Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #156! (Road Trippin’ & Rounders Pt 2)
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2019, 03:20 AM by Slappydoodle.)

This episode ties us with the Klosecast for the most episodes of a SHL podcast of all time. Exercise

We recorded this on Saturday, as opposed to our normal Friday, since we had a poker game to go to. This is our second driving to a poker game episode and can be considered a companion piece to Road Trippin’ & Rounders pt 1, which episode number I don’t remember.

Anyway, this was a fun one to record and hopefully will be ok to listen to as well.

Here is The Big Slappy Hour #156!

https://soundcloud.com/slappydoodle/the-...y-hour-156

Thanks to Wasty, Spartangibbles, Argar, Esa, Rice and Infidel for questions and comments Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Sorry, Arby's Curly Fries > All other Fast Food Fries, I'm with you on that

Good listen.

My main concern about the update scale is it has possibly limited the ceiling for super actives to have as long and successful careers as guys like Eriksson, Anrikkanen, and Garbanzo. As much as I am happy to be among few players with above 900 points, I feel all records should be possible to be broken, and I don't know if some of them are breakable, now.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2019, 09:30 PM by Avakael.)

08-18-2019, 07:05 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Good listen.

My main concern about the update scale is it has possibly limited the ceiling for super actives to have as long and successful careers as guys like Eriksson, Anrikkanen, and Garbanzo. As much as I am happy to be among few players with above 900 points, I feel all records should be possible to be broken, and I don't know if some of them are breakable, now.

I would consider your defenseman record to be unbreakable. Nova or Visser both have theoretical shots at the all time points for players, but you'd need to be a 2250-2300 peak TPE player just to be able to play long enough to challenge you as a D. Me and LKS are in the mid 600s and almost certainly going to place 3rd and 4th all time, but we're now at the point where we're sacrificing core stats for good, and I'll feel very lucky if I reach Scherbluk without having to hog a top 4 roster spot on Buffalo past my reasonable expiry date.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

08-18-2019, 07:05 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Good listen.

There was sort of a perfect storm for players like Garbanzo and Anrikkanen because not only did they have the old update scale, but they also had the benefit of the double shifting, high minutes era of SHL hockey. It’s just extremely likely that certain records will never be broken.

LOOOOOOOL I'm dead, awesome podcast, as always!

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 09:46 PM by Rich.)

Listened yesterday.

Holy shit. Deer. Driving in Wisconsin at night is terrifying.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

08-19-2019, 09:45 PMRich Wrote: Listened yesterday.

Holy shit. Deer. Driving in Wisconsin at night is terrifying.

That was crazy. Literally right after the words left my mouth. Right on the side of the road and then another soon thereafter. It was so foggy, could hardly see.

I should have said ,”Maybe we’ll see Salma Hayek on the side of the road”