Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S48)

Who needs to step up for there team to win?

I think that for Edmonton Teddy Cuddles and Tor Tuck and Tony Pepperoni need to really stand up for them to win. Not only do all their first names start with Ts, but they are also considered their best players from the season, and with depth scoring being necessary for success they have to work hard to win.

How do you see either series playing out?

I reckon Edmonton will go through to the next round, Blizzard is bit of a mystery team - some days they look like nothing is able to stop them, but then they could slip into nasty losing streak. Since the playoffs is whole new season almost like, Edmonton will pull it together and take the wins!

Over in the Buffalo vs Toronto series, Buffalo is a strong team with veteran deadline additions Tanner and Garret, I´m expecting those two guys push Buffalo through to the next round.

Code:

In my opinion the Edmonton Blizzard and Buffalo Stampede will win the series After 6 games. But all games will be very tight. Top Scorer for Edmonton will be Teddy Cuddles and for Buffalo will it be Louie Garrett.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

The Toronto North Stars have a strong core of players, young and veteran, that have underperformed this season so far. They have a strong possession factor and can easily skyrocket themselves into the finals. Maybe the regular season didn't show it, but my money is on them to go all the way!

Code:
What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

For me, the player that is going to keep not only GM's up at night, but the entire league, is none other than Mikhail Lokitonov. Not only does he have the most points out of any player on the 4 teams in the wild card games, he is also tied for the most hits. Talk about someone who can change a series single-handedly and Lokitonov is that man. A real force to be reckoned with on both the offensive and defensive side of the game. Expect GM's to have a game plan focused on Mikhail, if you can even have one.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

> Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Against Tampa Bay... not really. In terms of goal scoring and outright point production, Tampa Bay could easily take on either team. Special teams are relatively low for all parties involved as well. Buffalo does take a lot of shots, but are mediocre in producing the needed points.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Quote:You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

As the afternoon slowly passed, Omelette Robotnik was, as always, working furiously on the computer while Yoshimitsu McCloud, the only one of the McClouds at the apartment at the time, was busy making some fruit salad for the two... using one of his prized swords to cut the fruits in small slices.

"Hey, Yoshi, did you check your email?" She asked, her eyes fixed on the screen. Yoshimitsu shrugged, despite not knowing she couldn't see him. "Not... really, no. I'm not very good with that computer thing, you know." The self-proclaimed genius shook her head, chuckling. "Well, I checked for you! You got two tickets for a Toronto North Stars - Buffalo Stampede game from... the Nocturnal Emissions Podcast Show?" His voice seemed to show that he was caught by surprise but could recall what she was talking about as he replied with "Ah, yeah. I remember that I asked about the origins of Outlungus. Guess I got the prize for the best question then!"

She took a quizzing look at the screen, blinking for a second. "It also says here you're getting a Hippo Passamus jersey from the Stampede! Do you... you know, remember that guy?" Yoshimitsu approached her, nodding as he looked at the screen, lowering himself at her side. "I remember him from the Friendly Cup 2... short, pudgy... monstrous." Omelette looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "You don't like him?" He shook his head, chuckling.  "Hardly, he's pretty swell. Just... not exactly the easiest person to play a game against, I guess. The jersey would be pretty nice but..."

"But...?" He shrugged, looking at the ceiling for a bit before looking at her. "You don't think we can put those game tickets and the jersey up for auction? Then we can give the money to the Outlungus Foundation or something. The kids there certainly need all the help they can get." She blushed, looking at him unsure of what to say. She sighed, nodding, going back to the computer. "...w-w-whatever you say, Yoshi."

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

I'm going to Buffalo so that I can embrace my inner Buffabro since they drafted me. This will now be my way of experiencing a home Stampede game after they traded me. I'm sporting a Hippo Passamus jersey because that guy just rocks.

Code:
You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

HOLY COW I WON SOMETHING. SOMEONE CALL MY MOMMA. IM GOING WITH GO WITH A 'KARL BUT NOT KARL BUT REALLY KARL JERSEY'. You know how much they charge? By the letter, so ya this ones going on the radio stations dime.

@karlssens

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Well the series is over now with BUF sweeping TOR, but i expected them to win in 5 or 6, pretty comfortably but with TOR stealing a game, clearly it was easier than that. As for the other series I expected it to be closer than the other one but still with CGY winning in 6, so far they're up 3-1

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

It's hard to imagine that Toronto's general managers aren't scared of the impact that Alexis Metzler could bring to the table. He's averaged 37 points a season through his entire career, but has been a little cold this year. It's reasonable to expect him to roll up and try to make up for failed assists while he has the opportunity.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Tommy Tuck really needs to step up for the Edmonton Blizzard. When TOmmy TUck is playing at the top of hid game, he is basically unbeatable and the Blizzard absolutely cannot lose.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

You've got to think that Chico Smeb is keeping up Edmonton's GM's at night. That is one ugly motherfucker. Word on the street is that Keygan has been having intense nightmares and sought OTC meds in order to try to get a decent night of sleep. Sources say that Chico currently looks like a brussel sprout that was put into a wood chipper and painted with the finishing coat used on his GM's last back porch. I don't blame Keygan, I wouldn't be able to sleep either if I had to see that face for a minimum of 4 games. Best wishes to all of Edmonton.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Code:

WBF is shaking in his boots thinking about Toronto's star defenseman, Bob Bergen. Any defenseman who is crazy enough to train his faceoff skills until he's a bona fide center is likely to pull off all sorts of unorthodox moves and tactics that Buffalo is not prepared for.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

07-12-2019, 01:47 PMAce Wrote:
Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Yeah, Buffalo, because the Stampede are straight up better than Tampa all across the ice. Tampa's best defenseman is barely above 1000 TPE. It's ridiculous they've had the season they have. Just a weird, weird year.

Test simming and donating some extra change to Simon T is the secret Cool

[Image: 3.png]