Create Account

RFA Waiver Issue

This is the kind of stuff that makes this league so frustrating. I wonder what the punishment would be if you did this @WannabeFinn

08-22-2019, 01:46 PMkarey Wrote: This is the kind of stuff that makes this league so frustrating. I wonder what the punishment would be if you did this @WannabeFinn

WBF would never break a rule

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-22-2019, 01:46 PMkarey Wrote: This is the kind of stuff that makes this league so frustrating. I wonder what the punishment would be if you did this @WannabeFinn
Yeah imagine if I sent someone back to Detroit and skirted the waiver rules. I think I would’ve already been drug through the streets.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

08-22-2019, 01:48 PMGrapehead Wrote:

WBF would never break a rule
Spotless record so far tbh

08-22-2019, 01:49 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
08-22-2019, 01:48 PMGrapehead Wrote: WBF would never break a rule
Spotless record so far tbh

Hey, me too! Smile

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-22-2019, 12:42 PMMayuu Wrote:
08-22-2019, 11:47 AMSlashACM Wrote: Hello buffalo gang

You hate us cause you anus

All I said was hello and I'm more of a tits guy

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-22-2019, 01:30 PMMayuu Wrote:
08-22-2019, 01:21 PMFlareon Wrote: Maybe I'm not entirely entitled to provide a POV since my team benefits, but this is what my thought process would be:

1) Check the rulebook regarding send downs and waivers

2) See that the wording says that 5th season J players must clear waivers when sent down 

3) Send my player down, and hope that another team doesn't claim him 

I've heard people mention the waivers thread, but I've also heard that it's dead so I'd easily assume that it isn't being used anymore, hence the rulebook being my personal source of knowledge

If I'm wrong? Sure okay I get it. But this is a bit of a grey imo and I'm sure HO will address that and make it airtight

Try reading the send down thread in the SMJHL GM forum section. First post by eggy. It doesn't really get any more clear.

I'll just put what is in the SMJHL GM Send Down thread right here followed by the Waiver rule as posted in the SHL Rulebook

Quote:"Please post in this thread any players you are sending down to the SMJHL for Season 49, or calling up to your SHL team.

NOTE: There is now a 5-season eligibility for SMJHL players, this means if their SHL Draft year was prior to S46 then they are not able to play in the Juniors

Players designated (S46) must clear SHL waivers before reporting to their junior teams. Other SHL teams have 24 hours to claim a player off waivers.

*** NOTE ***

Skaters and goalies can be sent down even if they have played in the SHL previously, as long as they are under the 350 TPE cap and within the 5 season eligibility, and obviously are under contract.

SMJHL GMs are allowed to sign IFAs with 200-350 TPE after the Draft, so they should not have to bug you to sign players and send them down. "

G. Waivers
A player is exempt from waivers for three full seasons following being drafted to the SHL. After that, they will be eligible for waivers if sent down to the SMJHL.
  1. If sent down, there is a period of 24 hours during which another SHL team may claim them.
  2. If claimed by a team, there is a 12-hour period during which an SHL team with higher priority may claim the player.
    1. Waiver priority begins in reverse order of the previous season’s standings. If a team successfully claims a player off of waivers, they move to the bottom of the list.

Nowhere in here does it refer to a separate waiver thread that anyone has to be posted in. And as a SMJHL GM until this thread I never knew there was a Waiver thread. Since we don't have access to SHL GM office I can easily see where Flareon would see this and assume it means that they would be posted in the send down thread and claimed there.

I'm not here to say whether this call was the right one or not since I can't speak for if CAL should have known to use the other thread. But to say the call-up thread doesn't get anymore clear is wrong. There should really be a detailed process in the rule book that constitutes what it means to post a player to waivers. Maybe there is something in the SHL GM Office but most of the site can't see that to reference it.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

So why isn’t there a punishment? Feels like some serious bias here

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

08-22-2019, 12:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
08-22-2019, 12:03 PMSDCore Wrote: How many buffalo posts can we get to on this one thread... Let's wait and find out.
Big brain Buffalo players can see how bad this ruling is

How much irl money would I have to pay you to rename Buffalo to the Buffalo Boomers and make your logo this

[Image: heart-attack.jpg]

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

08-22-2019, 01:57 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-22-2019, 12:42 PMMayuu Wrote: You hate us cause you anus

All I said was hello and I'm more of a tits guy

Anyone who is more off an ass person hasn't suckled on the tit of a woman

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

08-22-2019, 02:14 PMcpetrella Wrote: So why isn’t there a punishment? Feels like some serious bias here
Well, you see... that’s because there is a lot of bias here. That’s all.

08-22-2019, 02:15 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
08-22-2019, 12:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Big brain Buffalo players can see how bad this ruling is

How much irl money would I have to pay you to rename Buffalo to the Buffalo Boomers and make your logo this

[Image: heart-attack.jpg]
How much you got? I’m tryna be subjected to Warren’s wealth tax.

Can someone point out where it says a post has to be made in that specific thread?  So far I haven't seen it in the rulebook or the send down threads that are being quoted.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

08-22-2019, 02:17 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
08-22-2019, 02:14 PMcpetrella Wrote: So why isn’t there a punishment? Feels like some serious bias here
Well, you see... that’s because there is a lot of bias here. That’s all.
Ya man tbh if u did this it would be totally different they’d punish u

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

08-22-2019, 02:15 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
08-22-2019, 01:57 PMSlashACM Wrote: All I said was hello and I'm more of a tits guy

Anyone who is more off an ass person hasn't suckled on the tit of a woman

Fuckin formula babies smh

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]