Create Account

RFA Waiver Issue

Kick Calgary out of the league

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]

When I had wanted to stay down 5 seasons, instead of going up after 4, I was told I'd only be able to do weekly training by an HO member if I wasn't under contract with an SHL team, and tried to sign with just a J team. Why even have the 5th season as an option if you're going to find a way to strong-arm people into going up?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I get that people who don't have access to the SHL GM office or the SHL GM discord don't know everything about this situation but Buffalo had to send down a player via waivers this season which resulted in Eggy tagging all the GMs in the GM server in the announcement server with you guessed it an announcement.

So Calgary for sure knew about the correct procedure at least at the start of this season.

[Image: Screen.PNG]

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-22-2019, 03:28 PMTomen Wrote: I get that people who don't have access to the SHL GM office or the SHL GM discord don't know everything about this situation but Buffalo had to send down a player via waivers this season which resulted in Eggy tagging all the GMs in the GM server in the announcement server with you guessed it an announcement.

So Calgary for sure knew about the correct procedure at least at the start of this season.

Thank you for being sensible and giving some context/examples Tomen. Makes it much easier to see what people are talking about in regards to Buffalo's example.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Take 3 1sts from HO for this bull fuckery

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I've been in the league for 1 and a half-season and I was aware of the waiver rule.

Falcons Canada

With Buffalo doing this not too long ago a lack of punishment is surprising.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I don't usually comment on these but this is extremely weak by SHL HO.

"Oh sorry officer, i didn't know that shooting someone in the head would kill them"
"Oh gee wizz... you didn't know ok. I guess I'll let you off the hook this time buddy"

Failure to know the law does not excuse breaking the law.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

My question is, we all know that IRL waivers exist, why not assume it exists here. Atleast go to someone from HO if you arent sure and ASK. Plausible deniability ffs

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

08-22-2019, 03:28 PMTomen Wrote: I get that people who don't have access to the SHL GM office or the SHL GM discord don't know everything about this situation but Buffalo had to send down a player via waivers this season which resulted in Eggy tagging all the GMs in the GM server in the announcement server with you guessed it an announcement.

I think I've cracked the case

The commissioner threatened violence if waivers was used a second time. Therefore, Calgary did not want to be killed by the commish

This all boils down to the commissioner thinking he's Putin and threatening his public officials with violence for stepping out of line

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

@Eggy216 @Dangles13 @ztevans @Slappydoodle @SDCore

I think that's all of you.

This isn't the answer. Sure, i get how people could be confused on the waiver process. I know we have a waiver thread that hasn't been used in 2 years or something (minus Buffalo doing what they were supposed to), but eliminating that thread altogether is stupid.

It should be enforced to do be used from here on out.

In the NHL when someone goes on waivers, all teams get an email letting them know that "so and so placed player X on waivers" so that people can't "sneak" players through. That thread is our version of that. That's what we use to essentially inform all of the other GMs that someone is being placed on waivers.

Now, i took a quick gander and i saw that a few players who should've been posted in that thread recently weren't, and instead were just placed in the send downs. We can't retroactively punish everyone for that, and it seems the Rulebook doesn't even have a punishment for not doing that anyway. So we should fix that first, create a punishment, and then you know, enforce that.

Or else just remove waivers for the 5th years completely.
Its not on the GMs to have to pay attention to every single player and if they're on waivers or not. Let's start using the damn thread for what its for. With the larger player base we've been having, we're going to start seeing more and more people be placed on waivers (which can be exciting to a degree), we should have a "waivers" announcement each time. EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE EGGY POSTED EARLIER THIS SEASON.

I don't care if you punish Calgary or not, (since we've been essentially allowing this for a while now without noticing), but removing the thread is stupid. Make posting in the waivers thread a rule in the rulebook, and include a punishment for circumventing the waiver system. Or drop waivers altogether.

This whole "we didn't realize it was a thing so we'll just remove it and make in the send downs thread" isnt the call here. Make the waivers matter and put players on waivers for all to see, or scrap them entirely.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

08-22-2019, 05:05 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Now, i took a quick gander and i saw that a few players who should've been posted in that thread recently weren't, and instead were just placed in the send downs. We can't retroactively punish everyone for that, and it seems the Rulebook doesn't even have a punishment for not doing that anyway. So we should fix that first, create a punishment, and then you know, enforce that.

Can you list the players who were sent down incorrectly? I don't see any reason we should just glaze over the rest of the errors here, because it's obviously a problem if multiple players are in violation of this rule currently.

Also, why read the rulebook, and ask for rule clarifications when you can just shrug and say you didn't know after 20+ seasons as a GM

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-22-2019, 05:33 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-22-2019, 05:05 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Now, i took a quick gander and i saw that a few players who should've been posted in that thread recently weren't, and instead were just placed in the send downs. We can't retroactively punish everyone for that, and it seems the Rulebook doesn't even have a punishment for not doing that anyway. So we should fix that first, create a punishment, and then you know, enforce that.

Can you list the players who were sent down incorrectly? I don't see any reason we should just glaze over the rest of the errors here, because it's obviously a problem if multiple players are in violation of this rule currently.

Also, why read the rulebook, and ask for rule clarifications when you can just shrug and say you didn't know after 20+ seasons as a GM

ask jaywhy

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

08-22-2019, 05:39 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
08-22-2019, 05:33 PMGrapehead Wrote: Can you list the players who were sent down incorrectly? I don't see any reason we should just glaze over the rest of the errors here, because it's obviously a problem if multiple players are in violation of this rule currently.

ask jaywhy

Why

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

08-22-2019, 03:38 PMNONAME Wrote: I've been in the league for 1 and a half-season and I was aware of the waiver rule.

I've been in this league for more than 20 seasons and I know nothing about the waiver wire and still don't.

Yes I am too lazy to read the cut and pastes from the rule book.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius