Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

Task Choice 1: Players will always outweigh GM's and Head Office staff, that's just the name of the game. (Factually incorrect, the name of the game is hockey but oh well) A players association being in the works in this league would be imperatively important for meeting the needs of the players and there are 3 users that stand out to me in regards to rallying us for salvation. First off is @goldenglutes. He worked previously in the front office of Kelowna, but now is but just a defenceman for the New England Wolfpack. He is a strong player and effective leader and even managed to revitalize the podcast game with his "Big Dick Guys Hour" podcast (which can be found here). Next up is @gordieboom a senior member, also playing for New England, this time as centre. He is heavily involved in the history of the league and would be a great addition to the association. Lastly, we have @Lunatyck, who is, you guessed it, another player on New England. With a name like Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz there is no place to go wrong.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

PBE PT Affiliation

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

When nominating players for taking the difficult task of going to war with the owners in a CBA negotiations I think it's important for us to have a balance of a calm mind, a player first type of personality, and an enforcer who can intimidate the meek and small owners and bend them to the players' association will. The first player I'd like to nominate would be Robert Phelps @DrunkenTeddy, as he is one of the most gentlemanly and outstanding players in the league. He'd bring the calm and experience to the negotiating table that the PA would need for a grueling process. Next, I would have Cameron Carter II @Boomcheck, as their is no player in the league more intent on getting more money for the players than him. He'd be stout in negotiations and would be the voice of the poor, needy players in the league. Finally, the players need the muscle and no one fits that billing more than Richard Physt @CptSquall. Physt would be the intimidation factor that the players need in the negotiating room break the owners' will and get the players the money they deserve.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

If I had to pick 3 members to be good ambassadors for the new players association in the simulation hockey league then I would have to pick

@ThatDamnWalrus

this one is obvious because not only is he on his way to making his second or third straight hall of fame shl player with jalopski on buffalo, he is also a very positive role model for new players entering our valuable and progressive league. I believe that 'ol gilly boy can provide rooks with a great sense of direction and inspiration to make their players and demands heard.

@Zombiewolf

this one is also very obvious because zombo is a very loyal player even when he is not a core one. I think he can teach rookies how to be humble despite their lack of talent (and inability to become core players like walker himself) and thus this would be good for the simulation hockey league players association.

finally I had to think very carefully about this third and final choice but..

@MikeIzzy

I definitely think that one time izzy told wbf to take addy to alter his mood was very funny and also very correct and I believe the shl players association needs a guy that is as chemically aware as 'ol michaelangelo izzington himself.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019, 01:03 AM by jason97.)

Code:
Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

I believe for that for a player's association to be successful, you have to have a range of members. By that I mean that a good balance of veterans and some younger players would make for some great ambassadors. This would be my three picks:

@fever95 - If we are looking for someone to lead the way, my pick would be Fever. From making hall of fame players to being GM, among other jobs , he's basically done it all. I believe that his experience and leadership would make one of the best candidates to lead the way for the SHLPA.

@StadiumGambler - Even though Nick Brain hasn't be on the site for very long, it only took me one season after sharing a locker room with him in Colorado to know that Nick would be an excellent addition to the SHLPA. His maturity and attitude for such a young member is extremely valuable and I think he would fit in perfectly.

@Bonk - I think that having a member who is as respected as Bonk is would be an amazing ambassador for the SHLPA. Also being apart of the Slappy Hour podcast is a big plus when it comes to talking about certain events or league wide issues that arise.

Code:
204 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019, 06:50 AM by O4L.)

I think a players union would need to look at what is broken with both leagues. The SMJHL, for instance, has scoring problems that could easily be fixed but haven't been addressed and it's to the detriment of every active member in that league, nothing says fun to a new member like scoring 7 points on the 3rd line in a dead puck league, amirite? I'd also want the players union to look at the amount of time it actually takes as a member of the site to become a decent SHL player from the time they sign up to the site as I believe it takes way too long due to TPE inflation, something really should've been done about this ages ago and the lack of upward progression on this site once you hit the 350 TPE cap, has caused countless members to get bored and go inactive. It's interesting how the league used to be run much more casually but in some ways, the league was a lot better run as player enjoyment was made a much bigger priority than it is now, if something was greatly affecting activity or player enjoyment a change would get made but now those changes rarely get made due to being "too radical" a change for the site even though that never used to matter. I've seen so many silly rules be put in place on this site in the last few seasons while ideas that could actually improve the site have been ignored. Finally, I'd want the return of player agencies to the league (LKA4life), they allowed a bridge between the GM and the players and made for an extremely interesting/fun part of the site for the players.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019, 08:56 AM by TheFlash.)

Task 2

The first thing I’d ask for at the bargaining table would be higher penalties for regression of stats. Maybe this seems anti player, but in reality, it’s pro-new player and SMJHL players. I believe that having the regression as minimal as it is allows for too long of careers for players and thus creates an environment where players are stuck playing behind guys who already have a lot of seasons played. There’s no shame in playing a long career, but it should be made harder to do as a way to allow newer players to climb the ranks a bit quicker.

The second thing I’d ask for would relate to the first. It would be a cap on how long your career can be. If the head office didn’t like my regression idea, how about a cap on career length. 10 seasons? 12? I think both are more than fair and give a player nearly a year of real time with one player. I believe this would be controversial as many are concerned with old records and such, but a new era could be created. It’s best for keeping things fresh and new players interested.

Task Choice: 2

Alright so there are a lot of things that the players need and that need to be demanded at the negotiating table. First of all, why the heck am I paying to train as a professional athlete? What is that all about? To be totally honest, the same goes for buying equipment. As a professional athlete all of these things should just be covered for me. Let's all be honest, we're all really fucking important and don't have time to deal with trivial matters such as these. The league or teams need to cover the costs, or fuck it, let's just make it free for everyone. Total anarchy is what we need. TPE needs to run freely like the waters of the Nile. The next thing on my agenda would be to get decent in flight entertainment on all SHL affiliated airlines. In 2019 it's ridiculous that I have to watch movies from 2018. Anyway, there are a lot of changes to be made and they are not all going to get solved now... baby steps.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

The players are being mistreated in this league and it is due to the shadow organization that I have been researching for the past years. This shadow organization has led to many backroom deals and a complete lack of parity and fairness to the league. While HO may feel they’re acting of their own accord, 9it is clear that their decisions and thoughts are being controlled by this sinister organization.
With that, the first thing I would demand is tin foil hats for each player in the league. That way we can be sure that the shadow organization isn’t controlling our thoughts. We will also need to modify our helmets to be sure there’s a layer of tinfoil inside to make it so they cannot get into our heads to rig the game.
The second demand is that HO would need to completely remove themselves from technology. By ridding themselves of phones, computers, pagers, etc we can be sure that their communication isn’t being as closely monitored and that they are able to speak freely. With this, we would also require trustworthy members of the league who understand the problems that this shadow organization pose to be present at all meetings.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

In hiring someone for the SHL players association, I'm going to be looking for someone who is going to argue on behalf of the players. And if there's one guy here that loves to argue, it's @Fordyford. He would be one of my top choices for a players association because he believes in the power of a union and I know he'll never go down without putting up a fight. I'll also suggest @PenKnight. He will bring radical ideas to the table and will stand strong as a man of the people, a vocal leader of the revolution, as evidenced by his strike last season. Third, I will suggest @esilverm because i like him and he is good at doing various types of shit, as evidenced by idk something i'm sure. I will lastly be suggesting @Bongo to be the little bitch boy intern who can run and get coffee for the rest of the team. 

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

1 - @Mike Izzy – As he will soon be entering retirement from the PT team, you will be hard pressed to find a more active or passionate user than “Coach Izzy.” His work would carry a lot of weight and add credibility to an SHLPA.

2 - @ToeDragon84 – Arguably the GOAT of his generation, his on-ice play would also bring immeasurable respect to the SHLPA. Furthermore, his inconceivable level of success while being an outspoken advocate of staying high at all times would add credence to a push by the Players’ Association to relax drug testing regulations.

3 - @Boomcheck – Yes, we laugh every time he asks for 10 million for 10 seasons, because Boom is only a legend in his own mind. But who else will push for players to get the largest possible contracts they can muster? Who else will lobby for players to take more than the league minimum? Clearly this guy doesn’t mind ruffling those feathers, and it could be a huge benefit to the players’ association to have Boom fighting in their corner.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I think @StamkosFan would make a great ambassador to the SHL players association.  He seems to know a ton about what is happening around the league and as the PGS head, he gets a lot of exposure to helping new players.  I think the people that have been around forever bring a good long term perspective, but I'd look for an ambassador who knows about the experience of the new players.

I think @DrunkenTeddy would make a great ambassador to the SHL players association to also represent the dev community in making technical improvements to the site.  DT seems to have his finger on the pulse of various innovations being developed and could bring those to the negotiating tables.

I think @aaronwilson could make a good ambassador, although I don't know him very well.  He's made a big splash with all of his advanced stats and having him at the table could help to integrate those into the core SHL experience.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page