Simulation Hockey League
S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs (/showthread.php?tid=97427)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - sköldpaddor - 07-06-2019

Task 2: My first demand would be that everyone be provided with some sort of standard of housing during at least their rookie year. My rookie year in the SMJHL I saw some guys writing about their houses and how they were buying million dollar homes, while other guys were talking about how they had to live in an apartment with a bunch of roaches or something. They should also be able to have pets if they need them or want in this housing, because nothing helps you feel more at home in a new location than having a pet. I also think that the SMJHL cap could be tweaked a little, but not much. We already have guys staying down for a full five seasons even though most super active players cap out before two seasons. There's a weird gap after you've capped where you can't get any better in the SMJHL but you're not nearly good enough to be competitive in the SHL yet, and I feel like we might be losing people in there. Raising the SMJHL cap might be a good solution to that, since people are staying down anyway regardless of whether they're capped or not, but I think it should probably be a little harder to get better during that point. Maybe if you complete extra tasks, you can unbank an additional limited amount of TPE every week up to a certain point? It might not make that big of a difference, but I'd like to see a little something there to make things more interesting for people who are just banking for three or four seasons.

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - MCP_ - 07-06-2019

Task

There have been lots of great suggestions made in this thread, but I wanted to highlight two of my favorites:

1. Increasing the SMJHL TPE Cap. While a cap is necessary, the current one is pretty... limiting. It's not a great experience to bank TPE every week for months on end, and everyone knows it. Anyone can get a capped build within 2 seasons, and for some even less than that. Increasing the cap to 450 or even 500 TPE would do wonders for the SMJHL. Not only are players updating, but they are also keeping on that TPE grind longer.

2. Investigating franchises. As someone who was on an SMJHL team who had their GM's banished, there was obviously a lot of concern for the franchise for a while, as explained in their punishment thread. If they wanted to get them out earlier... why not ask any of the current players about the entire situation?

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - JSS - 07-06-2019

[Image: 1.png]

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - TheWoZy - 07-06-2019

[Image: image0.jpg]

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - LarksTongue - 07-06-2019

Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

Forming a SHL Players Association would drastically change the league. The main issue with the SHL to me; is that the player isn't what is valuable, the user is. In order to make this work I think we need to have full rosters if possible. For instance next time the league considers expanding to a new team think about expanding the minimum amount of active players instead to fill out roster.  Adjust the cap as needed. This will bring up capped players from the SMJHL and address another issue. Further make a cap on the amount of money one can earn from media in a season. Whether that be cap on money earned in a piece, relevance penalty, Not whos the hottest player, best name, etc. and stuff like that. etc. Better yet form an SHL Sportscenter where users are hired to dish out media regularly (weekly) on different SHL topics with better pay than traditional media.  Make a new classification of media to comedy, SHL discussion, NHL discussion too etc. Make the contracts more valuable to a users income. Allowing money to carryover when one retires also seems like an oversight. Newer players are inherently punished because of this from reddit drafts. Why draft a new excited reddit guy with 0$ when you can draft a guy with literally 100$ million in the bank. Again this rewards the user. Player dedication, and performance is what the metric is to me. 

Next I think abandoning the TPE based contract is essential. Move towards a performance based metric that gives a sort of fog of war when signing players, or better yet go to a TPE/Month scale which gives a better indication of player growth and inactivity. The main issue is older users get all the money while newer users doing just as well can be lost in the jam. Another idea is to increase the amount of money each TPE class gets or the variance of money for a contract (I.E not 1.0 Million$ jumps, more like 1.5 million$) from 500-1300 increases. Further you could make it so winning awards like; MVP, Best defenseman etc. will add to mandatory contract increases next time around. The tricky part is making agents work. As a newer user I have no idea what to ask for contract when drafted especially for more casual players. A more drastic idea is change regression so that training gets more expensive as you get older (older you are, the more you need to train) or the point scale itself changes as your player gets older. (I.E, Skating, Endurance, Strength regress faster as they are physical stats.)

I'm just spit balling here but this topic has so many angles it's hard not to get bogged down. Overall make it so contracts are the best way to earn money in the league. Make it so players want to fight for the best contract possible. Just my two cents.

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - Kalakar - 07-06-2019

Without a doubt I would nominate for the first ambassador position @slothfacekilla  I believe their outside perspective as a sloth could be helpful to the SHL in the future. Patience, kindness, and a thick skin is required for this kind of job, and as a sloth, Sloth has definitely acquired those attributes.

Next up, I believe none other than @TnlAstatine  should land the job. As a monkey, they would be very valuable to the team, providing versatility and confidence to the group and would mesh well with Sloth. Luffy would bring his smarts and great critical thinking to appease issues as they rise as well as bring fresh new ideas before the SHL.

Lastly, this group couldn't exist without everyone's favorite friend, @bilbo . They are the one that will be able to sit down and work out the issues that arise while Sloth and Luffy will probably hang out somewhere else. Leaving the group project to be done by a single person, yet again.

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - Bonk - 07-06-2019

There would only be a few demands or strong negotiating points that would be pushed by the union in my area of the negotiations and these would all be related to our members to the site. Sure there would be many of the things that would needed to be hammered out such as minimum age to enter the SHL, whether there is a mandatory number of seasons required in the SMJHL, salary cap minimums and maximums. Although my role in these negotiations would be very focused. Focused on raising the capped TPE in a season. The members of site gave me be specific instructions regarding this issue. I was to get 5 more TPE added to the cap or at minimum get an additional point task that would only be available to individuals who had completed all the points tasks in the season that would award 5 uncapped TPE. By accomplishing this goal, it would improve the end user experience thus making the site more harmonious. Yeah right.
Words~168

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - HoltzFan10 - 07-06-2019

If Blue has this decision (which is already not a good idea; giving him a decision to decide on) then Blue would probably choose @JSS , @Jenny , and @.bojo . These three people are well known by Blue and he sees them as the perfect fits for the roles. Why? Well I will now explain.

Jss - He is just an all around nice guy, who also managed to turn samee’s team (Sorry samee) to the top team in the league, all still within Blue’s prime! With decision making skills like those, and the niceness he gives off, he’s a great fit!

Bojo - Bojo is the type of person that whenever they have an idea or need; they will not stop until it’s fulfilled. Bojo is one with amazingly powerful determination that it inspires others.

Jenny - Jenny is someone who is very truthful, and in a party of 3, one has to be the tiebreaker; and Jenny will make sure that the best option is always done.

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - efiug - 07-06-2019

[Image: luketd.png]@"luketd"

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - Nictox - 07-06-2019

PBE PT

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - Moosecop - 07-06-2019

PBE PT

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - trella - 07-06-2019

[Image: Untitled_drawing_1.jpg]

@SlashACM

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - SecondSucks22 - 07-06-2019

Task 2: I have some pretty simple things I would ask for in the first collective bargaining agreement. First and foremost I want the rule book to be gone over by mediators. Too often are we shown different punishments for the same crime, or same punishments for different things, and the majority of the time both players and managers heavilly dissagree with the punishment levied. You hear it all the time but this league will be awesome when its actually finished. Secondly, the salary cap, it never goes up, especially in the SMJHL. Players need money to grow, and without the salary cap increasing, we cant see players getting paid what they deserve, which in truly unfair for all those involved. Players deserve a cut of the action, and its not right to ask your star players to take a cut so that the team can grow, and newer players can get a footing.

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - bana - 07-06-2019

Anything great has a union or that's what those who have a union say. The union protects your ass in times of need and looks out for you even when you think they're not. If you need something or they feel that the league needs something, you can expect that they're going to try their hardest for you to get that to make sure your quality of life in whatever you're doing is good. Currently, the Simulation Hockey League is in the fight of it's life as the players are banging and clanging to finally bring in a union similar to the NHLPA's, to represent the players as a whole when it comes to league dealings. Naturally, league commissioners were not happy about the installment, but eventually as talks increased amongst the players, a union is looking more and more likely with the name "SHLPA" floating around. Currently no leader is elected and no idea of who is going to run it is running around but there are a few things that we know they're fighting for. (this article is in no way serious).

1. We want more equipment - What we got rolling right now is amazing, but if the league were to allow more variety within the store when it comes to equipment and purchases, it could increase activity among the player and improve in a bunch of areas for the league and players combined. For me, this is a solid idea and hopefully something the league will consider.

2. More ways for me to make DOUGH - No, not cookie dough. Our personal trainer in the Los Angeles Locker Room is already solid for that. We want more ways of making money. Sure, you can do the contracts and the writing, or if you have talent graphics. There's got to be some other way we can make some monies (outside of working a job). What if those who represent their countries at international tournaments make 1M for showing up? Making some different bonuses on medias and what not.

League Vacation Resort in Bahamas - The players work hard and are away from their families basically 87.43% of the year. That's a long time! Whether it be Training Camps, Practices, road games or just the season itself, the guys and ladies are never home. So, when they have the ability to, because the league keeps them away for quite the time, they should be rewarded. We're happy with it being 4 star instead of 5, but we want it to be amazing and rewarding for the players when they show up with teammates and family members.

THE END for now..

RE: S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs - luke - 07-06-2019

Task 2: For this task I would say 2 things i would like to see changed. One thing I would like to change is the Cap of teams needs to be increased. With the increase in teams comes the increase in revenue for those teams, and the cap has maintained the same Cap for a very long time. It is unfair for the palyers to be getting paid as they were 5 or 10 seasons ago as the revenues for their teams keeps on getting higher and higher. We need more cap space to sign the true elite players and help keep salaries high for the 3rd liners as well. The 2nd thing I would like to see is an increase in bonuses in the league for the semi-active. Like earn this much more money if they reach this amount of TPE earned in a season, or caped TPE in a season would bring more incentive for people to be active and write, bringing more activity to the site.
169 words (nice)