Create Account

S49 PT #2 - Before the Fame

Noah Gallagher visited schools in the Winnipeg, Manitoba area to speak about jobs that he had before becoming a famous professional hockey player in the SHL. Noah spoke to the students about being a janitor back in his hometown of Chicago, Illinois in schools just like the ones he was speaking in. The janitor job taught Gallagher patience as well as hard work and pride of a job well done, all of which are things that he has taken with him into his hockey career. Noah Gallagher has a high work ethic and is a blue collar player on the ice, things that you cannot teach and hard work beats skill 100% of the time, making the success that you are able to achieve that much sweeter. Dealing with the public in this job also helped Gallagher in his hockey career, where interviews from the local and national media are requested on a daily basis.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

[Image: rttCOsP.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Mikhail was always into sports from an early age and was considered by many to be one of the best youth athletes in Vienna. In his early years, he was obsessed with football (soccer) and managed to make Austia Wien youth teams. He met his level there and spent a few years toiling away trying to break through before his family moved to Chicago in his developing years where he picked up hockey and fell in love with the game. He spent hours watching the SHL, years before the Chicago Syndicate were formed, and wanted to be like his idols in Kristian Eriksson (who he had the opportunity play with in his first few years in the SHL) and Lord Pretty Flacko in his prime years. After a year or so, his family returned to Austria where he joined the Vienna Capitals youth teams and started to rise up the ranks, where he ended up playing two years ahead of his own age group at 15 years old. Eventually he ended up getting seen by the SHL and made the move back to North America and the rest is history.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Before playing in the SMJHL, I was a professional dog/baby sitter. I know, I know, I'm sure you all think that's something simple, but I attest all my recognition and natural instinct to survey the ice from intently watching everyone's movement. You'd be surprised to see what these little ones have in mind with their new-fangled gadgets, and some dogs just don't know where to take a dookie. It's definitely a job I look back at now and say, "well, it's good that I did this", cause of the direct influence on the ice, you can make a quick buck + have the freedom of choosing when you wanna work, and whenever I see @sköldpaddor's dog, Maxim, I don't have to panic it's just Maxim and I for a brief moment (although I will admit, he's a well-behaved doggo).

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

Hiro Fujikawa reps the Los Angeles Panthers jersey loud and proud and when he's not on the ice trying to do big things, he's off the ice trying to do the exact same. Fujikawa was born in Japan, but since coming a part of the USA - more specifically, LA + California etc, he's largely wanted to leave a good impact on the communities and surrounding areas. However, when he was younger, it was the complete opposite. He was great at hockey and always had that promising future, but despite this, he always was in trouble with the laws. His biggest, most known crime, would likely deceive most who read about it. He was a Smurph catcher in the magical forests of California. The big ole Redwood's create a mystical, magical power that creeps among them. He was employed by a crazy old man named Gargamel, that allegedly has seen numerous of these smurphs and is fairly horny to catch one of them. Eventually, after time, they did. They caught a lot of them and once the news got out, people started fighting for "Smurph" rights. Before you knew it, they had more rights then women. This one time, A smurph won the ladies World Tennis tournament and was paid equally to the mens winner. 2nd place, also a normal human, received 50% that the 2nd place male won.

Any who, yeah. They caught lots. They did lots with em. Sold em, mashed em into pies and burnt, crisped and dried them and sold them as the latest drugs on the street, "blues". The American Coast guards cut off a shipment of Smurph drugs and they spent 33 hours in a jail before they were cleared of all charges (the police of chief was hooked on the shit).

The end.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Atlas Rush's father was Cooper meaning he assembles barrels to age and store whisk(e)y in. He really developed a love for a good whisk(e)y at a young age. He was however responsible when it came to teaching Atlas about Alcohol as he was too young to legally drink it. Because of his love for whisk(e)y Atlas got into restaurants at a very young age and worked his way up from Busser to Server to Bartender to owning his very own bar. He didn't get that for doing nothing though kids. He had to put in a lot of hard work and dedication to make his dreams come true. Now he is the Captain of the Halifax Raiders and Restauranteur not because he needs to make money but because he loves cocktails and the industry. Basically what Atlas is trying to get across is find your passions and run with it. Don't let anything get in your way of achieving your goals. You can do anything and everything you set your mind to.

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Even before reaching the SHL, Ola Wagstrom was enamored with the hockey world and wanted to be involved with it in any way possible. He was able to land a job working as an equipment manager for the local SHL (Swedish Hockey league) team, the Malmö Redhawks. He loved it in spite of the long hours; he got to be close to the ice and witness his childhood heroes in action from the a rink-side vantage point. It was barely a job, it was more like getting paid to go watch hockey games. He learned a lot about what to expect on a game day if he became a player, and to this day, it is the reason he is quite respectful to the team’s staff and coaches. It taught him that a lot of people put in work behind the scenes to make sure that the players are able to hit the ice and not to take the minor personnel for granted.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Before the SHL, Slap McShotty had several jobs. The first was in high school as a human punching bag. He was allowed on the school hockey team to help relieve stress of the top liners by padding up as a goalie and taking a beating. This worked too well, as they were very enthusiastic about beating Slap, thus tiring themselves out so much that their play suffered. Then, he got a job as a human abacus. He used both his arms, raising them and lowering them to keep count. He wasn't very useful as he could only store 2 binary digits, so he wasn't used often. However, when people needed to add or subtract numbers where none of the numbers involved are greater than 3, he was the man. Both these jobs helped Slap with the physical side of his game, allowing him to take beatings like a champ and to stiff-arm like a human arm abacus.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Hockey is all Cameron Carter II has ever known, son of former SHL forward and first round pick Brooklyn Carter. Though CC2 wasn't born while Brooks was in the league no. It was when his father had a coaching job over in Quebec for a different league during a road trip to Nova Scotia. Ever since then all CC2 has done is focus on hockey, honing his craft and trying to make a lot of money. He would often go around selling key chains or items to fellow students at school. He then worked with his father in Texas as a youth for the Texas Junior Renegades U17 'assistant coach'. Though all he did was follow his father around and absorb information like a sponge. CC2 is no alien and has a straight forward upbringing. He moved around a lot with his father from Manhattan to Quebec, to Halifax, to Texas, to Los Angeles where he became a stand out player for the Los Angeles Junior Panthers. It has all come full circles as his father is now a player development coach for the Chicago Junior Syndicate, following CC2 around.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 10:38 PM by GoonerBear.)

Hockey equipment doesn't come for cheap in the Highlands of Inverness, Scotland. That stuff has to come imported from Scandinavia by way of London. From the time he first gained interest in the game, Reginald MacIntyre would take on gigs and part-time jobs, such as mowing lawns, walking dogs, grocery store retail, youth sports reffing, and delivering various items for several different businesses. His parents had modest work of their own, though his father was adamant to tell Reginald to not work together. "Family and work ought to stay separate. When the two get linked, ill will in one relationship in one poisons both." His last couple of years saw him more consistently in a sporting goods store selling gear for more popular games in Scotland like soccer and shinty. Though still fond of both and though he returns to see both at home from time to time, hockey stuck as his greatest love. Dealing with customer's crap, dogs' crap, some random crap on the street...this made it all the worthwhile to continue to fuel his dream until he could make it his work.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

I spent a good amount of time in high school as a rink rat at the rink I played at. I learned how to sharpen skates, zamboni the ice (don't tell anyone though because I was only 14), and clean up the ungodly amounts of shit that kids would throw both on and off the ice. My favorite thing was the hockey camps though. Very regularly I'd help out or sometimes even get paid to be one of the shooters or instructors at the Heartland Hockey Camp for youngsters, and being able to impart some of my admittedly limited wisdom at the time was special. To this day I run in to kids that I worked with over the years and seeing how far they've come both in hockey and in life is definitely a one of a kind feeling. I still remember a little guy named Frankie, had to be 7 or 8 years old, he bar downed one of our instructor goalies that was playing college hockey at the time. That kid will go down in Heartland history.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Before becoming a stud SHL player, Viktor Marius worked at the local animal shelter taking care of sick pets. Although no training was offered, Marius found himself very adept at ensuring the well being of the animals. Interestingly, these pets were all one animal, the Falcon. The Falcons were known to skree everywhere all day long, especially @Waters and @TheWoZy who were the worst of the Falcons skreeing. Marius learned a lot about the value of being patient and persistent as well as grew in his compassion and care. Unfortunately, most of the Falcons died tragic deaths due to adoption to families in Hamilton and Toronto that are known to kill all the young Falcons. Viktor Marius has since opened a new falcon home in Buffalo for young Falcons and has led to success and happiness for all falcons that find their home there.

Young kids have noticed the work that Marius has done and he encourages all kids to take care of their animals, especially their falcons. Too bad Whales and Raptors aren't worthy of being saved and you can't really rescue an Armada, they are doomed.

[Image: 1a317f-1566021407.png]

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2019, 07:58 AM by Weretarantula.)

[Image: Yl9eQl0.png]
Bouchard really hated mining, but there was nothing he could do about it having spent his entire childhood growing up in a family that had two parents as fly in fly out workers. We're going to break some canon here and assume Bouchard is Australian for the purpose of this exercise. Basically they had to keep the ute running somehow, and the new big block they just had dropped in it wasn't gonna pay for itself was it, so they had to leave the kids behind while they went up north and made the big bucks. This really effected the clearly Australian Maxime, and caused him years of emotional trauma that still haven't been fully resolved. Centrelink hung up on him when he called in to try and get some support too. Typical government branch though. Had to branch out into meth dealing like so many of todays youth, but eventually found his feet, went to uni and got his minng degree and officially completed the cycle of systematic family abuse and expectation. Then he abandoned it all and did some hockey instead. All at the ripe old age of 17. What a ride.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada