mild Surprise. As a team who was entering a very harsh regression cycle for their players I first thought West Kendall would make the playoffs but would not be contenders. However with trade deadline deals improving the team significantly they soon became favorites. JR and Wongy have done a fantastic job with West Kendall and they will continue to do so onward.
[62 Words]

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 10:04 PM by raymond3000.)

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
This is a matchup of the best managed teams in the SHL. West Kendall has been by far the best team in the SHL in the S40s, and JR has been a huge part of that. In Calgary, Steelhead and C00kies are the longest-running duo in the league, and have led Calgary to consistent success. I'd have to give Calgary the edge in line-making, but West Kendall clearly has the better roster.

It's definitely a major surprise, especially considering the re-tooling going on in Calgary. However, Steelhead picked a perfect time to do it, as the Jets and Panthers are similarly rebuilding, the Pride are still struggling to gain consistency, and the playoffs expanded to include another team. This allowed Calgary to make the playoffs, but even then, they were probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the West, as the Blizzard and Specters were clearly superior teams.

Mild surprise that the Platoon are back in the finals especially because of their weak blueline. Their offense and goaltending were clearly elite, and the addition of Sophia Bennett only helped their already potent attack. Their defense is a bit suspect, but with the SHL's best goaltender, that's not too big a concern for the Platoon. Overall, on paper, they're still a top 2 team in the East, so it's not too surprising to see them in the finals.

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
This is a battle between two of the top goalies in the league. Biscuit, in my opinion, is indisputably the top keeper in the world, and has won multiple Challenge Cups and IIHF championships in recent seasons. On the other hand, Kata Vilde is a rising star in the league who has dragged Calgary into the playoffs. Their regular season stats are nearly identical, but Biscuit's play in the playoffs has been otherworldly, affirming that he's the best goaltender in this series.

The Renegades had a great chance to make the finals this season, but were ousted by the Dragons in the conference finals. This was a major disappointment, especially after having upset the New Orleans Specters in the previous round. The Renegades were a bit of an afterthought this season, playing second fiddle to the powerhouse Blizzard and Specters in the Western Conference, but the team was definitely talented enough to make a serious run for the cup. A large part of why the Renegades lost to the Dragons was their undisciplined play and their poor penalty killing. They gave up 19 powerplays in just five games, and let in five powerplay goals. The timing of those goals allowed were especially hurtful, such as game 1 were Andreas Kvalheim took a major penalty with two minutes left in the game while the Renegades were up one. Calgary scored on the ensuing powerplay, and then proceeded to win the game in OT.

Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

On their route to the Challenge Cup Finals, the Platoon had to go through the Chicago Syndicate and the Buffalo Stampede. The only player worth taking from the Syndicate would be Luke Atmey, but the Platoon already have a plethora of top forwards, and would be better served adding a defenseman to their team. Thankfully, the Stampede have four top defenseman on their blue line. Charles Walker, GOD McZerhl, Tatu Makela and Alexis Metzler would all be a top dman on the Platoon, adding another elite piece beside Ludwig Koch Schroder. Of these four, Walker and Metzler are the savvy veterans, and have plenty of playoff experience. Makela and McZerhl are younger, and while they had relatively poor regular seasons, have proved in the past they can play better, and add a physical element as well. If I had to pick one, I would take Makela as he has the highest peak of them all.

Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

SENT

Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

On their path to the Challenge Cup Finals, the Calgary Dragons faced both on and off ice adversity. The Dragons have been in a retooling phase lately, moving on from franchise legends such as Nicholas Pedersen, Esa Anrikanne, Alex Mack, and Michael Boychuk. These players formed the core of five Challenge Cup wins, and were irreplaceable players. However, Calgary has built up a solid core of young players who are trying to fill those lofty shoes. The Dragons missed the playoffs in S45, and barely made in in S46, but this season they finally cemented their place as a consistent playoff team. The playoffs went rather smoothly for the Dragons, not even trailing any series until the Cup Finals. However, off the ice, they were involved in some controversy regarding a supposed logo change. The team revealed a new logo, and then promptly scrapped it over public backlash and as new information came to light.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Task 1: Artemi Berezin always looks forward to heading home and being treated like a hero, and having his agent be the legendary Russian defender Roman Morenov, really make sit an even bigger deal back in Russia.
Berezin is having a year that Morenov could only dream about playing defence, and that has helped his status in Russia go through the roof. They spend most of the day ‘day’ drunk because, well, this is Russia, and if you aren’t drinking then you’re not really Russian are you?
Then the had a fun game of pick up with some of Russia’s Politian’s and celebrities including the President himself.
Berezin was given a key to his home town city, to which Morenov brought his own he had been given years earlier to rub it in.
To top it all off Berezin was given a nice and shiny, not very new, Lauda, to which he already owns 3, but what a collection of junkers now!

Task 5:
1. It seems like a lop sided match on paper with the power house Platoon facing off against the “rebuilding” Dragons, but it is anything but that. The Platoon come in heavy with offensive fire power, and that will be very hard for any team to stop, but the defending big hitting Dragons team are one team who can.
2. It’s easy to point to the huge trades that the Platoon have done and say that that is the obvious answer, but you should remember that the Dragons were rebuilding not to long ago, and yet always seem to be a team that can pull off a great season, so even though I will lean to the Platoon having the advantage, the Dragons management always seem to have a trick up their sleeve.
3. From Calgary the MVP would have to be Driftwood, I mean, 15 points in 15 games and 53 hits?! That’s not even human. The unsung hero has to be given to Kata Vilde, even though you can’t find any stats that really stand on their own, getting them this far is an achievement. From the Platoon the MVP has to be Bojo, who has back stopped them to win after win, and the unsung hero is Wong, not only can he put the puck in the back of the net, he also is a beast in the faceoff circle.
5. Mild Surprise, and that is only because of the pillars of this team in the front office. If anybody here thinks that the Dragons were going to be years before they would have been competitive again you’d be crazy. This team has been a rock solid team for years, and you can thank the people at the top for that.
7. No Surprise, because again, look what the front office did this season, major trades, that brought in huge pieces, then they went on a historic winning streak, won the conference and presidents trophy, and now have booked their ticket back in a Challenge Cup Finals again, and even with regression coming, you still have a few more years of a top tier team.
8. Every year is the same thing, the last two teams always have had the best goalies carry them, and even though Vilde has shown fantastic skill, I still give the nod to Biscuit and his powerhouse team the Platoon. He could almost get craved up like swiss cheese, and this team would still put up enough offence to bring a cup home.

Task 12: Every team faces adversity some time during the regular season, but it’s hard to say that either the Calgary Dragons or West Kendall Platoon really did.
Calgary placed 3rd in a tight Western Conference that they were only out of first by 7 points, while over in the East, the Platoon ran away with the Conference title and Presidents Trophy to go along with it.
Even though I might catch some flack for saying that the Platoon, I believe, faced more adversity, and it was because of the big trades that happened.
Even though both new players were brought in for one purpose, and during the regular season fulfilled that purpose, I believe that the expectations were threw the roof because of the players brought in, this team had to win and that was just it, if they lost it looked terrible on the team and the future of this team, that is why I believe they faced more adversity.

Task 13: PMed

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride