Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Promt 1 – Written Task
Once upon a time, Lord Farquaad, the notorious ruler of Duloc, found himself unexpectedly teleported to the world of Azeroth. Looking around, he realized that strange creatures and landscapes surrounded him. Confused and disoriented, Lord Farquaad stumbled upon a group of dwarves playing a rough-and-tumble game on the ice. Lord Farquaad was immediately intrigued by this odd sport they were playing, and he quickly pointed them to using sticks and rocks on the ice and taught them how to play hockey. The dwarves, initially wary of the strange, tiny human, quickly warmed up to him as he showed interest in their game. Lord Farquaad decided to introduce this sport to the denizens of Azeroth. He gathered a group of players from different races and regions and formed the first ice hockey team in Azeroth. At first, the other creatures of Azeroth were skeptical of the new sport, but Lord Farquaad's enthusiasm and charisma won them over. He taught them the game’s rules, the skating techniques, and the importance of teamwork.The sport of ice hockey soon became a sensation in Azeroth, and Lord Farquaad's team was the talk of the land. They played in arenas across the world, competing against other teams and gaining a large following of fans.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Prompt 1

The SHL spinoff off Grogu's adventures would make sense that the time in his life which is blank is from when he visited Earth will Kelleran Beq while escaping Order 66. So when his adventures as a force-wielding hockey playing baby come to an end, he returns to a Galaxy Far Far Away and is rescued by Mando. This is of course, a few seasons down the road as Grogu still has some seasons left in him in the SHL.

I imagine the best place in the Star Wars Universe to eventually begin the game of hockey would be on Hoth. I'm sure by now that the base has been repaired after the scenes of Empire Strikes Back, and what better way to kill the time on a frozen planet than to start a hockey league. With the addition of Force abilities to the league, the sticks could be light sabers and the Stanley Cup made of Beskar. Hockey players kind of look like Mandalorians anyway so the uniforms and equipment would not have to change much.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Okay Emilia-tan. I will now explain the sport of Hockey to you.
But Grimmjow, What is Hockey?
It's okay, i can show you. Puck! Can you freeze that lake over there? Make it as smooth an even as possible, preferably like a mirror.
Okay Grimmjow-kun!
Okay see, now we got a frozen like. This is typically how most kids learn how to skate!
Skate?
Yes, Skate. like this! (shows skates made out of shoes with blades sown onto them.)
*proceeds to skate on the ice*
*Emilia claps excitedly* Wow! That looks so much fun!
Yes, you skate around like this, then we have two goals *places two sticks on both sides of the lake*
Then you take your stick *pulls out homemade stick* And a puck *takes out a puck that the armorsmith has made*
Then you skate around and try to put the puck into the net! *Proceeds to do a couple of moves, ending with a slapshot into the goal*
Wow! This is definitely something we need in this world! Thank's for showing me!

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

As a reincarnated player in a new world, I would introduce the game of hockey to my friends by explaining that it's a fast-paced, physical team sport played on ice. The objective of the game is to score more goals than the opposing team by shooting a puck into their net using a stick. In this other would since gear has not been developed, the main pieces of gear would be the puck, a hockey stick for players and goalie equipment for the goalies, lets not forget about the net! When introducing the game, we do not need helmets or gloves just the main pieces to get started. As for the rink we would need a flat surface to play, with most likely a ball as creating a puck would be harder and there are more options for a ball. Rules would be lack to start, no offsides, no icings just run and gun hockey. Once we got enough people interested we could start introducing more rules. After the games were over I would tell them the importance of a post game chicken finger meal.
180+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

I’m cheating death int he competition straight up once I start cheating I won’t stop Hirano is a force to be reckon with in a skills comp and straight up I would win with the hockey knowledge I have I wouldn’t even have to try. Death ain’t got nothing on Hirano straight up not even a question. I think I would just have to skate for 3 seconds and dude would realize it too late. The first thing I would love to beat death at is the skating competition has the dude ever actually skated before? Realistically I think not so that one’s east Peary lemon squeezy. The next skills comp I would win would easily be the shooting accuracy competition there is no way I would not win that one I’ve been a sniper since WW1 and let me tell you I’m hitting all the targets first bang there is no stopping Hirano once he’s full force. I think the only trouble he would have is the pass accuracy comp. who passes bro? Nah not Hirano selfish goal scorer he is. In conclusion big W for Hirano Big L for death.

200 words

ISFL

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2023, 06:01 PM by mer. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
PROMPT 1: Your player has died and been reincarnated in another world of your choosing. Unwilling to give up on your game, but finding it doesn't exist in your new world, you now need to introduce and grow the game of hockey in this alternate dimension!

Aksel dies and wakes up in an alternate universe where vampires have enslaved humanity but they're kinda nice about it actually and everyone has nice social programs and stuff and people pay taxes in blood like in the Morganville Vampires book series but that was dumb so it's not really like that. Aksel needs to work his way up the ranks to become the Vampire Overlord but it's like this super bureaucratic system where you need to Prove Yourself. There's no hockey so he pitches it as like a Gladiator type deal - losers suck and are shamed or whatever and the winners are hailed as excellent athletes. The vampires can play too if they want because vampires love sports. Like baseball. Baseball is the vampire's favorite sport. So Aksel's new goal is to be both the best hockey player ever and the new Vampire Overlord so he can just be in charge of everything.

Code:
154 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Code:
PROMPT 2: Isekai sucks as a rule, so you challenge Death to a hockey skills competition for the right to stay in your own world. Corre corre, gatito...

WRITTEN TASK: What skills competition do you think you can beat Death at? Why? Would you try to cheat, or just give it your best shot?

GRAPHIC TASK: Show me your hockey-battle with the Reaper!

Now, challenging Death isn't a new thing for Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk; he's done so multiple times and each party is on a first name basis. Since they know each other from other games of chance, it's a psychological battle (believe it or not, it's pretty easy to read death). Death is a big fan of hockey, so this will not be the easiest battle, but DuBølk has a plan; a checking skills competition. In an actual skill competition, DuBølk would lose painfully, but beating a literal skeleton in not collapsing from a huge hit is really easy... in theory. Death could pull out some magic bullshit, but he's a fair guy, right?

The competition comes, and DuBølk puts his all into his check. Afterwards, he looked back to see him stare straight at him;

"Boy that hurt a bit"

DuBølk now knows he's screwed. Ah well, he can get his soul back after their next poker night on Tuesday.

(158 words)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Prompt 2:

The joke here starts from the assumption you can defeat Death. Nobody beats death. Nobody will ever beat death. Death is like taxes. Inevitable. But if we hypothesize Krou could beat Death, which, considering how much of a bum he is, it is very likely, it would definitely be a penalty shootout. Death can float right above the ice and use his sickle as a stick, but does he even have eyes? He can feel where you are, but does he know what direction you are facing? So, to me, it looks like Death would be a trash penalty shootout taker, so this is what Krou will fight him in for the right to stay alive. But here comes the other problem. Krou can't score in a shootout, even if his life depended on it, which it does. So it's an even playing field. Death can't see, Krou can't score. But somehow, Krou manages to do it. With a sleight of hand, or in this case, puck, trick, that Death will never see coming.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2023, 07:10 PM by Jimmysmo27.)

Prompt 1
The alien civilization in question was a species called the Zorgonians. They were a highly advanced race, capable of manipulating energy fields with their minds and traveling faster than the speed of light. But despite their technological prowess, they had never heard of hockey before. When I arrived on their planet, I was greeted by a group of skeptical Zorgonians who were not sure what to make of me or my strange-looking equipment. But with patience and persistence, I slowly began to win them over. First, I had to explain the rules of the game to them. This was not an easy task, as the Zorgonians had no concept of physical competition. In their culture, games were usually played through mental challenges or debates. After a lot of back-and-forth, I managed to explain the basics of the game: two teams, a puck, and a goal. I demonstrated how to skate on the ice and how to shoot the puck, and gradually the Zorgonians began to grasp the concept. But the real challenge was getting them to embrace the physicality of the game. The Zorgonians were used to competing mentally, not physically. The idea of slamming into each other on the ice was foreign to them. Fortunately, I had just the trick to get them on board. I set up a scrimmage between two teams of Zorgonians, with myself and a few human players on the ice to guide them. To my surprise, the Zorgonians quickly caught on to the physical aspects of the game.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

It was over in the blink of an eye. A player's stick lifted Brick's plastic neck guard, right as a slapshot from the point came in on net. Direct hit to the throat. Life left Brick's body just as quick as the air did. A few seconds later, Brick found himself back on his feet, but no one else was on the ice...no one else but a shadowy figure in a black robe. It was Death, the Grim Reaper himself. He told Brick his time had come, lest he wish to wager his soul for a shot at coming back to life. Brick didn't want to go out on a fluke, so he thought of the competition that would most catch Death off guard...a goalie goal competition. The first one to shoot a puck from one crease to the other and score would be the winner. With a snap of his fingers, Death lost his robe and instead sported a fully blacked out set of goalie gear, with his scythe turning into a goalie stick. The game began, with Death electing to take the first shot. Death took a couple of practice shots without a puck, and then flexed his stick and sent a laser towards the other net. It definitely had the power...but Death was a bit too cocky in showing off his power, as it pinged off the crossbar. No goal. Brick knew he only had one shot to sink this, as Death wouldn't miss twice. Brick took a deep breathe, carefully aimed his shot, and sent it, hard but true. It had the aim, but would it have the power? It began losing power, and as it entered the crease, it was at a crawl, slowly approaching the goal line...and it crossed! Brick had won! Death gave Brick a nod, snapped his fingers, and Brick woke up on the ice, with the doctors and teammates surrounding him.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

My player died ya right fitted cant die it's my simulation so this pt is dumb and not correct it's like if the waterboy played for the mud Dawgs back I'm 1998 like who the gell even is mushroom Jones and how do u take candy from a baby like please just explain to me where my baby ran off too before jsues came back to deliver the best pitch in game 13 against the opinion constellation before the earth became flat after that pancake gave us some boots. In the words of a wise man I've come back as a wise man I'm wiser the. Goodfellows the movie can auto correct please stop messing up my words like damn bro I know what I'm trying to say. Period until I came back wasn't no one having fun but the king is here again and tall people are gonna catch the hands of a god. Step outside if your feeling it cutie

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Hockey is pretty simple when you look at it. Well, first we cover the ground with ice. I know it sound dangerous, as ice is kinda slippy, but we found the perfect solution to avoid slipping too much in directions we don't want to go. We put knife on our foot. What? no no it's not dangerous i swear, they arent thatttt sharp, just enough to prevent us to slip everywhere. After that, we take twi big empty metal square that we lift on their side at each extremity of the ice, so it give us a target, and we put a net in it to not have to go fetch the puck too far. What,s the puck? it's a simple rubber disk that we will carry and pass across the ice, so we can 'score' in the metal square that we have on each end. Also, one dude is gonna stand in front of that metal square, that we call net, so they can stop the rubber puck with their own body. I swear dude it's not dangerous. 184

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Prompt 1 - Written

Jimmy Wagner finds himself in a universe without ice, hockey no longer exists. In its stead, Jimmy works with local athletic clubs to transform their existing sports. This new game is played on grass instead of ice, the sticks have a way to hold the ball on them lest they roll away, the goalies get even bigger pads, and most of the rest stays the same. The new sport is fast, hitting exists, and the rosters are big and fluid enough that penalties even give temporary man advantages. Jimmy's speed allows for him to thrive in this new league, and he becomes part of the first wave of pro players. Informally known as stickball, it's not until the professional league takes hold that it gets a unified name.

A reincarnated frenchman from the 1700s is behind the effort, he loves the raw athleticism and violence. He names the sport after that - le crosscheck. It quickly gets changed by the 1st commissioner.

Lacrosse.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Based on Rikaad's stats in my previous seasons, I would challenge death to something quite unorthodox for a skills competition, shot blocking. Rikaad excels at shot blocking more than anything in the game of hockey and is quite confident he could beat death in a shot blocking competition. The only issue is how to do you set it up. I'm thinking there is a few puck launching machines laid out in a semi circle with a light. Lights will blink on which puck launcher will fire and its your job to get in between it and the net and try to stop the puck from hitting the net. Simple scoring would be 1 pt for each puck that does not reach the net. Rikaad, being an honest man would never cheat. He would simply give it his best shot and if that possibly means taking the eternal sleep then so be it; but to be honest, death doesn't stand a chance

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]