Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- Alex Reed - 07-16-2016

1) How did you find us? A friend (morphinecv) suggested I should check this out.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It is easy to navigate but there are so many things to do as a new player it is a bit overwhelming!

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not much trouble creating with the handy links available.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Written and yes, without it I would have been toast.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I would be up for anything!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I think you have it well in hand for new members, even going so far as to assign me a rookie mentor which I thought was a great touch. My suggestion would be to pat yourselves on the back for a well created site.

- LosGlennos - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit, through /r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Hmm.. still trying to figure things out, but I'm getting there.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
The video tutorial was pretty straight forward.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, yes it did!

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Prospect tournament would be nice!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Maybe a subject on which members that have specific roles so you know who to contact with specific questions.

- Dangles13 - 07-21-2016

Quote:Originally posted by LosGlennos@Jul 21 2016, 06:41 AM

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Maybe a subject on which members that have specific roles so you know who to contact with specific questions.[/b]

Love this idea and I've had it on my list for some time but I've been distracted. I'll try to get to it soon though. :lol:

- WinstonKodogo587 - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?

I saw a thread about the league in Reddit's Hockey subreddit.

It is relatively easy to navigate the site once you've got the hang of it but before that navigating between threads can be a little tricky.

I had some difficulty in understanding the use of TPE but once I read over the example and the PT I was able to get the hang of it.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I did not use the video or the written tutorial.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

A prospect tournament is a fantastic idea and I would enjoy doing that.

I cannot think of something which has not been said by somebody else already.

- AtomikMK - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
Not really
Yes
Yes, and yes.
More ways to get TPE
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.Make things easier to access

- Rabidsponge21 - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
Yes and No? The threads were super helpful to get started, but earning extra TPE as a new comer is a bit overwhelming, SO many windows open!
No, was pretty straight forward I feel.
Yes, and yes.
More ways to get TPE
Create sub pages rather than forum posts if possible or even a google spread sheet with things all pretty and colour coded to make it as easy as possible to encourage sign ups!

- KennyLoggins - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
I saw a reddit thread this morning!

It`s a little tricky at first, but I don`t think it`s so hard as to deter players.

Nope! Once I found the player creation guide it was smooth sailing.
Yes I did. Yes I feel it helped quite a bit and was easy to follow.
Anything really, for now I`m just going to explore the site and see what I can add to my player.
Maybe a front and center series of video guides to show the basics of the site: Player creation, growing your player, etc

- suir - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
Through reddit on r/hockey

It's easy to navigate after a little while getting used to the layout.

No, it was painless and easy.

No

I don't know really

I really don't know.

- Flowseidon - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us? Reddit post. Instantly came over

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It can be a little confusing to find some topics from the main page.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Used the written tutorial, it was great!

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Would love to do a prospect tournament

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Navigation can be a little tough, some useful links posted somewhere would be awesome.

- biggy_dooberman - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit, was here about .2 seconds after /u/biggy_dooberman

Took a few minutes but yes

Nope!

Written, as i am at work

Definitely prospect tournament

Still perusing so not as of right now!

- CampinKiller - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?

Someone posted recently on /r/hockey, seemed interesting.

Sort of. Bit confusing to find things after they aren't linked for convenience.

Not really.

I referenced the written one a few times to make sure what I was doing was right, so yup.

Prospect Tournament, figure out training and progression.

Make sub-boards easier to find.

- Tomen - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?

Reddit post in r/hockey.

It is not really easy but manageable.

The tutorials help a lot Smile

Yes, they really did !

Yeah a Prospect Tournament would be great.

I can not think of something that has not been said already.

- Mack - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us? - Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It is easy to navigate, I do find having multiple monitors very hand to have more windows open.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No trouble

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written guide and it made it very easy to understand.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I wish I knew about this sooner but being as the draft is 4 days away I will be spending most of my time improving my player as much as I can before that.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. It would be nice if the forums had a big simple button on each post that linked to that specific comment quickly. But it's a minor complaint.

- InciteHysteria - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us? Reddit. Currently a member of a Sim League and this really sparked my interest.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not really. It's been a bit overwhelming at times. Still trying to find where I need to post what and how to prepare for the draft.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not really any at all. Stats workout and video helped a lot.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? The video tutorial and it helped quite a lot. Still slightly lost though.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament sounds awesome. But it's still fairly close.

You have a lot of info to get across to new members. I think the best way to give people new info is to break it down very easily. You've done a fairly good job though.

- Waters - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
reddit
Not really, but you get the hang of it
Not at all, it was very clear what the protocol was.
Yes, and it did help.
Sure, anything to test my skills.
There's not much to suggest, forums/sites are kind of innately flawed like that in a sense. But the site is still great, and once I start getting into games, I can definitely see myself recommending it to my friends!