Create Account

The Big Slappy Hour #138! (Road Trippin & Rounders)
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 10:27 PM by Slappydoodle.)

BSH is generally recorded on Friday night within the warm and comfy confines of La Casa De Los Bulldogs. We have multiple monitors up with the question thread and other info available. Cold brews and refreshments at hand.

This week, on the other hand, we recorded on Saturday, from the still reasonably comfortable confines of my pt cruiser (with wood paneling, of course). My cracked phone screen the only source of info and just a travel mug of coffee to slake thirst.

That’s right. It’s a road trip episode.

I haven’t listened to any of it yet. I have no idea what the sound quality is like, or the general quality for that matter. Whatever else it is though, it is a slice of life, cinema verite, if you will. In other words, a disorganized heap of shit.

So please, come and revel along with us in the heap of shit that is The Big Slappy Hour #138!

https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/the-big-slappy-hour-139

Thanks to @Off , Flappy, Mike Izzy, Crossfit and Rice for questions and comments

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

It IS taekwondo looool trust your instincts Wink

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

02-24-2019, 11:20 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: It IS taekwondo looool trust your instincts Wink

See, it was Bonk that made me doubt there. I had it right.

It is all my fault

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

02-24-2019, 11:41 PMBonk Wrote: It is all my fault
I'd give you a hard time, but you came in clutch that one time I needed help with GIS stuff, so I'm forever in your graces.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

[Image: 6a00d83451b84f69e2013488505783970c-800wi.png]

There's an established precedent that, if a team has consecutive picks, the PT team will grade the two picks on content, not order. So Hallsy drafting Pris over me would not have fucked a soul on TPE. It would have only given her a second 1oa player for the lulz. Which is fine, of course, it's not like I actually care about that.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-25-2019, 01:02 AMztevans Wrote: [Image: 6a00d83451b84f69e2013488505783970c-800wi.png]

There's an established precedent that, if a team has consecutive picks, the PT team will grade the two picks on content, not order.  So Hallsy drafting Pris over me would not have fucked a soul on TPE.  It would have only given her a second 1oa player for the lulz.  Which is fine, of course, it's not like I actually care about that.

It would have done one more thing. It would have forever denied the Tsarevich his 1OA laurels. Especially given his recent, unprovoked attack upon his more deserving teammate.

As far as the mocks go, who cares?

02-25-2019, 03:34 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: It would have done one more thing. It would have forever denied the Tsarevich his 1OA laurels. Especially given his recent, unprovoked attack upon his more deserving teammate.

Your co-host did? I didn't just randomly pull this statement out of my ass.

Nikolai Evans

02-25-2019, 07:34 AMztevans Wrote:
02-25-2019, 03:34 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: It would have done one more thing. It would have forever denied the Tsarevich his 1OA laurels. Especially given his recent, unprovoked attack upon his more deserving teammate.

True, I do not deny it. I merely state that my pleasure in that scenario would have always been derived from your pain. Angel

02-25-2019, 07:34 AMztevans Wrote:

Your right I did not pull it out of my ass, but I did not do to deprive Tsarevich the first over all, nor to cause you pain. I said in the spirt of fucking everyone's mock draft and inflicting pain to all. You must realize I do not understand the rulebook as well as you, so I would have been a pissed about until the PT was awarded.

Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

02-25-2019, 09:26 PMBonk Wrote:
02-25-2019, 07:34 AMztevans Wrote: Your co-host did? I didn't just randomly pull this statement out of my ass.

Your right I did not pull it out of my ass,  but I did not do to deprive Tsarevich the first over all,  nor to cause you pain. I said in the spirt of fucking everyone's mock draft and inflicting pain to all. You must realize I do not understand the rulebook as well as you, so I would have been a pissed about until the PT was awarded.

Right! That's why I made the post, to enlighten and educate you on the mistake. I was then informed by Slappy that nobody gave a fuck about mocks when the entire conversation was about you caring about mocks. Thank you for proving my point, good sir.

I don't expect ANYONE to know the rulebook as well as I do. I spent too much time looking at all three of those fuckers during my HO years. I wish I knew less about them if anything.

Nikolai Evans

Congrats on winning the poker tourney!

Good episode. Also really cool to see we have true rookies making a bit of a resurgence, as it seems like those have been incredibly rare, recently.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 07:27 PM by Bonk.)

02-25-2019, 11:26 PMztevans Wrote: I don't expect ANYONE to know the rulebook as well as I do.  I spent too much time looking at all three of those fuckers during my HO years.  I wish I knew less about them if anything.

Ignorance is bliss!

[Image: SpanishSoupyHind-size_restricted.gif]

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

02-26-2019, 02:18 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Congrats on winning the poker tourney!

Thank you very much. I was pretty psyched.