Create Account

S49 PT #2 - Before the Fame

PBE PT

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Since Lyle grew up in a hockey family, all his past jobs have been hockey related. His first job was a teams water boy. He was responsible for making sure all of the players stayed hydrated during practice, training and games. He took this very seriously, which all of the players took notice of and started calling him little Bobby Boucher III. He hadn't seen the movie Waterboy at that point, so he didn't quite understand the reference. His next gig put him behind the wheel of his local rinks zamboni. He learned how to drive the zamboni before he learned how to try a car, which in hindsight was probably a bad idea. So anyone in St. Louis or New Orleans who gets stuck behind a car driving 15kms (10mph), you are probably driving behind Lyle. With these jobs, Lyle has learned the importance of staying hydrated while playing / training and he also learned all about the ice surface, allowing him to anticipate how the puck is going to react on any given sheet of ice, something that helps him out immensely while he is playing for his team.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Hello good high school students! My Name is Borromini Cannellini, the young center from the Los Angeles Panthers! And I have something to tell you! You are all destined for greatness, even if you don't think so! You know what I did when I was your age? I bagged groceries with a man named Adrian Pimento, who was apparently an undercover cop for many years, even being so distraut over the things he did undercover that he couldn't even live in his own apartment anymore! Crazy, right? The job was very stressful, but I worked hard and kept playing hockey until it was my shot. I learned a lot bagging groceries, but the biggest thing I learned was how to be a patient person. It also got me to work my arms and legs a lot because I was never sitting down, so if anything bagging groceries is what made me the man I am today. Imagine that!

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

i started out my working world venture at a popular local restaurant as a dishwasher. a kitchen can be a bit overwhelming at first if youve never had a job before, especially since the rest of the staff knows what theyre doing and is running around like crazy. its kind of amazing to learn what goes on behind the scenes of a place like that. anyway, eventually youll settle in, find a routine, and become part of this big well-oiled “machine” that keeps the customers coming. if youre thinking of a career that deals with food this is also a perfect way to start out. a lot of restaurants will hire from within and you could easily work your way up to being a cook, given you put in your time and are a exemplary employee. from there things are pretty easy. with a few years experience under your belt it shouldnt be too hard to find work wherever you go because food is god damn everywhere and people love it.

Before the fame, I was a regular high schooler. Yes, I was good at hockey and on the high school team in a sports program but otherwise, I was the same awkward acne riddled teenager questioning my life choices and my place on the planet. And despite all the complications I gave myself, life was pretty simple. Wake up, go to school in the mornings, go to practice in the afternoons. Six days a week. In summer it was physical conditioning. In winter it was hockey.

Outside of school and sports, there was little time for friends. Father was always working and on business trips around the world more often than not. Mother was busy taking care of my younger siblings. I had to take care of myself more often than not. I mean, she was still there to help me with food and we had dinner as a family, but otherwise, I was mostly on my own for homework and such. I grew to be very independent and dependable, but I grew up lonely.

Before the fame, I was a regular high schooler.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Before playing on the Crows, Nicolaj Muller worked at a local movie theater. He spent a majority of his time relishing in his minimum wage pay and benefits including free movies and popcorn. However things werent always this great. There were many unfortunate stories to come out of his time at the theater. Some involve unruly guests and literal shit. His favorite is one where he was cleaning the lobby of his theater and a guest comes over and starts to complain that she can hear everything from the lobby and believes that somebody should have come to close the door. It is important to note that Nicolaj was closing the theater at the time and had no clue the door was open. The woman demanded to see a manager so Nicolaj called one down. After he went to tell his co-workers about what had happened. The woman, probably named Karen, heard this and accused Nicolaj of making fun of her. Not soon after Nicolaj lost his job. Thanks Karen.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Before playing for St. Louis and getting drafted into the SHL by the New England Wolfpack I was a bear chaser. You see there are many bears in my homeland of Russia and St. Petersberg is no exception. It would be my job along with a group of others when a bear was seen to go and chase him off. We didn't actually hurt the bears, we just grabbed some pots to bang together and ran after the bears. It usually went well, nothing but minor scrapes and bruises, but one bear we had problem with. He kept coming back, so the next time he came back we took him in and trained him into becoming our mascot. While he can't roll on a ball like they do at the circus, we did put him up on the visitors glass so they would have to walk by Ivan to get to the ice. The fans and players loved Ivan, the opposing team not so much.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

[Image: job11.png]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Code:
Written Task: The league wants its players to visit high schools around the states and provinces in which they play and talk to the students about life before SHL fame! You're tasked with talking to the students about the jobs you had before the SHL: What were the jobs? Did you enjoy them? Did you learn anything from them? Did any of them have an impact on your life or career?  (must be 150+ words)

One of the best things about playing for the Colorado Raptors is being able to visit such incredible high schools in the city and getting to meet and talk to the kids. One of the things I always talk about when I give my presentation is the early jobs that I had before getting drafted in the SHL. Even though hockey and training take up most of the time for an up and coming athlete, you still need to get some money. Coming from a large family in Italy, I had to work on the farms and help out with anything to get even a little bit of money. Whether it was milking the cows or helping out with the haystacks, I had to find someway to help out my family. And the best part was that I actually did enjoy it, being around the animals and being in the open air really got me to see the beautiful things the world had to offer. I learned how to work in a team environment and gave me mental toughness. They have had a huge impact in my life and have taught me skills that I still use to this very day. It made me become a better person.

Code:
208 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Before joining the SHL I worked a few odd jobs to make extra cash in my teenage years. The most memorable was working in a meat department of a grocery store. I would come in after school and most of the cutting was done for the day. My job was wrap some meat to be sold and also to clean up all the bloody mess from the day. I would open up this grate in the floor and it would stink up the whole building so no one would want to come to the back of the store. Then I would spray all the machines and tables that were covered in blood down. After all the blood, guts and water was on the floor I would take a big squeegee and push it all into the hole in the ground under the grate. It was such a nasty job and at times they would even stick me in the freezer to bag chicken legs and man did that suck.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Before I made it into the SHL and started earning the big bucks so I could immediately spend it each season, I worked as the Mascot for the Vancouver Whalers. I would get up into the costume and dance around, it was interesting as at the time the costume included a harpoon coming out of the left side of my head, but I guess “Hey, they are the Whalers” so it kinda made sense. It made a few impacts for me, I learned what it really feels like to sweat, but don’t tell coach that i told them I learned how to during their skating drills rookie season but thats another story, anyway lets me sweat like the dickens and have it not bother me. Other than the smell. That’s been getting a bit worse lately. But anyways, along with sweat it taught me a good work ethic in which I have managed to keep up, through my career.

Everyone has a first job, for some its the only job they will ever know, for others its just the first step towards their true profession. Before being signed by the St. Louis Scarecrows on my way to San Francisco, I spent my time working at the conservation area located next door to my childhood home. I worked there whenever they needed some extra help during the special events that were held there. Whether it was help setting things up, taking them down, or running the resource center, I would do whatever was needed. I always biked through the trails with my little brother and Uncle, so I knew the entire place very well. Working there help my on ice skills in many different ways. It improved my decision making abilities while also strengthening my communication abilities. I always enjoyed my time working there, and have many fond memories I got to share with many of my former coworkers.

Hey Kids, Im Bernik Vrzala, some of you may know me from my time playing for you guys on the world team or playing over in Canada in Calgary. It wasn't easy, but I did have to work my way through and set up a backup plan. My first job was as a rat rink in the local rink down the street from here. I used to use the time to practice skating and earning enough money to save up and put some away, the rest i spend on sodas and hockey gear. I used to love doing it, but I found out that working, and working out, generally are both exhausting and your boss may get annoyed at you for not putting your effortfully into the task they are asking you to do. The most important thing I learned from working in the old barn is responsibility. Its hard to really get a grasp that people will ask things of you in a short period of time, but when the time comes you want to be someone they can rely on to get the job done and someone they, in general, can trust to be just and awesome person.

[Image: Off.gif]

EVO:

Jobs, now there is a word I didn't expect to hear. Before I started playing ice hockey at 15, I was, and still am, an avid football fan. No, not American football, Football............or Soccer over here. And if you're curious of the team I support, its Chelsea FC. Anyways, for a single year, I was a ball boy for my nearby football team, Reading FC. The job itself was simple, all you had to do was collect balls that go out of play and give new balls when needed. Pay was simple for a kid and it wasn't much as a job. But I tell you, the experience itself was the best thing I could ever go through as a kid. Every week, you would hear 20k+ fans chanting towards their team, the eruption of sound that comes every time there was a goal, just pure bedlam. I think my time as a ball boy persuaded me to look for a sport, it made me want to be the conductor that played the cacaphony with just a single game winning goal.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle