Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- Avakael - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Not super easy but that's mostly because it's huge.
3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Little bit, just required following instructions.
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written explanation of what the statistics did, and it helped (I hope).
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Get a better understanding of how it all works.
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Integrate the player calculator into the site as a flexible form script page that lets players directly submit characters through that page as a new topic.

- JKortesi81 - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?

My friend Scott Escobar told me about it .

So far so good. I'd say so.

Not at all.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I read some stuff, and it did help. I liked the player builder the most.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I'm always a fan of tournaments.

I haven't had time to figure out anything you could do better yet! haha.

- ToeDragon84 - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?

The r/hockey post

Fairly easy enough, I am still just reading through everything totally not aware of it all.

Mostly spent my time just deciding what position to play, and how I could set myself apart from all the other goddam two way forward centers that are in this upcoming draft.

Yeah I watched the video, but got distracted and turned it off, reading the posts was more helpful.

I want to eat ice cream and act like I have a life

I think you guys are too good there are a bunch of welcoming people and they answer questions so keep on keeping on. and give me my tpe

- HillsHaveHats - 07-21-2016

1) How did you find us?
Megathread on /r/hockey!

Once I start clicking around it gets easier. considering how deep the site is it's about as easy as it could be!

Nope! the video tutorial made it very easy. all of the first TP update threads I could find were locked though, so I'm out a point :(

Video tutorial, yup!

prospect tournaments! training camps, stuff like that, get as much real feel as possible!

Make it easier to find the update and player pages, or maybe I'm just dumb

- twils - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?
Through a post on reddit in /r/hockey

The site took a few hours to figure out. It was very confusing at first, but I think I can now fully understand it after a couple hours.

Creating my player was easy. It took a little while to figure out how the training system works.

I used the written tutorial to help me. It was very helpful. I would not have been able to get the hang of it without the tutorial.

Some sort of tournament to get a sense of how the games and teams work before starting the season would be enjoyable.

There are a bunch of guides for newbies, which causes some extra confusion. The older ones sometimes have different information than the new ones.

- bk1689 - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?
/r/hockey

It took a little bit, but now for the most part I can find my way around

None at all

I used the written tutorial. Yes it did help as I'm sure I would of been lost without it

Prospect tourney would be great, as well I'd like a chance for the people that join up closer to the draft to show there skills off as well

Maybe have a designated welcome committee that will help you get up and going. I had someone actually pm me to answer any question which was nice. But if they wouldn't of I would of felt like I was bothering someone by just messaging a person out of the blue

- Whigparty11 - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?

I am not sure how I originally found the site, but I rediscovered it on r/hockey yesterday!

Yes, I always found it easy to navigate.

I did have a little trouble. It was my fault and just forgetting how some stuff worked.

I used the written tutorial.

I love the addition of the prospect tournaments

Still exploring! I will make suggestions if any ideas pop in my head in the future!

- TrazanApanzzon - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?
Saw VBottas17 reddit post over at /R/Hockey

Not really, atleast not for me who isn't really used to the forum-type layout. but it get easier every minute and just after an hour or so it's starting to make sense :D

Not really, Everything was explained very well in the guides.

Yes i used the written tutorial and it was great, Without it i doubt i would be able to create my player.

Prospect tournament sounds great. Maybe a kinda Q and A kind of thread for all the prospect to answer for all the teams to go in and read a little about the players eligible for the draft.

Can't really think of any, The guides are really good and if you just take you'r time reading through them everything is really there.and if you can't find what your'e looking for People are reaching out asking if you need help so you always got someone to ask.

- NYITILIDIE1999 - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us? Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I haven't tried to navigate yet, I'm just following the links I was sent in a message

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the player calculator if that counts

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament or draft combine would be awesome

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I'll come back and do this when I've seen more

- celejhammer - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?

My buddy whigparty11 sent me the link to the reddit post yesterday.

I am not finding it easy at all, but I am new to being on a forum, I'm sure it'll become easier.

Not really.

I used the written tutorial and the builder tool.

I am not sure, a prospect tournament sounds fun though.

If someone is new to a forum format I'm not sure there's much you could do. I think that getting started and creating a player is pretty easy as it is.

- nkronck - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us? Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Challenging at times. Need more drop downs or quick access menus.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? That was the easier part

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Nope

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I'm patient

Quick links, more comprehensive FAQ, overview, wiki style. better navigation in site.

- Slowpoke - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey

Yes after a few minutes clicking around randomly

No, that was pretty straight forward.

I used the written, I learn better that way. It was very useful.

Prospect tournament would be great, scrimmages, anything to see how the season will go.

If I missed it I apologize, but a help section with formatting tips, quick links to signature rules, etc etc.

- Canuckstudmuffin - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
Not so much
No it was straightforward
I used the written one which helped a lot
Introduction to the league, tutorial of what to do
Make the process for rookies a lot simpler, maybe give a step by step guide to getting set up correctly

- daBenchwarmer - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?

/r/hockey post

Oh yeah.

Not really no.

No.

Definitely something like what the CHL does, like a prospect tournament.

An easier process for us rookies to follow, like a step-by-step guide?

- PorousAlec - 07-22-2016

1) How did you find us?
I saw a post on reddit talking about this league.
It is, but I still had to do a bit of searching to find some things.
No, I just took a couple hours because I nitpicked everything.
The written tutorial by Dangles13 was incredibly helpful.
Definitely want to get in shape and get some nice TPE while I await the draft. The prospect tourney does sound like a bunch of fun as well.
It took a bit of digging, for me at least, to figure out how to link things, but it might have been my incompetence.