Create Account

Thun's out for a bit

Well, since Manhattan's already out... kinda not much of a reason to hold back on something I mentioned previously.

I would like to thank people for the fun times I had. Once again, it was a pleasure to be around for another run even if we didn't quite manage to win the trophies we wanted. I'm very thankful to everyone I had the pleasure of playing with in Nevada, spending my junior career there was great and I'm very happy to have had the chance. I'm happy that the team seems to have done well after I left and I hope they win more titles while also having tons of fun.

As for Manhattan, I think it's necessary to elaborate. I'm very happy with everything we've done if I am to look in retrospect though I think we were robbed of something we genuinely deserved. We had to be champions at least once. Wouldn't treat it as some sort of farcical injustice but it just feels like we really should've, y'know? I guess you always need a loser to have a winner at the end of the day but damned if it doesn't feel so slightly unfair. Them's the breaks, I suppose. I'm very thankful for my interactions with everyone and I'm very happy to have been taken in with so much care. It's a joyful thing and one that I wouldn't trade away in any way or shape.

I'm not entirely sure about re-creating. The situation is kind of two-fold. On one hand, I feel like I've done as much as I could over this neck of the woods. I have to admit that I don't care in the slightest about individual awards for a sim player - already have a hard time caring about the real-life ones, imagine fictional equivalents. On the other hand, I've had plenty of fun in a genuine manner. Something I feel I've only managed to match once or twice in life. It's become part of my routine, much as I'm not sure about its intrinsic value besides interacting with people from places rather distant from my own neck of the woods (quite literally as some might attest) in Rio. That and while it is true that I'm in dire need of professional progress (something I hope to fix at last next semester), spending time here isn't as much of a nuisance to that as it looks in the grand scheme of things.

So I'll probably sit out for a couple of days. I have some important things to do next week, things that may determine my plan of action for the upcoming months if not years so it's probably for the best I don't put too much thought into this. In the odd chance I don't return (must stress that I don't think it'll be the case but if it does...) I want to thank everyone that has made my time in the SHL so much fun in both this career and the previous one. I think people might undervalue the time they spend together with people in circumstances like these but I don't think that should be the case. Saying as someone who spent a good chunk of his youth mostly alone, talking with others can really brighten your day.

In the good times and in the bad times; happy to have been here.
See y'all around.
Até logo.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Thanks for being part of the team, a great guy to talk to in the LR (apparently that's surprising to some people), and I hope that you won't be a stranger in the LR.

Enjoy the retirement Smile

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

04-29-2023, 04:22 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I hope that you won't be a stranger in the LR.

Only on Eurovision. Y'know what I mean, eh. Thanks for having me around!

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

thunfish bestfish

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Damn we didn't get to interact much in Ireland since I took over, but enjoy the time off and good luck with whatever comes next!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders