Simulation Hockey League
S71 All Star Week - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S71 All Star Week (/showthread.php?tid=131769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S71 All Star Week - Otrebor13 - 07-13-2023

Task 1 – 2 TPE

Milestones

Task 2 – 3 TPE

a. How could you choose between them? Both are exceptional players, and can vastly improve your team. Now, if I am building a team with a longer term vision in mind, I’ll take Ekholm-Gunnarsson just because of the age difference. If I want to win now, Allbran is the guy I want. Has been at the highest level for a longer time and knows what it takes to win.
b. I think when it comes to the All-Star game, the more offensive minded players will likely have a better showing. The games are usually less intense and competitive and there’s more offense and goals that get scored. Obviously Pingu had a great season, but I don’t know if he’s going to be laying himself out to block shots and get in the way of pucks the way he normally would for his team.
d. Well clearly my player should have made it for the team morale. Excellent in the dressing room, always brings a good time and I think he would make for a great player to be mic’d up. There are definitely a lot of great players/people in this league, but bringing in an average player like Kirby would definitely put things for a loop, but it would be fun to follow someone who’s not quite at the top of the SHL game try to compete with the all stars. Maybe he’ll get some pity goals.

SSL Affiliate PT - 3 TPE

https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=31&t=4054

RE: S71 All Star Week - Nokazoa - 07-13-2023

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

3 tpe for milestone

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

A. I would rather have Lias as Lias is a truly phenomenal player on the ice. Also, that name is just such a buttery name. AllBran? Who gets excited to hear that said by the announcer? Who wants to hear people talk about cereal that the elderly have to take? No. Gun to the Earth and I have to pick one player from this season to go top shelf on some four-armed alien in a shootout? GIVE ME EKHOLM-GUNNARSSON!
D.Thomas should have made it because who else would expect a send-down with 350 capped TPE to make it? It's the ultimate feel-good story that would definitely get a few articles about it, and if that generates media then that is good for the economy. We all can agree that what is good for the economy is good for us.

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, The Grand Celebration!
Make a hype poster for the all star game itself! Include the season number, the fact that this is the all star game, and include at least some reference to the game's location and at least one player from each conference participating in the game.

[Image: asg_gfx_1.png]

RE: S71 All Star Week - leafsftw1967 - 07-14-2023

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE: +3tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131807&pid=3388474#pid3388474

2b. Borje Samuelsson is the best defenseman in the league hands down. Leading all defensemen with 81 points, Samuelsson is an MVP candidate and a front runner for the Stevens. Top-10 in the league in assists for all skaters as well, Samuelsson also excelled defensively, allowing only 2.2 GA/60 on a team that allowed 2.71 GA/60 and 26.8 SA/60 on a team that allowed 28.12 SA/60. With a relative CF% and relative FF% of 3.4 and 2.0 respectively, NEW was much better while Samuelsson was on the ice compared to when he wasn’t.

2c. I would take the Eastern conference goalies. Brick Wall has been the leader among starters in GSAA and sv%, 4th in GAA, and 6th in saves. He's been at the top of the board all year. Casey Fantobens was hot and cold all year, but ended hot and rode that streak all the way to 2nd among starters in GSAA and sv%. He kept a solid GAA, placed 9th in saves, and tied Brick Wall for 2nd with 5 shutouts.

4. Mikko Rashford, what a season he had and I can’t wait to see him in the all star game! He was the second most points in the league 123, led the league in assists with 74, had the highest OGR in the league and had solid advance stats.
In scenarios like this, it can be a thrilling experience to witness the skills and talent of a player who is typically seen as a rival. It allows fans to appreciate the game and the individual's abilities beyond team loyalties. It's an opportunity to set aside rivalries and enjoy the sport in its purest form, celebrating the talent and dedication that these players bring to the ice.
All-Star games often showcase the best players from different teams, offering a chance for fans to witness their rival's star player up close and gain a newfound appreciation for their skills. It can foster a sense of unity among fans, as they come together to support the representatives from their conference, setting aside their team rivalries for the duration of the event.

RE: S71 All Star Week - the5urreal - 07-14-2023

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Atticus Hale MILESTONES
+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

a. In my opinion, the answer to this question is pretty simple. Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson was able to accomplish the 60 goal feat with the help of their linemates Mikko Rashford and Noel Blanchet, 2nd and 8th in points respectively. Evil AllBran accomplished the 60 goal feat with a much weaker supporting case (his linemates were both outside the top 20 in points). If I had to choose, I'd rather have Evil AllBran's natural scoring ability on my team. [77 words]
c. With all due respect to Justin Time and my teammate Jon St. Ark, I'm rolling the dice with Casey Fantobens and Brick Wall on my side. Fantobens and Wall were both in the top 10 in Goals Against Average, both in the top 5 in Save Percentage and were 2nd and 1st respectively in Goals Saved Above Average. You might be able to attribute some of that success to the strong teams in front of them but they're certainly two of the best in the league. [86 words]
+2 TPE

PBE AFFILIATE CLAIM
+3 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - Katth - 07-14-2023

1. Milestones - 3 TPE
Link

2. Shiny grabbag - 2 TPE
a. I would want to have Evil Allbran over Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, because Evil Allbran's initials are EA and everybody knows it is in the game. That is the only and sole reason he would get the nod over Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson. It is also no coincedence it is EA and his first name is Evil.
c. Eastern conference hands down. Brick Wall is just a beast and he's one the best (maybe the best) goalie in the league. Fantobens has recently found cheat codes during the playoffs, but I do not know if the same once work for the all star game. I would star Brick Wall just to be sure.

5. Last men in - 3 TPE
The last player in should be Grogu Mandosson from the Montreal Patriotes. Grogu Mandosson finished in the top 10 players in points with 96 points and was 4th in the league with assists. Yet he was not selected to be an all star which is just high way robbery. To me this looks again like it is one big circle jerk fest and friends of friends are getting in, but the players that actually deserve it do not. This league really needs to address this shit because it is a killer in terms of motivation to keep updating on players or even continue on this site. I really do not know what else there is to say about this. Grogu Mandosson should get in and he deserve to be there as much as any other player already in. Not doing so should be reason to disband the entire all star team committee and take away their voting rights.

RE: S71 All Star Week - HanTheMan_ - 07-14-2023

+3 TPE - S71 Milestones

Code:
Code:
Code:

I think the discussion surrounding these two great defensemen will ultimately boil down to stat line over play style. Its more visual data that people can understand quickly and without learning all the teeny details of hockey. That being said i think Borje Samuelsson will outshine Adelie de Pingu given New England just came off a snug playoff finals and could be itching for a little win off that.

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

Oh my where to begin about my good friend Tommy Westbrook. Guy is a legend love him to death. He plays for the Hamilton steelhawks the team I'll be getting called up to. How cool is that! Lets jump right in to this. The guy is a goal scoring and assist machine. Mister tommy westbrook put up 79 points this season being the top scorer on the Hamilton steelhawks and third highest on the assists. The dude is a freak. I cannot wait to play along side tommy westbrook when i get called up. His finesse on the ice and sheer power should allow him to excel in the all stars game this coming off season. He cares about his teammates lots too. He's just a great guy on and off the ice. Unfortunately he's the only one from Hamilton playing in the all stars game but maybe in the next few seasons we'll see some more guys join the all stars squad.

RE: S71 All Star Week - Dangles13 - 07-14-2023

Code:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131807&pid=3388554#pid3388554

RE: S71 All Star Week - By-Tor - 07-14-2023

1. Milestones

+3 Link

2a. Grab Bag +1

I would much rather have Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson on my team because I do have them on my team. Go Rora. Lias can score score score, but you can always bet on them missing a few easy tap ins too. LIAS PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET. This just shows the breakout skill and offensive gun they are. While AllBran is my S60 friend/TPE nemesis, gotta go with my current teammate here. 

2b. Grab Bag +1

81 points for a defenseman is awesome, but you can't just be a scorer as a defenseman. I go with de Pengu on this one. With the blocks, hits, and other intangibles they bring to the table, it's hard to beat. One of the best complete defensive seasons in a while I'd say, but I also gotta give love to my Rora teammates Kinsinger and O'Neil who put up some great numbers of their own. 

5. Last Men In +3

The last person in should be Winnipeg Aurora forward Miguel Hefeweizen. Hefe scored 39 goals this year while putting up 82 points. They have been north of 80 points all four years in a Winnipeg sweater. With very little powerplay time, this is a great feat for an aging player. A +53 rating and almost 54% in the faceoff circle as a 2C is a good showing. Truly an offensive weapon, what they lack in the defensive game they certainly make up for in offense. While some people may discount some of the stats of the Winnipeg Aurora players because of the collective skill of the group, it takes an all-star to cash in on the opportunities given to them. Only a handful of players had a better season this year and Hefe has been a regular all-star in the past. I say give them one more round in the spotlight for their performance this year.

RE: S71 All Star Week - narb111 - 07-14-2023

1. Milestones

Milestones +3 TPE

2. Tasks

Placeholder

RE: S71 All Star Week - tweedledunn - 07-14-2023

Code:

Claim 3

RE: S71 All Star Week - Evok - 07-14-2023

1. Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131807&pid=3387989#pid3387989

2. Shiny Grab Bag
a. I'd defintively prefer Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson in my team than Evil AllBran. Both are amazing goal scorer as we already determinated, but the main difference is quality vs quantity. Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson shot only 260 times on the net for a Shot percentage of 23.1%, while Evil AllBran shot 336 times for a shot percentage of 17.9%. 55
b. Nevek Kove is a defensive defenseman, so of course he's kinda cheering for Adelie de Pingu. However, after multiple season unable to even crack the milestones properly, he figured he would need to step up offensively so he's also wishing Borje Samuelsson an execelent all star game and hope to be as good in the future. 56
c. It's very easy for me to vote for the west in this case. First, it's also my conference, but also because Justin Time is an amazing netminder who will destroy everyone on front of him. i'll be here to root for Justin Time and only Justin time. Everyone else don't really matter to me. 54
d. My player should absolutly not do the all star game. It's not even a debate, he's definitively not good enough for this. His only focus is blocking shot and he's not even the best one at that. he's third in line to the blocking shot contest, and that's the only time he cracked the top 10 in any category for a skater. 62

11. Affiliate
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=32073&view=findpost&p=604208

8/8

RE: S71 All Star Week - MMFLEX - 07-14-2023

Code:

S71 Milestones - +2 TPE

Code:

a) There's only one correct answer. Evil Allbran is who you want here. The fact that they are evil gives them all the advantage they need. In addition, Lias shortened to LEG is a huge disadvantage, because, well, you can't kick in the puck for a goal. 59 of their 60 goals were kicked in this season, and the refs missed it.
b) This question lies in the eyes of the beholder. Who has the best game is purely on who values what, and in an all star game, I don't give a damn about defense. With Samuelsson having a better offensive output this season, I'm going to say they will have a better and more exciting all star game.
c) The combo of Fantobens and Wall is where it's at. The top two in GSAA and both higher in Save%. I don't care about Time's wins. That doesn't matter in an all star game. Fanto and Wall will be ricocheting pucks off their beastly bodies left and right. Literal brick walls right here.

3 TPE from Prompt

3) ISFL PT Affiliate +3 TPE

8/8

RE: S71 All Star Week - Gumbaman - 07-14-2023

SMJHL GM All-star Week Pass

RE: S71 All Star Week - 39alaska39 - 07-14-2023

1. Milestones
2a. Ekholm-Gunnarsson would be who I would be taking in this scenario. Not going to deny the strong season that AllBran had as well, but their stats indicate a player who is more of a volume shooter (nothing wrong with that, just important in choosing in my mind). Also Ekholm-Gunnarsson was able to pick up more assists, showing that perhaps they are a better-rounded player. WC: 64

2b. I feel like All-Star Games are pretty much the hockey version of all gas, no brakes, so I think that Samuelsson will have the better showing in the game this year. It’s not to say that De Pingu will have a bad day or anything like that, I just feel that this style of game lends itself better to Samuelsson’s play style. WC: 62

8. Arty is pretty cool so it’s good to see them get into the game this season. They had a very strong year with the New England Wolfpack this season, 47 goals and 90 points, their second straight year with over 90 points. Even more points this year at even strength which shows, to me, that despite this being their 8th season in the SHL, they are still growing and developing their game as much as possible. It really was an all-around very impressive year from an excellent player that I’m not sure how they didn’t make it originally. Especially with only being 18th in league scoring, you’d think that would be enough to get you into the All-Star Game without having to be the last one in. 11th in scoring for the conference would be plenty good enough in my book, especially with the 47 goals being good for top 10 in the league. WC: 154

Total TPE: 8

RE: S71 All Star Week - BarnabasCollins - 07-14-2023

Code:

+2 TPE - MilestonesCode:

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

Well I guess I have to talk about the one and only Jon St Ark, the oldest player on the Western conference team at S57. Arky stood tall in net for the Spectres once again this past season, bringing them in to a number 9 seed. The Spectres are an aging club and Arky is no exception. He posted a 26-18-2 record this season. His periphereals weren't that great with a GAA of 3.16 and a save percent of .909 playing in front of a defense comprising of old grizzled guys and a brand new rookie in Minius. He was able to have so many wins this season through his tenacity and experience, knowing when to turn it on when the team needed him most. I think many would feel this is a sentimental or surprise selection but his value to the Spectres is unquestioned and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving teammate. Hopefully he can still contribute for us for a couple more seasons.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Movable Spotlights (150 words min.)
Which player NOT on your own team are you most excited to see in action? Do you finally get the chance to cheer on a hated rival's star player as they represent your conference? Have you been tormented by a young player on a rebuilder that hasn't yet made their mark on teams out-of-conference?

I guess I'm looking forward to seeing Dwight Knight from the Tampa Bay Barracuda for the Eastern conference. He is the oldest player in the game being from S54. I always find it special to see the old guys playing in probably their final all star games. You like to see if their adrenaline kicks in and they can turn back time for maybe a special moment for the league and their fans. White is still competing at a high level as he nears retirement. He posted an amazing 55 points in 66 games for the Barracuda this past season. In fact he hasn't scored below 50 points in the last 12 seasons. That is hugely consistent and he is a special player. I don't think there's much question that he will be an SHL hall of famer if there is still such a thing in this league. So even though he's not from my conference I will be rooting for the old grey beard as he suits it up in the allstar game one more time.