Simulation Hockey League
S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen (/showthread.php?tid=121809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - SlashACM - 01-31-2022

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- Your team chef just quit after being ordered to make "pilk" one too many times, and now the job falls onto you!

Written Task: Your new job as team chef begins today! What do you make for everyone? Do you take orders, or do you pick what's served? Are you trying to help them stay energized for games, or do you try and poison them as revenge for making the last chef quit? What kind of weird stuff do your teammates order? Go crazy (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict your render in a chef hat, making an order for a teammate. If they requested it, depict them placing an order, if you pick the meals, create a meal board announcing today's special.

PROMPT 2- Or maybe the team chef was happy to serve "pilk" to the masses...

Written Task:  Describe your player's meal plan to get ready for games. Do you have a regimen that you closely follow to ensure peak fitness? Or do you eat whatever the hell you want? What about on your days off? This task is all about FOOOOOD so talk about it until you hit 150 words. (150+ words).

Graphic Task:- Depict your player eating their favorite meal. Could be a gameday pasta or an offday pizza. Include a text bubble thats says "MMMM" and describe why this is your player's favorite.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, February 6rd at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WSLB thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - Leafs4ever - 01-31-2022

I try to keep my diet strict during the week so I can maintain a strong and healthy body. The weekends, though, I like to treat myself more.

During the week I like to start of my mornings with a nice cup of coffee, a bowl of oatmeal with some fruit cut up, a couple of eggs, and some ham/bacon/sausage. I don't snack much, but when I do it's some veggies. For lunch I love a good soup and/or sandwich. For dinner, it's some combination of meat, veggies, starch. I love a big plate of chicken, rice, and greek salad. If it's pork/beef, I like a root veggie like broccoli or cauliflower, or some brussels sprouts.

On the weekend, I like eat my favourites growing up. I almost always have a couple of grilled cheese. It's my weakness food, and while not really that unhealthy, it's still not something you should eat everyday. The main culprit is snacking on the weekend, where I like to indulge in some ice cream and chips.

I love my food, but all in moderation.

(184 words)

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - JamesT - 01-31-2022

Code:
Written Task:  Describe your player's meal plan to get ready for games. Do you have a regimen that you closely follow to ensure peak fitness? Or do you eat whatever the hell you want? What about on your days off? This task is all about FOOOOOD so talk about it until you hit 150 words. (150+ words).

Ben Jammin is very hungry and always needs a good pre-game meal to prepare himself for the game that day/evening. Bananas are at the top of the list, banana milkshakes are always the drink of choice for Ben and if he is unable to consume a banana milkshake he will throw a tantrum in the team cafeteria room. Root beer floats are also a drink Ben enjoys as he aims to have one at least once a week before game time. 

For the meal, Ben has a wide appetite when it comes to what he wants to eat. It can vary from spaghetti and meatballs, or a juicy hamburger that Ben ordered from McDonald's on the drive to the arena. There was one day when teammates reported seeing Ben consume a banana burger.

On Ben's days off from the game of hockey, Ben enjoys casual foods such as sushi, pizza, dumplings, pho, ramen and visiting dessert cafes with his friends. 

(161 words)

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - yosh - 01-31-2022

I have chosen to answer in response to the first prompt:

With news that our legendary chef has stepped down due to excessive requests for making pilk, Vaseline Podcalzone has volunteered to become the chef for the Seattle Argonauts. Pod is not necessarily a bad chef, by any means, but that does not make him a great chef either. From undercooking chicken ("uh oh", said JUST after receiving, essentially, chicken sashimi) to overcooking burgers ("didn't know charcoal was on the menu", said Kermit Murphy, looking in absolute disgust at his shrunken and burnt burger).

Nevertheless, one recipe that Vaseline Podcalzone has conveniently mastered is that of the ketchup noodles, a delightful delicacy that coincidentally happens to be Liam Slate's favorite dish. Pod prepares a box of Kraft Dinner, imported in from Canada since apparently American Kraft Mac and Cheese isn't up to par to what Liam Slate is used to from his time in Edmonton and Toronto. Finally, cheese powder and ketchup are mixed into the noodles, cooked longer than the box says, making a cheesy and ketchupy delight!

WC: 182

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - Yagoyi - 01-31-2022

pt pass

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - Aurora - 01-31-2022

Link

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - ValorX77 - 01-31-2022

ISFL Affiliate PT

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - leviadan - 01-31-2022

PT pass, sadly. Would love to write this one but it's illegal.

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - hhh81 - 01-31-2022

wsbl affiliation

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - ZootTX - 01-31-2022

ISFL affiliate PT

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - Rankle - 01-31-2022

PBE PT

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - TheSparkyDee - 01-31-2022

PT pass

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - Evil_AllBran - 01-31-2022

Prompt 1:

[Image: R1YgfAl.png]

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - leafsftw1967 - 01-31-2022

Prompt 2: My player's meal plan to get ready for games is not really complex as Marner has always lived by the philosophy that you can eat pretty much whatever you want as long as you work it off in the gym, on the ice and through off the ice cardio. Some of Marner’s favorite meals are his mom’s home cooked Ukrainian food which include perogies, cabbage rolls, beat soup, and raspberry jelly filled donuts. Another thing Marner loves is his smoothies. He has got a custom high end smoothie maker in his kitchen and loves to start the day with one before his morning workout. His favorite smoothies usually have some banana, mango, avocado, peanut butter, and milk in them and will sometimes also throw in some protein powder to help with strength building. Overall Mats Marner is not really a picky eater and will have anything as long as it is not too spicy.

RE: S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen - bluesfan55 - 01-31-2022

prompt 1

it is time for me, simulation hockey league superstar mitchell van der heijden of the simulation hockey league's premier hockey franchise the hamilton steelhawks, to cook delicious dutch meals for my beloved hamilton steelhawks, which is a simulation hockey league franchise by the way, teammates. as a proud citizen of the netherlands, which is a european country, i will make my teammates a good old dutch european meal. the meal i will make for my simulation hockey league teammates will be kibbeling. kibbeling, a dutch food, is deep fried cod so basically the dutch version of united kingdom food staple fish and chips. when my hamilton steelhawks teammates have finished my beloved dutch food known as kibbeling, i shall make them a good dutch dessert. that good dutch dessert is stroopwafel, a soft caramel waffle cookie that you can find in the netherlands. i hope my teammates enjoy their dutch food!