Create Account

Wolfpack GM Guarantees Playoffs & Talks Late Season Trades

The New England Wolfpack find themselves on the outside of the playoff structure looking in with only four games remaining in the season. They’re in a three way tie with 52 points on the season, deadlocked with the Toronto North Stars and the Hamilton Steelhawks. New England loaded up prior to the deadline, adding star players Ensio Kalju and Anders Christiansen. They believed these two deals would put them in the discussion for not just this season for making the playoffs, but for the next two seasons after as well with those two players. Wolfpack General Manager Erik Chisling spoke with the local sports radio station in Boston, 98.5 The Sports Hub this morning about where the club is at. 

[Image: George-McPhee-692229212-575x355.jpg]
Chisling manning the phones during his trade negotiations with Toronto. 

“Erik, your club spent a considerable amount of assets on players that are in their prime now. With a core as young as you have, what was the thought there?”

“Yeah, we made some big moves to bring players in that can contribute today. It’s important to note that these aren’t rentals however. We recognize there’s an opportunity to make the playoffs this year, and who knows what can happen if we get in. We’re not at the point as a franchise that investing in rentals makes sense for us. Our core is too young, our window is too large to sacrifice any of that at an attempt to go all in for one season. Anders and Ensio are guys that are able to play at an extremely high level for the next few seasons. Their skillset allow our younger players to continue to play with a competitive team, but continue to develop in a role that’s more conducive to on ice success.”

“So you don’t believe the Wolfpack have a chance at the Challenge Cup?”

“I never said that. I simply stated that we’re not at a point where we can justify mortgaging future assets that we project a big role with our team for players that are riding off into the sunset of retirement of have their eyes set on a big free agency payday. Who knows what happens when we get in. We could very well go on a run and make something magical happen.”

“Erik, you just said WHEN you get in. The Wolfpack are on the outside looking in, even after some stellar play from your newly acquired players to supplement your roster. Wouldn’t you say there’s some risk here of missing, especially with Toronto and Hamilton holding the tiebreaker against your team with four games to go? Hell, Hamilton has five games to go.”

“I said when for a reason. I have all the confidence in the world that these guys are ready to get it done and make it into the Wild Card series. I’m excited to see what we’re able to do with the remainder of the season in front of us.”

“Just to spell it out that much clearer, are you guaranteeing a playoff berth? You’re pulling a Mark Messier?”

“Yes, the Wolfpack will be playing hockey longer than we were last season.”

“Wow, that’s some ballsy stuff. So anyways, you dealt away two first round picks, two prospects and a couple of players that were retiring. Why sell those prospects if you’re such a young team?”

“It wasn’t easy sending Joseph and Zach to Toronto, and now those guys are on a roster that’s directly competing with us. It’s no secret that we’ve got a tremendously active and promising young core up front. Those two weren’t going to find themselves leapfrogging Manuel Gotze, Herb Robert, Rafe Ulrich, Dick Clapper, Gordie Boomhover on the depth chart. It’s not fair to them to bury them on the 3rd or 4th line if they’ll have an opportunity to have a better career or make more money for their future on another franchise. This move gives them a bigger opportunity to succeed, and it allows us to keep our best players on the ice longer, hopefully giving us a better chance at results on the ice.”

“Thanks Erik. Hey, tell the guys that you guaranteed they’ll make the playoffs. That won’t make them nervous at all or anything. Thanks for jumping on the call with us and chatting Wolfpack hockey. Things are getting exciting again here in Boston! The worst is over!”

“No problem, thanks for having me on. I can’t guarantee to have such a provocative voice bit for every interview though.”

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Wolfpack

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

You bastards better make the Playoffs this year of I am gonna cry!
Expect another Pee Tree Video if you miss out yet again!

Gotta start bringing games past regulation

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-08-2019, 04:25 PMSlashACM Wrote: Gotta start bringing games past regulation
Kek

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-08-2019, 04:24 PMPenKnight Wrote: You bastards better make the Playoffs this year of I am gonna cry!
Expect another Pee Tree Video if you miss out yet again!

my body is ready

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Jokes on you, Chisling promised Chiclets this before he signed.