Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

the Winnipeg Jets are proud to announce there affiliate team has been named. We will be resuming our relationship with the Colorado Raptors. The team will stay in the same location, however they will now get all the training benefits that the Jets also get. For example, the trainer room that was locked up upon my call up will be re opened. The H.T.T. will be deployed in this room. no further details about the H.T.T. can be released.

However, we can say that we will have a kick ass candy vendor stocking the locker room, with all the sugary sweet sugar free gum you can chew. Also, the maple syrup taps will be restocked after we get all the bees out of the lines.

lastly, we will finally be able to have paid doctors, so injured players will no longer be taken to the CVS minute Clinic for evaluation.

enjoy!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 01:46 PM by Troy_McClure03.)

I'm dumb delete please

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

PBE PT 13-1

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

If I were creating a minor league affiliate for Tampa Bay, I would place it in Pensacola and name it the Pensacola Racers. People who know what I do “in real life” (cover short track racing) may or may not know that the biggest event I cover each year is in Pensacola.

The event is basically the “crown jewel” for asphalt short track racing, and has been going on for more than 50 years. Even names “not-racing-fans” have likely heard of, such as Darrell Waltrip, Kyle Busch and Chase Elliott have won the race.

Who would coach the team? It would probably be a hard sell after some time away, but I’d love to see @Jenny back in a role coaching in a developmental team. It’s been a while, but her work with @ej27 had Kelowna as the unstoppable force in the SMJHL for a while, and produced several top-notch SHL players and users. I’m not sure how many cookies it would take to get her to put pen to paper, but I’m willing to make them.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

[Image: U3pHlml.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

The team will be based in Moline, Illinois. Why the hell would you base a hockey team out of Moline, Illinois you might ask? Well, it's where the unofficial head sponsor of the Buffalo Stampede has their headquarters; John Deere. They would naturally adopt the same color scheme as the Stampede for fairly obvious reasons. Home stadium would be the already in place TaxSlayer Center, so we got that going for us. Continuing on with the theme the team would either be the Moline Tractors or the Moline Farmhands, I can't quite decide just yet and I think I might just leave that up to the person I'll hand the reigns over to. That person would be none other than @TnlAstatine. The only reasoning behind this choice is that since his player isn't working out too well, I figured I'd give him a shot at succeeding at something else. We're counting on you, Luffy!

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

With the potential affiliate idea coming up to life, my suggestion for the Pride would be to get a team in Chicoutimi, Québec. Being my hometown, I know the good aspects of developing players there: First, you get to be a local legend but where the population is so small it doesn't really affect your train of life. For exemple, if you are a hockey god in Montreal you get stopped from what you were doing all the time. In chicoutimi, you get recognised but there is so few people it doesn't really make a dent in your free time. Second point: you ge tto focus on what matters; hockey. Some NHL players, such as Guy Carboneau, Mario Tremblay, Marc Denis and Pierre-Marc BOuchard have roots in Chicoutimi and are involved with the junior team and would have interest in a SHL affiliate.

The name of the team would be the Chicoutimi Blueberries, honoring the region and the nickname it's citizens have. The players could learn to speak French which is a great asset when trying to impress a potential mating partner. Add to that our Saguenay accent and it's a sure win. I know people will say Chicoutimi is too far from San Fransisco but hey, what better motivation to get out of this hole (I mean that with respect) that if you do well you end up in the hot weather of California.

My 2nd suggestion would be in Finland so we can make hockey metal and brutal but I will keep this meme for another time.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Task #1

I think that being in New York, a lower league affiliate would easily find its fans within the city itself but I still wanted to give the team to a neighbour of theirs - New Jersey. Being pretty close works out nicely for emergency call-ups, yet it's far enough from the main team to maybe find people that wouldn't make the drive to watch some hockey all the way to Manhattan, but would do so in New Jersey. For the team to keep the theme of Manhattan Rage, there is either an option to call it something like New Jersey Anger (not a good idea), or maybe call it something along the lines of seven deadly sins, for example the New Jersey Wrath (which I like a lot more). Clearly the person managing this would either be our co-GM, or probably someone elected by the leadership, which can be pretty much anyone besides Gecko.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

So location is a big thing that determines so much about the team and its branding and so much more. So when choosing the location for the Toronto affiliate I really personally had only a few options in mind, those being Wood Buffalo, Annapolis, and San Diego. Now obliviously, two of these teams are in the USA and the North Stars are based out of Canada which kind of messes with passports and transportation issues, but I still like them as underrated sports cities and could be a great choice for a minor league team. Ultimately I've decided on Wood Buffalo in Alberta, Canada and the branding will be the Wood Buffalo Wood Buffaloes. I know just an incredible branding for a minor league team and would be a nice forest green and bark brown buffalo as the logo. I would name myself head of player annoyance and under development.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Mississauga Nour Harraks. Mississauga to my knowledge is near Hamilton Ontario so having ur farm team right beside your professional team would be an asset as it would cause easy callups and send downs and stuff like that in case of injuries. Why we are calling our farm team the nour harrak well because nour harrak is the perfect steelhawk and is someone that I hope all rookies that are drafted into the shl for Hamilton take their games after. We are a great team with a great discord and nour is one of the biggest reasons for that. If we have 20 people that are nour harraks, we would be a great simulation hockey team league and would take over the league forever moving forward as we would be one of the most likeable and one of the most taltented rosters in the league. I know nour harrak wasn't an amazing player but he was solid and was a team player.

Minor league affiliate- Little Rock Rockets

This name is pretty funny to me and I think an Arkansas team would be a cool affiliate to a New Orleans team. It would be space themed with a rocket ship logo and black, orange, and yellow colors. It would be a place for newly drafted players to continue building themselves and learn the ins and outs of being a pro hockey player. People might think that hockey in this sort of location won't work, but with all the Specters fans in the area it would be a good place to see cheaper hockey and follow your favorite young stars.

I think the natural choices to manage this team would be @Serpe x 13 and I. We would tear it up by telling all our players to backskate into the zone, do a couple of spinoramas until you are at the side of the net, and clap it for that cheese no angle goal. Instant cup win

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

[Image: gKaYjvQ.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

So our affiliate team would be called the Texas Outlaws. This would include the Anaheim team to be disbanded, but that really shouldn't be an issue to be completely honest. One of our current players used to be the GM of Anaheim so I think the relocation & disbandment of the current Outlaw team should be fine. We believe being a Renegade is simply a more mature & badass version of being an outlaw, so hence that's why they're the JUNIOR affiliate team. Also we would have them play in Houston, just a hop skip & a jump away from Dallas... where the Renegades play. This would allow for easier travel for players jumping back and forth. @Jearim would manage the affiliate team because dan does all of the heavy lifting for the major league team anyway, so he could be of some use taking care of all the kids.

Words: 150

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Buffalo's affiliate will play in the beautiful town of Rochester in the same state as the main SHL team and fairly close to each other. The team will be managed by the people in the Buffalo management group that aren't that known to the general public who are: @Avakael @Mayuu and @karey these 3 people will be able to lead that affiliate team to greatness as the Stampede will always have good prospects in the system at all times which would ensure with a good quality roster for the Rochester affiliate. All 3 people know what it takes to run a junior franchise as everyone of them was once part of the Detroit Falcons management team or even still is to this day. Mayuu would be the primary coach for that franchise while Karey and Avakael's main area would be the ensure a great locker room connection for everyone. Player like Nicolaj Muller as well as Satoshi Zizagooney would be the leader on and off the ice for that team with freshly drafted S49 player Denver Wolfe the future of that Rochester team.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

On the current roster of the Minnesota Chiefs, you can find one man who we all know is over due to get another shot at leading a team. I'm obviously talking about @Chris-McZehrl who could tell you exactly how long he's been waiting for such an opportunity. 
Since we're in a fictional world, I'd base this affiliate league in Europe and players getting called up or sent down are beamed across the Atlantic to reach their new team. But where to put the farm team of the Minnesota Chiefs franchise? Making a connection through the branding is going to be hard, because of the acute lack of Native Americans in Europe. So I'd base the location of this new team on geography. From what I hear, Minnesota is a state that other Americans don't really want to visit because it's cold and just not very interesting. So fitting to the new GM, I'd put this team in East Germany into the town of Dresden. And to aknowledge the history of Dresden's sports teams while still americanizing the team, its name will be the Dresden Dynamite.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath