Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - uhh - 08-04-2019

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post on r/hockey every now and then. I never actually checked it out until now.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
[b]Yeah, for the most part. There's a lot going on in the forum layout. I do wish there was more stuff in the top menu.
[/b]

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No. The player creation page was really nice

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No. I'm not really big on videos. Reading is faster for me.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Whatever I'm allowed to do, I guess. This place looks pretty neat.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Put more of the navigation links in the top menu bar.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - rathmourn - 08-04-2019

1) How did you find us?

Through the /r/hockey reddit post.

Yes and no. Yes to get to the sign ups. No in terms of where to go and what to do after you create the player and do your first "workout." I think a more structured flow for what to do while you are undrafted/prospect, or at least pointing towards those forums would be beneficial.

Nope, not really. I lucked on in-depth stat discussions before I created, glad I did.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Written yes, video, no. But that's just because I was on my lunch break at work.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Maybe some more tasks to ease you into the navigation of the site and how the actual structure of the league sim will go? A prospect scrimmage perhaps?

A welcome splash/modal for new players to provide them an easy to follow checklist initially. I found I had a ton of tabs open for a couple of hours to figure things out.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - gurbs - 08-05-2019

1) How did you find us? - Reddit, r/hockey

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Fairly, once you scroll through it for a few minutes. Threads can be confusing at first. 

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No not really. 

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I made my player a day before the draft, so I didn't really have to do any waiting. Prospect tournament sounds interesting so it can show us what our player can kind of do. 

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Updating your player. As a newcomer, I was confused at first on what to do. I eventually figured it out after some help. I do appreciate how helpful everyone is. 

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Clayroo - 08-07-2019

1) How did you find us? I came across a post in /r/hockey (Reddit)

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It was a little overwhelming, but with some help I am getting the hang of it.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? This part was actually pretty easy. 

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? The video could have been a bit louder but it was helpful in starting off. The written part while precise is still a little jumpy and hard to remember where I left off. 

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Maybe a player profile for us to fill out on some background information for anyone to read up on. 

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.  Have someone already on the team "mentor" a new draftee (like a veteran takes on a rookie) because without my GM coming to find out if I was alive I probably would have just quit in confusion.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Bauer - 08-08-2019

Code:
Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
1. I heard people talking about in PBE and decided to join.

2. It's definitely a learning curve, but I figured it out pretty quickly

3. That I had no issue with, that was as easy as you can make it.

4. I didn't use any tutorials because I figured it was close enough to PBE.

5. Prospect tournaments are nice, but I joined at a good time because I get to play a full season before getting drafted to the SHL.

6. The only thing I would change is some of the rookie links send you to the old website, probably get rid of those.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - KlusteR - 08-08-2019

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread created in /r/hockey. I was interested, created a player absent-mindedly on Friday night just before a weekend in the boonies... What a welcome back to civilization!

A bit confusing at first, for sure. Getting the hang of your update thread was probably the biggest learning curve. Once you sift through all the different forums, it's much easier.

No, none at all. The form is very intuitive, the TPE scale is well explained - no complaints on my part.

I saw a thread on how to build a certain type of goalie, ran with it, and it looks good so far!

I didn't even have to wait! I received several offers from SMJHL GMs while I was away on the weekend, since I created after the draft but before the season started, so it's been a hurricane of emotions so far!

Maybe update the rookie locker room pinned threads? There are several links still pointing to the old website, and that can create a lot of confusion for new members.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Fitted2106 - 08-13-2019

How did you find us?

Google was searching for mobile gm hockey games found the site and was curious.

Its a touch complicated day one but with the community and how to fourums i beggining to get a grasp here on day 3 alot of great mentors here.

3did you have any trouble creating your player?

Just one not realizing defence is positioning other than that everything went smoothly

I did use it i gained much more insight from mentors however

5) What would you like to do while
waiting for the SMJHL Draft?

I came along after the draft.

[6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Can't think of any the site has tons of depth and mentors i dont really know a way to do better

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - acdangel - 08-14-2019

1) How did you find us?
There was a reddit thread posted about it a few weeks ago. I was intrigued.

The first day or two was a little difficult, but it gets easy pretty quickly

Nope, that part was really easy!

I used the written tutorial, and I found it super helpful.

I enjoyed the prospect tournament while waiting for the draft.

Maybe condense some of the threads a bit more? It really isn't too tough after a day or two to use.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - dynamite - 08-17-2019

1) How did you find us?
One of my friends gave me the link to the league, @CleverPin

I had someone helping me out which I'm sure made it a lot easier to do.

Not really, again, a walk through definitely helped me out.

No, I did not. I did use the one for updating though.

Uhhh, I'm already on the Outlaws so I guess this doesn't apply to me.

Organize things a little bit better for starting tasks, I've had to jump around the site a ton between forums and stuff and it got pretty confusing having all the tabs open.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Syd - 09-01-2019

1) How did you find us?
@CleverPin randomly sent me a message to join the league, decided to go with it and now I'm here.

Not really if I'm being honest, I've had my fair share of difficulties so far.

Not a whole lot, the Create A Player screen is comprehensive and easy to follow.

I did not, I only used the Create A Player screen.

A prospect tournament would be awesome! I'd also love to see some additional ways to earn TPE because once I'm done this I think I'm done everything.

I'm not sure I really have any suggestions to add since I'm such a fresh face on the site, I haven't really had any time to find problems.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Grum - 09-01-2019

1) How did you find us?

Friend of mine, TnlAstatine, told me to join

Confusing at first but slowly getting the hang of it

Not really tho my friend walked me through it so it was pretty easy

Yes, it helped me understand how to do it and understand the TPE system

Prospect tourney sounds fun

Anything that would make updating or keeping track of points would be appreciated

RE: - jtwilson1214 - 09-03-2019

1. r/hockey subreddit

2. For the most part, there are some things that are a little unintuitive such as banking but for the most part, any small problems are easily fixed by asking guys in your team's discord

3. It took me a while to understand what the update thread/systems were but that wasn't really a big problem as my first couple updaters corrected things like update scale for me

4. Yes, and it is very helpful at the beginning. It gets a little less helpful later on just due to the site getting more complicated overall but that can't really be helped

5. I didn't wait very long for the draft to take place so I don't have a good experience on what I'd like to have happened. I'd say maybe some sort of easy article new players could write that would maybe help them through that aspect.

6. Go through and do an update of the new player threads. It's not often but every now and again you find a link there or some instruction that is now out of date (IE Twitter).

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - KC15 - 09-06-2019

1) How did you find us?

PBE affiliate with plenty of discord chat about the SHL.

Yes.  Of course, I'm going a little slower than I will later on, but things seem to be laid out very logically.

None.  I did follow the video tutorial and talked with players in discord first, but the plug and play ease of the creator is great.

Yes, as I used both the video and written material and it was quite helpful.

I would love to do a Prospect Tournament.  It was a highlight of my first weeks in PBE.  I also plan on writing some media to earn a little kwan.

I'm not sure what I'd suggest at this point.  I haven't really got caught off guard by anything.  Wasn't sure where the index was at first, so maybe some labeling around that?

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - FreakinAnime - 09-23-2019

1) How did you find us?
StamkosFan told me about the league.

It's a little bit confusing but with help it's ok.

A little bit but once I was told about the create a player program I was fine.

I looked at it to find how to do training but mostly just talked to people and got help on discord.

A prospect tournament sounds very fun.

I think everything should be in one place and you should have the rookie discord in the same server as the normal discord because it gets confusing.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - HyperboleJoe - 09-24-2019

1) How did you find us?

I joined the PBE about 6 months ago through a Reddit recruitment. I've been enjoying that and was recruited by StamkosFan through PBE.

Yes, but I now have an understanding of how these leagues are structured, so that helps a lot. If I didn't have that experience, it might be different. However, the layout and direction of the rookie introduction is great. I hope the PBE can get something as streamlined as that for new players. Really helpful whether new or old.

No trouble at all using the Create a Player feature.

Written tutorial and it has helped a great deal. I also have a mentor on the side leading me along.

Just hang around and get to know the other newcomers. Nothing jumps to mind at the moment, but I'll edit this if anything does, or suggest it elsewhere.

It's all laid out pretty well. I was pretty confused joining the PBE as that was my first online sim league like this. That's helped a great deal in understanding the layout here. I imagine anyone coming from another sim league is going to enjoy the site here, but a newcomer is just going to need to ask questions and poke around. The tutorial is really helpful and should get everyone up to speed quickly.