Simulation Hockey League
S41 PT #1 - New Wave - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S41 PT #1 - New Wave (/showthread.php?tid=86255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Pris - 05-22-2018

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS ONLY.

Scenario: Regression is always staring down players, whether actively or in the future. All good things must come to an end, and you get to start anew. Have you thought about it yet?

Written task: What do you think you'll make when you recreate? Write 150 words about who your next player might be. Who will they be? What's their story? What kind of player? Must be at least 150 words and include a player name, nationality, position, and an archetype.

Graphic Task: Make a potential sig for your next player. Must include a render and a player name.

You will be awarded 3 capped TPE for meeting all the requirements.

This PT will close Tuesday, May 29th, at 7 pm EST.

[Thank you to <a href='index.php?showuser=2274' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>Rabidsponge21</a> for the great submission!]

- Ace - 05-22-2018

When I decide to recreate, I believe I’ll try my hand at a competent goaltender again. Ace Dafoe was on the right track until he was tragically sidelined by a case of I got way too busy in real life. He still performed admirably as the Winnipeg backup, but I would much prefer to be a TPE whore and rack up the TEPs as a goaltender the next go-around. I believe that my goaltender will be named Touncy Bitties, the lost orphan child who, upon realization, would be legitimized by his father, Blizzard center Tigole Bitties. As you can probably tell with that background, that whole process is a long time away. Touncy Bitties will always hold a portion of his Danish and Greenlander heritage close to his heart, but he’ll only feel that one place is home – the bitter cold embrace that is Edmonton Alberta. It will only be Edmonton that he’ll hone his craft as a hybrid goaltender, until the SMJHL draft decides to take his path elsewhere.

- Jearim - 05-22-2018

[Image: CUeKRod.jpg]

- Slowpoke - 05-22-2018

I still have some time before regression forces me to retire, but I would be lying if I said I hadn’t put some thought into what the next step is. I did the forward thing with Horvat and got mixed results. I think it would have gone differently if I hadn’t committed so much TPE to Face Offs in the middle of my career, but I don’t think I want to try that again. Goalie? Not really my cup of tea. Defenseman on the other hand? That will probably be the direction I go in. A defensive defender, or even an enforcer is probably what I will do since I have an interest in forging my own path and everyone else seems focused on OFD. I also want to break all those records set by Danny Foster…. I still have some time, so who knows. For all I know I will just make another go at a physical winger and fix all the mistakes I made the first time around.

- crutch - 05-22-2018

[Image: WEf7wtw.png]

- dankoa - 05-22-2018

Having just recreated last season it's not really that easy to think exactly what position I would shoot for if I was to recreate again, but probably forward again. I have experience with goalie from other leagues I'm in and it's a frustrating position at times and not something I would particularly be enthused to try in the SHL, I don't get much favour from Simon T as it is and I feel like that would just be tempting fate. Defenseman is going okay so far, I'm not quite as interested in it as I was with forward but it's what the team needs, and after 15-20 seasons of this I probably wouldn't want to try it again. I can say with some sense of certainty that my recreate would be a forward, probably a shoot first one, and he would more than likely be another Karlsson, whether that's Daniel's brother or maybe his own son, bringing in three generations of the family.

Code:
163 words

- kckolbe - 05-22-2018

Admittedly, my character is still quite early in his career, so I see regression as a thing that allows him to eventually be more significant. I figure I have about 2 years of real life time (holy shit, by the way) before I really need to start thinking about it, and I think the biggest factor will be how much money I have in the bank account. If running kinda low, I’ll probably rock a goalie and avoid spending money, building up the bank account for a while. I’d probably go hybrid goalie, and make rebound control a weakness. I think it would be funny to just NEVER raise that attribute and take 50 shots a game. At the moment, I would probably make his last name Izzy, since Coach Biz has been cool as shit to me. That means I’d have to roll him as an Austrian, but oh well.

- mstuk41 - 05-22-2018

As a member with a player from the S20 draft still out there trying to help my team to win, this has been on my mind quite a bit lately. Nicholas Pedersen's retirement is right around the corner, with my next player, I'm going to put the pass first forward behind me, and try to build a player that brings a more physical game out there. As for a name, I have not gotten that far just yet, so for this PT #1's sake I will go one simple name: Pedersen , I do know that my next player will not be playing IIHF for the UK. As an American, I plan on making a player that comes from my home state of Connecticut, and play for the USA in IIHF. I have two goals, other than adding to my 4 SHL Cups, for the new Pedersen: win a junior Championship and to win IIHF gold. I'm not sure I have it in me to build another superstar, but I'm going to give it a go in the near future.

- GoonerBear - 05-22-2018

Name: Arthur MacIntyre
Nationality: United Kingdom/United States
Position: RW
Archetype: Sniper

When I recreate, I will probably try my hand at the forward life. Perhaps I could establish a legacy with the recreate. Arthur MacIntyre, right winger, (yet-to-be) son of current defenseman Reginald MacIntyre and an American mother.

Having grown up in North America, in a culture where hockey is much easier to get into, Arthur would have the environment, training and competition to harness his potential and surpass his father's agility, maneuvering, shooting and all-around offensive capabilities.

Having watched his father play from an early age, he, too, became enamored with hockey. Though, as he dove in more, he found himself more fascinated with playing a forward position and watching his father's peers at the point of the attack. Part of it may have been just seeing his father every day and wanting to see something new when he watched. Inspired to play forward and knowing he would have stiff competition from a lot of the other children, he would go on a complete 180 from his father's style to be a sniper.

Arthur would have a dilemma on his hands on declaring nationality. On the one hand, his father's United Kingdom heritage would qualify him for their team and continue the legacy. On the other, his ambition would draw him to consider the United States team, the nation of his and his mother's birth. In the end, what the UK could offer early on would draw him to opportunity - to compete with his peers on open ice and for Arthur to at least honor the origin of his hockey legacy. Though, that's not to say he might change allegiances later...

- jcfbey01 - 05-22-2018

When I recreate, which will be in a long time, I plan on going with a defender. Mainly, an offensive Defenseman that also has some nice defensive benefits as well. Truly, I have no idea what theme I will go with when making my new player, probably something that has to deal with a meme at that time, knowing me. The player would be one that you can play on both the powerplay and the penalty kill due to what I want to build at the players peak, and he will also have the endurance to be able to play that much.

Right now, I would probably name him Defend D. Ball from Latvia, being another descendent out of Latvia from Lavar Ball. And while his name is focused on defending, he will be an offensive Defenseman archetype. His story will mainly be that Lavar had another son accidentally and was trying to fight having to pay child support bills, and said that defense was the best offense, and named him that. Afterwards, he has dedicated his life to be the best player ever at defending and also playing offense.

- BarnabasCollins - 05-22-2018

Well having just recreated this is kind of a difficult task to project. Since I've had a defenseman and now a goalie I imagine I'd make a forward next. probably a power forward since there aren't really that many elite ones in the SHL. I always thought it would be cool to have a Bob Probert type of guy, kick ass fighter who could score a bunch as well. Not quite sure that is possible with Simon T but it would be interesting to find out for sure. The nationality of course would be Sweden as I like to stay loyal and it's the country both of my players have been with.I would also have to come up with an old school wrestler name of course to continue with that theme. May have to go with Virgil Riley Runnels Jr. aka The American Dream Dusty Rhodes. That would be quite the progression of player personas from the Nature Boy to Randy Savage to Dusty Rhodes and then having made one of each, a defender, a goalie and a forward would probably be the most rewarding way for me to go.

- Barracuda - 05-22-2018

Seeing as I am a first time SHL Player, I have quite a while to think about what I want to go with my recreate. I will probably still with being a goaltender. When I do recreate, I will probably make the goalie a Hybrid. For the nationality, I would most likely sticking to the United States, although that could change as time goes on, and I get closer to actually making a recreate. Not sure what my Goalie's name would be, but when The time comes, I will probably pick something like Roger Santos. Roger Santos would be Greg Santos' little brother. I think if I ended up not choosing a goalie, I would probably go for either defensemen on a center player. The name and nationality for that would stay the same. But as I said before, I have a long time to even think about where I want to go with my recreate.

- Leafs4ever - 05-22-2018

While it's still early in the career of Hercules Rockefeller, I guess I can start to think about who would come next. I've gone through 3 defensemen and currently going through my first forward so I'm not sure what route to take yet. Goalie is intriguing, but with limited spots available I don't see myself going that way. My comfort zone is at defense, but having done that 3 times already I might not go back just yet.

All my players have been offense first types so I think my next player will be a power forward type. I'd like to build a balanced player who can throw the body and still pot points. I've never had a player who hits a bunch so it would definitely be a change of pace. The name is still to be determined because that takes time and research to decide (lots of Simpsons characters to go through). He would be Canadian and play on the wing, right side this time just to be different. He'll come from a long line of players who have graduated from the Littleton School of Sim. So look out for the Canadian power forward on right wing in the distant future.

(203 words)

- adamantium - 05-22-2018

This is sort of tough. I'm eight seasons into Kruger at this point, with a few seasons left before trying to stave off regression. I'm coming up on what I'd like to be Kruger's capped build. But being a bit later into his career than some of the rookies here, it's a little easier to talk about my future on the site.

I think my intial thought was a goaltender of some sort--of course, it takes more time to get serious playing time as a netminder and building one feels way different, way harder. Way less interesting, with no scoring or defensive stats to keep track of, just wins, losses and your averages. So maybe that's an option in the future, I haven't decided yet.

That in mind, I've also had an idea for a forward. Étienne Campbell, born in Laval to a British father and a Quebecois mother. Sniping LW, grew up watching guys in the Militia and in the SHL who spent their whole time potting goals and ruining goaltenders days. IIHF allegiance could lie with either the UK or with Canada, though he identifies more with his father's side. Just an idea I had floating around. Much more fleshed out than the goaltender.

- thedangazone - 05-22-2018

[Image: Marchy.png]