Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams Deadline: Sunday, May 12th @ 11:59pm PST

We at Saint Louis spent a lot of time scheming and game planing for facing off against Maine going into the series knowing that we would be the under dogs. The idea for the series was the simple adage of taking it one game at a time as opposed to just heading into the series thinking we were going to succeed. I made sure to put focus on our team that winning a tough series like that one against Maine becomes significantly easier to win when you take it a single game at a time and compartmentalize each game. All things considered looking back at the series after its finish I was super impressed with my team and their ability to make every game a close one. At one point the series was 2-1 towards Maine and smit very well could have been 3-0 going our way and I’m very proud of the team.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

The Detroit Falcons prepared for the playoffs by taking the season one day at a time. We knew we were going to be underdogs this season right from the gecko so we wanted to think short term and how we can improve each day to ultimately prepare us for the playoffs and hopefully a successful run that ends with us lifting the cup. A few ways that we completed this is by motivating and encouraging each other. Team morale is so important and we wanted the atmosphere to be brother like. No one took a day off in the gym because we were all there pushing each other. Our physical shape has improved so much from the start of the season. Another important aspect of our daily preparation was watching tape. We love to dissect our own play to see where we are thriving as individuals and as a team as well as where we need to improve.

Falcons Canada

The Maine Timber have always been an extremely close team and they have not let the looming playoff matchups stop that. In order to get mentally ready for the battle of attrition that is the playoffs they decided to take some time to make sure that everyone on the team was 100% healthy. This meant that the majority of the time for the players was spent relaxing and recovering. The Timber had another very successful regular season but, it was an extremely hard fought battle that came down to the very last games of the regular season. They wanted to make sure that they were all recovered from that and that is why they spent most of their time preparing for playoffs by relaxing on a beach. Some might say that is a risky strategy and it could cause some issues come game time. However, I think the team will do much better with the extra rest and there is nothing to worry about.

Code:
164 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Regina prepared for the playoffs by doing alot of training. I know it sounds super basic but in the playoffs. The main thing is we just have to stay calm and composed as the playoffs are also mind games as you cant let the crowd get to you and you have to stay disciplined one of the ways we do this is treating it like a normal game but you another major thing is your ability to stay healthy I know the sim doesn't have injures but I'm just considering they do here. You've got so stay flexible and stretch and even doing stuff like chilling in the hot tub can help.

Another thing is you've got to remember to keep having fun just because it's the playoffs doesn't mean you can't have fun as I think that's the main point. That's all I did to prepare for the playoffs

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]