Create Account

Weekend Fun Time: Make the Case (S49)

No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

Against: Hamilton is looking to miss the playoffs for a second season in a row despite having a decent pre-season and making a few big signing this offseason.

Words: 28

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Code:
GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Nope, only reason McZ is playing well is he gets to make the lines and like he always does he sets his player up to score maximum points. In the long run all it does it hurt the others on the team so no I don't think it's a win for Min at all.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

For: I picked Olivier Cloutier for the Jesster trophy in the awards predictions for this season. As she was a player from my draft class who held off for a while before making the jump. Soderberg has the advantage in points right now but the pendulum could swing either way in the end.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

For: The San Francisco Pride were looking for a far better season. With a top-notch defense, SFP were looking like they could be in the mix for the last play-off spot, at least. But the defense is leaky, offense isn't clicking and the season feels just.. empty with not much positives right now.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Code:
A St. Louis Scarecrow will lead the SMJHL in points at the end of the season

For: Nicolaj Muller @esilverm was the best player in the SMJHL last year and he's not far off that pace this year. Muller is currently 3rd in the league in points and plays on arguable the best line in the league. I predict another late season explosion for Muller like last season that bump him up to number one in points.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Speaking of the Dar award, old man Mike Izzy is moving past just Dars this season and will take home at least one of the MVP awards

For! Mike Izzy is having a terrific season, a all time great currently leading the league in goals and have proven doubters wrong late in his career! Never bet against this guy!

[Image: knute.jpg]

For

I've been on this website for not so long all things considered and I think they've went through 5 rebuilds without anything to show for it. The coaching staff needs to be replace, this team is way too talented to be stuck in mediocrity.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Code:
Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

For! My man Leitner is playing Leits Out and is doing a hard carry for the New England Wolfpack! He's been waiting for his breakout season and has finally got it this season!

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

08-23-2019, 11:42 AMmstuk41 Wrote: GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

There is no doubt that McZ knows how to get the most out of his players, and when given that chance to run lines for a team, his player will always benefit.  That being said.  They gave up 3 1st round picks for him.  No it is not a win for both sides in the long run.  Short term, sure.  Long Term it will not be viewed as such.

I have to agree with this and say that this and say that I disagree it is a win for both sides. At this point it is too close to Call. As McZ has been here a long time he has been none in more recent years to jump ship. Granted players are worth value and I get that but if you give up your future and lose your future, you get nothing. I think unfortunately we won't know the value of this trade to will we learn the values of those picks and what they urn into in future seasons.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Code:
GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?
Against

There was absolutely no guarantee that McZ, a pending free agent, would resign and paying tons of picks for someone who at the time was not a top 10 defender was an overpay. Minnesota is just lucky that McZ didn't run for the door the second his deal was up.

hi

Code:

sorry, but this is still a bad trade all around in my opinion. McZ is a hell of a player, but is really one of hte only pieces keeping Minnesota somewhat in contention. Combine that with the fact that McZ isn't very loyal to a team (sorry pal), and would jump ship to GM a team (which is fair) makes it a hell of a gamble for Minnesota, and one that I don't think will pay off I think they should have kept their picks to rebuild rather than trying to force a playoff push from a roster that wouldn't last in the playoffs.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride:

Agree, The Pride have struggled this season and their lower end depth has been a big issue for them. Guys like Zadina who are paid the big bucks to put pucks in the net have just not delivered at all this season and that needs to turn around next year or else it might be time to cut him and send him packing.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup.

Against: A lot of times, winning the President’s Trophy can be a curse come playoff time as often times, the top team in the league during the regular season make early playoff exits. New England has also playoff much better than expected during the regular season thus far and I just don’t see these two clubs duking it out for the Challenge Cup.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

Against.

The Dragons have easily been the best in the West, but the East has been very competitive. The Wolfpack sit just two points up on Manhattan, and only 3 up on the Platoon. Futhermore, the top two regular season teams rarely meet up in the Finals, usually due to a darkhorse team pulling off an upset. If I were a betting man, I would bet against this being the Finals matchup, especially since we haven't seen either team in the Finals in quite some time.

Code:
Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

I think it's possible, Leitner is a great goalie and has already proven to be elite on both the SMJHL and SHL levels. His chances of breaking the record this season are very good and i would not be surprised to see him get it.

[Image: lebbish.gif]