Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023 hd a pretty poor season but I guess that's to be expected as I joined the draft class pretty late and played on the last place team. In 24 games, RIP TD had only 1 goal and 6 assists for a total of 7 points. He was a -12, which is bad, but considering some players on the Grizzlies we're into the -40's and -50's. 17 takeaways to 5 giveaways is pretty decent, so I can be happy with how I am handling the puck. 38 blocks and 37 hits means RIP TD was getting at least 1 of each for most games. While I expected maybe a few more points, I can't be too unhappy with how the season went with RIP TD. I'm excited to head into the next season with a more defined role focusing on hitting and offense.

152 words

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

If I'm going to be honest here. I personally did not have a great regular season, for my very first season in the league. I'm not one to make excuses but it may have been exasperated by being played at Centre at times a position which I wasn't really familiar with as I hadn't played there since bantam. I took loads of shots during the season apparently well over one hundred of them but I only scored 9 goals in total and despite being a play maker I was not getting as many assists as I would have liked to either scraping together 22 of them. I was quite happy with my playoff performance though, I'll toot my own trumpet here and say I was absolutely electric at times scoring 5 goals in around 20 shots but I only got 2 assists. I'm clearly going to have to work on my passing a bit during the offseason. 

178 words

I think personally I am pleasantly surprised at my performance. I was given a bigger role in the team than maybe advisable to a complete rookie, but Hlemmy has exceeded expectation, shown great defensive play, had offensive flashes leading to a not all too shabby point total, and has overall been a great start to a hopefully successful run with the Grizzlies. We were in the 3 team division, meaning we autoqualified for the playoffs, and we took a game off of an opponent I think we didn't expect much against, and played some other really close games, so overall I have to say this was a very nice start for the young snail defenseman, and hopefully this level of performance not only continues onwards, but improves and gets better and better. Ideally, the Grizzlies continue improving with the upcoming drafts, and with a strong core we can compete for some decent silverware, but I think as personally, this season was a reasonably succesful one.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

PBE Affiliate PT +4 TPE

There we positives and negatives in this whole first season.

Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen did very well in my honest opinion: he scored a good bit and assisted an even better bit. He wasn't far off from the league's leaders and that's a promising sign that I take as a good positive. But in the team's terms, going out that early wasn't exactly something I would consider favourable. In fact, call it a negative situation. We should've made it through yet we didn't.

Sure, someone has to drop and all but I think if we had another shot, we'd have pulled it through. So yeah, not happy about that but the juniors are a very volatile environment. Maybe next season will be better for us, who knows? I do know I'll be improving with the help of my teammates though, seems like a very positive place to be and while we don't have much to show for it right now, I'm sure we'll be pulling some stuff sooner than you'd think. Just my two cents though, don't call it some sort of guarantee... I'd rather have it be a natural progression if you catch my drift.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

PBE Affiliate

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

Artturi Lappalainen certainly did... well, pretty decent to say the least with the St. Louis Scarecrows in his first Simulation Major Junior Hockey League season. When he came into the league, it was not expected at all for him to put up much of anything in terms of offensive production whatsoever. Him ending up with four goals and twenty assists is often talked about as nothing short of a miracle, especially on a St. Louis team that seemed to struggle its way through the season up until just around the middle of it. His defense is really what he was drafted for, but it could be debated that he came up short on that end, finishing with a -1, 79 shots blocked, and a middling 141 hits. Where Lappalainen really shone, however, was in the possession game. When going into next season, Artturi plans on strengthening his body so that he can handle taking more shots and landing more hits.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]