Simulation Hockey League
S71 All Star Week - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S71 All Star Week (/showthread.php?tid=131769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S71 All Star Week - hockeyiscool - 07-13-2023

GM Pass

RE: S71 All Star Week - leviadan - 07-13-2023

1. Milestones link.

2a. Both Evil and Lias seem like some of the nicest people in the league, and unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to play with them. I've lined up against both in the playoffs, but Allbran was the only one who's squad got the best of my team. Granted we only played WPG once and I've had the misfortune of playing PHI many times. So purely based on frequency with which they've kicked my ass, I guess I'd rather have Allbran on my team so that he can stop kicking my ass.

2d. My player should have made the All Star game because I'm old and old guys deserve to feel like an All Star sometimes too. Did i have my run with four appearances in my prime? Sure. Do I want another one? Of course I do. It's fun to travel and meet all the other people from around the league. It's fun to see someone in a more non-competitive light.

8. I'm happy to see that my teammate Petr Svoboda made it in during the last man in vote. We already had four players make it in NEW, so I understand why he might have been left off the first round of choices. It's hard to justify taking half of a teams lineup when every team deserves a shot. That being said, Svoboda potted nearly 50 goals and almost 100 points on the second place team in the league. He was clearly a huge part of our success, and deserves it just as much as Tater and Lacksamus. I'd argue Koivu could have made it in all the same. Those four carried our offense along with Samuelsson who did make it on the defensive side. I'm a lucky guy to play on a team with so many all stars. Sad that we took an early exit from the playoffs this season but I think NEW is going to continue to compete for years to come with such a young lineup. We'll probably see four or five all star selections from them again next season.

TPE 8/8

RE: S71 All Star Week - Keven - 07-13-2023

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131807&pid=3387751#pid3387751

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?

While both players are clearly incredible, I think as of this moment I'd have to choose Evil AllBran as my champion center. Although LEG has had two back to back incredible seasons, AllBran has had sustained success over the course of a few more seasons. I'm choosing experience and reliability over the up and coming younger player.

Code:
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?

Considering the regular season alone, I think Wall and Fantobens were the better duo, but now after seeing Fantobens lift the cup with Buffalo, there's no doubt that her and Wall are the better duo. Wall is at the peak of his career and has plenty of experience with making Montreal one of the least scored on teams in the league while Fantobens has recently proven that even a young player can be an all-star quality starter.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

With Winnipeg and Edmonton earning most of the spots in the west, star defenseman Adelie de Pengu is the sole representative of the Syndicate in this season's all star game. After having a remarkable S69 and then cooling off a bit in S70, Pengu returned in S71 with another fantastic season that nearly matched the pace of S69. Of Chicago's top 2 defensemen with high ice time and time on the first power play unit, Pengu was able to rise above expectations to dominate in both offensive and defensive categories. They led Chicago defensemen in points, shots, blocks, and also strangely faceoff win percentage, somehow winning 12/33. In other categories, Pengu was still putting up great numbers such as a takeaway to giveaway ratio of 54 to 17. Pengu earned the all star spot due to this well-rounded effort over the course of the season while keeping pace with the gold standard set by the rest of the league.

RE: S71 All Star Week - 3lewsers - 07-13-2023

Milestones +3

RE: S71 All Star Week - jbay7 - 07-13-2023

Code:

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131807&pid=3388224#pid3388224

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

a. My preference would be to play with Evil AllBran. He has consistently been among the top scorers for several seasons now and has shown he can not only carry the load himself, but also can elevate teammates as he did last season with Red Kirkby. He also carried my fantasy team the one time I actually won, so you might say I have a soft spot for him. (68 words)
b. I am of course biased here as a member of Buffalo, but the answer has to be the east. Casey Fantobens has basically just carried Buffalo to the cup and has proven he can find an even higher gear when the pressure is on and the stage is brightest. Brick Wall also had a great season and his name is a fairly apt description of his performance. (67 words)

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

As alluded to above, teammate Casey Fantobens is one to keep your eye on. Fresh off one of the best goalie performances in a cup run, he has proven that he can absolutely shoulder the burden and carry his team to the ultimate prize. His play during the regular season was already great, but he took it a step further in the playoffs as Buffalo frequently would come out on top despite scoring just 2 or 3 goals per game. These games were against the best teams in the SHL as well, as Buffalo's path to the cup would pit them against all four of the top regular season teams by record. He saw plenty of offensive firepower along the way, many of whom he will be facing again in the all-star game and will be completely unfazed by the opponents looking to put the puck into the net behind him. Defense and goaltending isn't always sexy and exciting, but when it is this good, it definitely is. (171 words)

3 + 2 + 3 = 8 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - Aleris - 07-13-2023

J GM Pass

RE: S71 All Star Week - Ohtaay - 07-13-2023

Code:

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131807&pid=3388235#pid3388235

3 TPE

Code:
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

a) This is a tough one, but for me there is no looking back from Evil Allbran. Lais had a great season, but he had Rashford running step for step with him, they were a dangerous duo! Where Evil was doing much more of the work by himself and keeping plays alive solely on his own play. Truly a tremendous season. 61 words

b) Now I love me some Pingu hockey, and they had a great season as well but it is hard to look away from Samuellson. His offensive numbers are truly remarkable and he essentially had an MVP season. Playing in the open ice like the all star game will suit his style of hockey and he should be able to wheel and deal with little resistance. 65 words

2 TPE

Code:
Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)
The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Well lets start with Luke Larque from the edmonton blizzard. 29 goals, 86 points in 66 games? Thats it? Only 86 points? Im joking, he should have been in to start with but the Edmonton Blizzard had such a great season that there were too many Edmonton players to choose from! Glad to see he was voted in as it is a worthy choice. Another Edmonton player, Luca Hunziker put up 50 points only, but the kicker is he was a defenceman. He also had 164 blocks which is huge. This guy was playing all over the ice, and once again deserver the vote to make it in. Now I will say its unfortate not to see Pawter Meowski make it from Texas who had a great season in only his second season in the league, and while I understand he did not put up 86 points he did have 67 points playing for Texas who did not score nearly as many goals as edmonton.
165 words

3 TPE

8 TPE Total!

RE: S71 All Star Week - aleks - 07-13-2023

ho pass

RE: S71 All Star Week - mee - 07-13-2023

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131707&pid=3386447#pid3386447
7 milestones.. 3 TPE

Code:

d) I would say Johnny Shuffleboard belongs in the all-star game without a question. Despite playing for a middle-of-the-road Anchorage Armanda team, he still managed to come 3rd in goals, 4th in assists, and 3rd in points among defensemen. The only two defensemen ahead of him in points play for Nevada who scored far more than the Armanda. Shuffleboard is the best offensive dman in the Js. He only missed the all-star game because the Js don't have one. How the heck do I do all these tasks?

Code:

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Movable Spotlights (150 words min.)
Which player NOT on your own team are you most excited to see in action? Do you finally get the chance to cheer on a hated rival's star player as they represent your conference? Have you been tormented by a young player on a rebuilder that hasn't yet made their mark on teams out-of-conference?

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Which of your teammates (not yourself!) should be the last man in for your conference? Why should they get in, and why will it be a literal crime if they dont?

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Get Hype!
Make a hype poster for your own player! If you got into the all star game, this is a pure hype poster. If you're not in yet, this is a campaign poster for Last Man In. If you create this after Last Man In voting concludes, this is for next season!

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, The Grand Celebration!
Make a hype poster for the all star game itself! Include the season number, the fact that this is the all star game, and include at least some reference to the game's location and at least one player from each conference participating in the game.

PROCRASTINATOR TASKS:

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)
The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, That's A Wrap! (150 words min.)
All Star Game is over and [TEAM] won! Write a recap of the game! Who popped off, who disappointed, who should get in next year!

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Everyone Go Home!
All Star Game is over and [TEAM] won! Whip up a graphic for the player who, in your opinion, had the best performance! Include their stat line from the game.

Once again this is due SUNDAY, JULY 16TH at 11:59 PM PST

RE: S71 All Star Week - LordBallGag - 07-13-2023

1.  +3 TPE - Task 7

PBE affiliate. My Username is Bazooka_Joe
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=32074&view=findpost&p=603655
+3 TPE

Which of your teammates (not yourself!) should be the last man in for your conference? Why should they get in, and why will it be a literal crime if they dont?
Im going to give the nod to the whole dang Maine Timbers squad. Look, I can give you the obvious picks like Peter Tingle and Edzus Ozolins and Damien Hirano. Also, the goalie who saved the squad in multiple games, Bernard Lodge himself. But let's give a nod to one of the best Defenders in the game Trevor Warner or Darnell Johnson. The blocked shots, hits and defensive grades explain everything you need to know about these two and how they helped the Timbers grab a championship. It doesnt stop there as Bear Trapp and the dependable Mush the Dragon have helped in so many different ways for this team. In fact, Mushu has played a different position in all four of his seasons he has been down with the Timbers. Talk about dedication. So, there you have it. Not just one person but a few of my teammates who I think should get the nod and I know some won't but its a literal crime to not include some extra champions in the all-star game. 
Words 176
+3 TPE

9 but its good enough for 8 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - goilers - 07-13-2023

1 +3 TPE - Milestones

RE: S71 All Star Week - BadWolf - 07-13-2023

J gm pass

RE: S71 All Star Week - WithTheMoose - 07-13-2023

Pengu Milestones 

(3 TPE)

a. Pengu would absolutely take Lias for completely personal bias reasons. Lias shares a team with Pengu in the IIHF and also is on a team that has repeatedly knocked out Pengu and his beloved Chicago from the playoffs time and time again. This has put some deep respect into Pengu for what Lias can do and so he would deffo take Lias if given the choice for shooters. (68 words)
b. This one is easy and its going to Pengu all the way. Mostly because it'd be a shame to not pick my own player when I can! Pengu recently won a season award for best defenseman because of his insane ability to score and has now followed that up with being the best defensive defenseman in the league. He's shown that he can do it all and is a true double threat who can turn it on at any time, so he's the obvious choice. (85 words)

(5 TPE)

I absolutely believe that the player Ben Jammin from the Chciago Syndicate should make it in as the last man. Not because of his statistical prowess, but for the things he can do that you just can't quantify on the ice. He's an incredible teammate who is always positive and optimistic. He supports everyone on the team no matter what and constantly keeps morale high and keeps everyone else on the squad wanting to do their best. Be it throwing out random heart eyes or a reassuring huggers, he may be the single most positive force in the entire league. The impact that can have on a team can't be underestimated. Especially when you're talking about a game in which you have the best of the best facing off against each other. These are freak athletes at the top of their game and even the most slight of advantages could push one team past the other. So give us Ben Jammin for the morale boost alone! (166 words)

(8 TPE)

RE: S71 All Star Week - Sizz - 07-13-2023

1. Milestones: 
+3 TPE - SMJHL Milestones

a. I think there is obviously an argument to be made for both of them so I'll make it easy and say Lias Ekholm-Gunnarson simply due to the age difference. While Evil Allbran is starting to really hit regression at this point in his fine career, Lias is just hitting his first season of regression and is the easy pick currently. (60 Words)
b. All-Star games are just that... A game to let the All Stars just go out and show just how damn good they are. While a true solid defenseman is an absolute game-changer on regular team, for an All-Star game I think the offensive prowess of Börje could be the deciding factor for the East. (54 Words)
+2 TPE

Dwight Knight. What can I say about him? I think the experience he brings on the ice with him is the most useful part of his game. That's not to say he can't put the puck in the net because he still can. It's just more that it's a testament to his ability to still make the All Star game in his 16th season here in the SHL. You'd have to go all the way back to season 59 to find one where he hasn't had at least 50 pts. One of the other amazing parts of his game is his versatility. He's played every forward position and excelled at all of them through his illustrious career. One thing as of late (the last few seasons) is he's not had a great plus minus. This could also be due to the players around him and obviously in the All Star game he'll be playing with some studs so I don't expect that to be an issue. Watch out for the Knight on the ice this All Star game, he'll be looking to put a cherry on top of his career. (190 words)
+3 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - Ferda - 07-13-2023

1.) S71 Milestones

3.) Let's talk about my teammate Shoyo Hinata, the man who made it to the all-star game for the Atlanta Inferno. This dude is something else, and mark my words, he's gonna straight-up dominate the event. First things first, Shoyo's game is off the charts. I'm talking insane athleticism and crazy agility that'll leave your jaw on the floor. The guy moves like lightning, with speed and hops that'll make your head spin. When he's on the court, expect some mind-blowing acrobatics that'll have you questioning the laws of gravity. But it's not just about his physical gifts, my friend. Shoyo's got this sixth sense for the game. He can read the court like nobody's business and anticipate his opponents' moves with precision. His court vision is on point, and he's got reflexes so quick, you'd think he had a superpower. Good luck trying to defend against that! What really sets Shoyo apart is his sheer passion and never-give-up attitude. This dude lives and breathes basketball. You can see that fire burning in his eyes whenever he steps on that court. He's always pushing himself to the limit, never backing down from a challenge. That kind of grit and determination is what's gonna make him dominate the all-star game. When it's game time, Shoyo's gonna bring the heat. He'll be unleashing an offensive frenzy that'll leave defenders tripping over their own feet. His crazy moves, sick handles, and deadly shooting touch are gonna make heads spin. Get ready for some serious basketball magic, my friend, 'cause Shoyo is about to show the world why he's an all-star among all-stars. It's gonna be a sight to behold, trust me!

5.) When it comes to picking the last man in for our conference, I've gotta shout out my teammate Angus McFife XVIII from the Atlanta Inferno. Let me tell you, it would be straight-up criminal if he doesn't get in. First off, Angus brings some serious skills to the table. The guy is a beast on the ice, with lightning-fast moves, crazy agility, and a shot that'll make goalies cry. He's got that offensive power that can turn the game around in a flash. When the pressure's on, you know Angus is gonna step up and deliver. But it's not just about his skills, man. Angus is a natural leader, both on and off the ice. He's always putting in the work, setting the example for the rest of us. You'll find him at practice, giving it his all, and he's got this way of bringing the team together. It's like he's got this invisible force that motivates us all to step up our game. And let me tell you, Angus's impact on our team's success is no joke. He's a playmaker, always creating scoring chances and making his linemates shine. It's not just about the numbers on the stat sheet, though. His presence on the ice lifts the whole team up, and we wouldn't be the same without him. So, if Angus doesn't make it as the last man in, it'd be a total travesty. The guy deserves the recognition, no doubt about it. Leaving him out would be like robbing the game of some serious talent and passion. Angus McFife XVIII of the Atlanta Inferno needs to be in that lineup, no questions asked. Let's give credit where credit's due and let him show the conference what he's made of!