Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

The mvp award is the most coveted trophy behind the four star cup itself so let's dive into who I think will walk away with this year's MVP

Your front runner has to be Alexss Ivanova for the simple reason he leads the league in goals and assists, simple as that. Despite being such a dynamic offensive force he also puts in the work on defense. With this good two way game he's putting a powerful claim to win the Mvp. One thing he has going against him is he's on the best line in the SMJHL, and you might be wondering why this could be a negative. You could argue it's the best line because of Alekss, however his linemates are 2nd and 3rd in overall scoring respectively, which I think takes away from the appeal of his season knowing he's playing with 2 other super star caliber players. Despite all that I still think he runs away with the trophy, I don't think Tony soprano can challenge him with a -13 on the season and Peter tingles offensive stats might not be high enough to compete.