Create Account

Post Draft Interview with Jakub Bruchevski

2x Draft Week Bonus

Hello everyone, my name Eva Winters and thank you for tuning into another episode of Hockey Today. It’s been a very busy week in the SHL with both the SHL draft and SMJHL drafts happening both this week. Not only was there two drafts but multiple trades that will effect both leagues for seasons to come. We here at Hockey Today would like to wish all of the new draft picks of both leagues good luck and we expect to hear more from all of you during your careers here. Speaking of one of the players we were are so high on is newly drafted New England Wolfpack Center Jakub Bruchevski who we have right here in studio today. “Jakub how are you doing today”?

JB: “I’m doing amazing Eva thanks for having me.”

EW: “So first off you picked with the first pick in the second round, were you happy with where you were picked?”

JB: “Honestly Eva I didn’t care where I was picked, as long as I got picked by a team I would fit in well.”

EW: “Do you feel like you’ve found that with New England?”

JB: “Definitely I talked to their Co-GM a bunch before the draft, they seemed very high on me and I was really hoping to be picked by them, and now that I’ve gotten to meet all the players in the locker room I can say I couldn’t be happier with the team I’m on”

EW: “What do you think about the New England Wolfpack as a team?”

JB: “Well obviously they’ve got two great GMs, @Ace and @hotdog who have an eye for talent, and they aren’t afraid to spend picks to add players if they think it will make the team better. They have incredible talented forwards that you don’t want to get into an offensive shootout with, and defensemen that will prevent that shootout from happening. They are a lot better than their record indicates, and I would be really surprised to see them out of the playoffs this year. On top of all that they gave a really nice prospect pool that’s really coming along.”

EW: “New England picked two other players after you, what are your thoughts about your new rookie teammates?”

JB: “We got some major talent from the draft considering we didn’t have a second-round pick. Delver Fudgeson @Massive Coiler is an absolute steal, he had the best offensive numbers for a rookie defenseman, combine that with his ability to block shots and you have a recipe for a great two-way defenseman. Jukka Jokinen @jtp was the other pick and he’s a big power forward time winger that every successful team needs.

EW: “Considering you missed the SMJHL draft, how was your first draft experience?”

JB: “IT WAS INCREDIBLE! It went by so fast, luckily I had some time after landing in the airport to meet up and hangout with my fellow Scarecrow rookie Noah Brusky @BrewskyBoy , and a little later my Russian comrade Khabib Nurmagomedov @khabib . I got to sit in the green room during the draft and got to see everyone go crazy when they finally got the call, I think I almost knocked over the table when I got the call from Co-GM. After the draft me and my friends and family all went out for a nice dinner, and I won’t lie there was a little bit of an after party as well.”

EW: “Has the GM’s for New England given you a timetable as to when you might be joining the big team roster.”

JB: “After looking at their roster I realized it would probably be awhile before I get my chance in the SHL, and that’s what they told me as well. I will probably be spending around four more seasons with St. Louis, but that’s 100% fine by me, I love my teammates there as well as the fans.”

EW: “Speaking of the Scarecrows what are your thoughts about the state of the team and the upcoming season?”

JB: “It’s going to be really interesting; we lost our staring RW and Goalie. Plus, we traded away our second line Center, and a first line Defenseman, but I don’t think management wouldn’t do that without have faith in their roster, and drafting skills. It just means that the second-year guys and the rookies really have a chance to shine. For the season as a whole I think we’ll be right up there again. We return arguable two of the best players in the league along some of the best defensemen in the SMJHL.”  

EW: “Well we are almost out of time, is there anything you would like to say to the teams that past on you?”

JB: “As a matter of fact there is, to the teams that passed on me you better hope I never make it to the SHL because I’m going to fill your nets up with pucks.”

EW: “Wow, and with that we are all out of time. Stay tuned to Hockey Today as we cover training camp reports, and the preseason as we get set for another excited year of SHL, and SMJHL hockey. Signing off I’m Eva Winters, until next time.”

(Word Count 898)

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 08:17 PM by diacope.)

Nice job getting noticed and picked so high, good luck next season buddy!

Russia

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

great stuff, excited to have you! can't wait to see what Bruchevski can do in the black and green  Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Thanks for the mention. Good read. Russia

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]