Create Account

S75 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week Due: Sunday, February 25th @ 11:59 PM PST

Being new to the SHL/SHJHL and the Yukon Malamutes its hard to pick one, One could easily say our Division rival Anchorage, but that just isn't any fun even though we are both slugging it out each game rotating back and forth for the division lead. However i'm going to go in the opposite direction and choose STL. why STL? you might ask. Yukon has dominated them so far this season a perfect 5-0 so far this season outscoring them 26-6. what can i say, winning is fun! I love beating down on terrible teams and looking good doing it. I have no personal beef with the team or any singular player. i just love to win and they're the team we've had the most success against. STL has a lot of young good pieces and they will be a force to reckon with in the future if they can keep the band together but in the meantime..They stink!

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

The Citadelles rival as of late has definitely been the Detroit Falcons. It most likely started way back in season 69 (nice), where the two bird teams of the league squared off in the four star cup finals. The Citadelles routed the Falcons in that series, beating them in five games to win their second cup in franchise history. The Falcons would get the better of them in the playoffs the next season, beating Quebec City in six games in the first round, and then beating them again in the first round in season 73. Last season, the two teams would face off once again in the semifinals, with Detroit getting the better of Quebec City again in six games. When the two teams meet in the regular season, they are always must watch games. The teams have met five times so far in the current season, with the Citadelles having won four of the five games. They have one more regular season matchup, which is sure to be an insane game.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

There are a lot of great teams in the SMJHL right now and everyone is a rival to us as of right now but one team in certain would be the Maine timber. Especially for turtle Bob. Bob was expecting to end up on the Maine Timber because his player agent “Cuffy” had recent players play there as well. So Bob has to prove Cuffy that he can do it with NL and when they play Maine Bob tries extra hard to win those games. Maine is also a top tier team so they are fun for us to play against they really put us to the test every time we hit the ice. I always love competition and they compete each and every night. They may even be our biggest threat right now they aren’t on top of standings but come playoffs I bet they’ll be a top team in the mix. NL is steadily improving and we have to continue to improve if we wanna make playoffs.

[Image: cuffana.png]

Who doesn't love a good rivalry? Lakers and Celtics. Yankees and Red Sox. The Battle of Alberta in the NHL. Every game has it's own intensity, but every team has that one nemesis that they find another level to rise up to when they play against them. Whether the players or the fans in the crowd for such games, the energy in the building is palpable.

What are the great rivalries of the SMJHL? To be more specific, who is the team that most puts a thorn in the side of the Anchorage Armada? One need look back only as far as last season for a glimpse into the rivalry of the Armada and Vancouver Whalers. 

The regular season began fairly normal, with the teams splitting their first two matchups of the year. Things really started heating up over the course of their next several games. The Armada would take the next three games, outscoring the Whalers 24-5 over that stretch highlighted by a 10-3 trouncing. As we all know, teams don't particularly take too kindly when the opposition hangs double digits on them. 

It was the last game of the season where things ramped up even more. A game that saw Vancouver win 5-1 is best remembered for the illegal check to the head penalty by the Whaler's Nikola Tomo that drew the ire of the entire Armada bench. That would set the stage for the two teams first round match-up in the playoffs. 

After falling behind in the series after a close Game 1, the Whalers stormed back to take a commanding 3-1 series lead and putting the Armada's season on the brink. However, the Armada regrouped to take the next two games, including a thrilling 5-4 OT victory in Game 6, and forced a do-or-die Game 7. 
The deciding game of the series would be just as electric as the others, ultimately resulting in a 4-3 triumph for the Armada and a spot in the second round against Quebec City (who they would eventually lose to in 5 games). That game would be the 5th game of the series to be decided by one goal, with the winner being scored with just 1:20 left in the third period. 

The animosity between the two sides has quieted down somewhat during S75. In the four times they've faced-off against one another, the Armada have handled them fairly easily and earning the win all four times. That isn't all that surprising given the season that Vancouver has had this season, mired near the bottom of the SMJHL standings. With two games left to play this season, there's still an opportunity for the Whalers to agitate the Armada as only they can. While the rivalry appears dormant for now, it's only a matter of time before the fireworks between these two nemeses erupts. 

Code:
Word Count: 492

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

In the SMJHL, there's an interesting rivalry developing between the Quebec City Citadel's and the rebuilding St. Louis Scarecrows. Despite Quebec's impressive record of 36 wins to St. Louis's 12 wins, the Scarecrows have surprisingly won two out of their three encounters this season.

What makes this rivalry stand out is the dramatic difference in the teams' overall performance. Quebec city is an established team and is currently at the top with 36 wins, 10 losses, and 3 OT losses, while St. Louis a team in full rebuild is at the bottom with only 12 wins, 36 losses, and 1 OT loss.

The key to St. Louis's unexpected success lies in their goaltender Kris, who saved an incredible 97% (68 saved out of an insane 70) and 93% (53 saved out of 57) of shots faced in the two wins, both of which went into overtime. As the season progresses, this underdog story adds a “much watch” saga to the SMJHL, keeping St. Louis fans on the edge of their seats.

WC:171

The Colorado Raptors are pretty friendly overall, with the death of their biggest rivals years ago (the anaheim outlaws!) there has not been a competitor we managed to hate as much as them, that was true until last season. The Detroit Falcons, whomstve handled Colorado their recent cup finals loss, are now holding the palm of personna non gratta in denver, colorado. Not only are they birds, they are red!! the opposite of our blue dino! There is nothing to like about this team. Before, they used to be managed by our good friend @Vaxlare, but nowadays they are managed by some random gm that was not a Dino friend! I think we will never forget that loss in the finals soon, and to top it up they even dare beat us during most of our egular season games this season. It's like they solved us and we cant find the trick to overcome them! grrrrr i hope we find the way to beat em especially if its during the playoffs.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I've had plenty of rivalries over my time in Carolina. I'd be lying if I said a majority for the teams were not on my shit list at one point or another.

At this point though, I do not think I can really say any team or person is really a rival. There is no team that I dislike and care enough about to actually think I have a real rivalry with them. It is a bit of a cop out answer, but outside of teams acting slimy I can not think of any long standing beef with anyone.

Back in the day though, man I think Detroit, Newfoundland, St. Louis, Anaheim, and Vancouver all were pretty desperate to shut me up at points and that was kind of a good time. If it wasn't so socially taxing I would love to still have some of that going on occasionally.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

The knights have one big rival and I think its pretty obvious who it is. Naturally it’s the newfoundland berserkers. A berserker is the opposite of a knight. We wear armor and they hardly wear cloths. We fight for honor, and they fight for probably the thrill of it or something. We live in castles and they live in sheds of some kind I assume. We are like night and day. That means we must aways play hard when we are paired against each other. On a personal level I feel a rivalry with Newfoundland from my days on Vancouver. They had my boys Pasta The Turtle and Bfine. Now I’m not sure who they have but we will still beat them. My other personal rival is Vancouver because I was on that team so now I have to beat them to prove they made a mistake not drafting me. Everyone made a mistake not drafting me.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Detroit's biggest rival lately is undoubtedly Quebec City, and the two teams seem geared to go to battle once again this year if the playoff draw lines up. One of the biggest reasons for this historically have been the playoff matchups, which have gone either way on different occasions. Retiring SHL star Sophie Bordeleau was no stranger to those heartbreaks when she played in the SMJHL, and now a future star represented by the same agency in Anastasia Söderström is looking at this same rivalry from the red jerseys instead of the blue. On top of just the team animosity, Ana has something of a battle going on between her and Quebec's Song Ju-gong to be among the league's top goalies, a rivalry that has been going back and forth all year. Quebec City is the favourite in this upcoming season, but if the two teams meet again in the playoffs it's likely to be another close series from which the winner might have a very good path to the Four Star Cup.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Our Biggest rival for the Nevada Battleborn is our good local "friends", the Colorado Raptors. We are common foes with them normally, and our games are marked as rivalry in the sim engine. Season 73 was a prime example of our rivalry, being in the same division. The Tamper Town Division was a 4 team division, meaning 1 team was going to have to go home, and the 2 teams fighting to avoid a dreadful early exit were both COL and NBB. Nevada ensured Colorado's place as the early exit team as NBB won the season series 3-1, with a goal differential of +15. However, next season COL would get their revenge on the NBB by eliminating the Batleborn in the second round of the 5 star cup. Now in this season, COL leads the season series 4-2 against the NBB, and only time will tell where this rivalry will go in the future.