Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

The biggest all-star snub for me has got to be Knox Booth. He's rocking a solid save percentage of .923% which has him as the 4th best in the league for that category for goalies that have played over 21 games played. He is tied for first in GR among goalies at 82, is 5th for shots saved and shots against. He is very clearly a key part of the Los Angeles Panthers roster that currently sits 2nd in their division. Without him, they're very likely a basement team. There are obviously a very limited amount of goalie spots available for the all-star games but I still believe he has performed at a level this year where he should've been given one of those spots. Either way, the all-star game holds no significant value and Knox Booth can be happy knowing he's having yet another very successful season within the SHL.

Falcons Canada

I really can't even fathom how the one and only BEST goalie in the entire SHL could be left off of the all star roster this season. Guy is on the HAMILTON FRIKKIN STEELHAWKS. He is leading the league in WINS. Gotta put this guy on a pedal stool or something because his name is plastered on the front of the new index. A period (comma) JOBIN. This guy is a beast on the ice. I get they probably left him off because they don't know how to pronounce his first name but I better not find out that its due to lack of merit. He has THIRTY FOUR wins this season and a total of FIVE shutouts. FIVE! Thats an entire hands worth of fingers that this guy has shutouts. I mean, even if they are again like, Winnipeg and stuff its still an important stat here. I am here to formally request a recount. I'm an accountant, trust me, i'm honorable i'll do the right thing.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

I don't necessarily expect him to have actually made the team, but as one of the top defensive defensemen in the league I think there's a good case to be made for Simon LeBlanc. LeBlanc is 4th in the league in blocked shots, 4th in the league in takeaways, is a defensive anchor on one of the top PK units in the league, and is an all around good guy! He even has a shorthanded goal, wow! LeBlanc doesn't have many offensive stats, with 8 goals and 19 assists, but those are likely due to his focus on the defensive end of the rink. LeBlanc has made a name for himself over the past few seasons as a reliable defensive presence and has kept that up on the season, with one of the top defensive game ratings (fake stat who cares) in the league. He's also 23rd in the league in fantasy points, which might be worth something I suppose

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I think the biggest all-star snub was Gabriel Johnson, defenseman for the Seattle Argonauts. While he isn't quite on the offensive pace of his career season last year, he's gotten hit in the face with the PDO bat a bit this time around. Even so, he makes a more compelling case than some of the defenders that were selected over him for the Western Conference team. As well, I have long been a proponent of adding a fun gimmick to all-star games where an "average Joe" gets to jump on the ice and take a shift with the best of the best. In this case, there is no statistically more average Joe than Gabe, who would be sure to charm us all with his notable skill disparity with the game's greatest stars surrounding him throughout the event. There is unquestionably no better choice for the all-star game in several respects than Gabe Johnson, and it remains an eternal shame on the committee that they did not select him

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Woof, there's a big name left off the all star roster this year and he's also the only player on my fantasy team to not wind up in this game. Ruslan Zaporozhets from the Toronto North Stars has put together a quietly successful year as an all around forward. The man hits and even has a 4 goal (5 point) game to his name this season. Sure you could make the argument that every single player that made the team deserved to be there, but I think you can make the same case here. Squally is a top notch guy and I would've liked to see him playing in this game again this year after the season that he's had. You could also make the case for his teammates Mika Kandinsky and Bobby Lane as well, but watching Zap throw his body around while still putting up a point per game (while not even on the top PP unit) is incredible stuff. Not that it has mattered in the past. When it is made clear that a team is getting snubbed in the preseason, it's no surprised when they get snubbed in the all star game.

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

ISFL Affiliate PT (Ultimus Week) : ISFL username KezKincaid

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

I think an easy answer for this is my own player. At the time of the All-star break, it looked like the committee just copy and pasted the points leaderboard, then cut it off right at Ryan Shepard and threw in two TBB players. It's unfortunate that the trio of ATL forwards got in ahead of me but their relative corsi are each insane and 3 of 4 players on the entire team with a positive value. Using Fuzz's post's logic that he made, I can easily make a case that I got snubbed over one of them (I think it's fair to include one, but two was too many with their season). On a strong Chicago team Shepard is T-4th in relative corsi with 5.2% and T-2nd among forwards. Surprisingly, there are only 5 players on the team with positive in that. In regards to GA/TA differential I understand the logic behind it but when a team has the puck for a majority of the game they would have more giveaways in the long run with less opportunities for takeaways. Shepard has a -5 differential but has among the lowest total giveaways on the team at 25 after the most recent sim. Oh well, maybe next season.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

A lot of people consider the All Star Weekend, skills competition, and all star game to be a big deal. However, Cormac Pónaire doesn't consider it to be a big deal at all.

He feels that no matter how good a player is, there's always an intangible that leads to come players getting selected over others - the likeable factor.

Let's face it, if a goon was putting up all star numbers he'd likely not be called upon as an all star because of how it would look for the league to highlight that player and his antics, and call them up to what is potentially the biggest and most important non-serious game of the season.

That being said, Cormac is also slightly khurt that he want selected to the J all star game with his teammates from the Carolina Kraken. He was really hoping that the improvement on his season, competed to his rookie season, would have maybe earned him a long shot bid at the game. Maybe next season.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

This is always such a difficult question to answer. We are lucky enough to be blessed with an abundance of great players in this league and every single one of the players chosen for the all-star team has a good case for being on there. I think however, that if I had to pick one person I would have to go full homer and pick Nicolae Antonescu. Antonescu came into the league last year as a rookie and on the worst team on the league TPE wise he managed to put up a season not only worth of a ROTY nomination but he was arguable the best goalie in the league at times and received nominations for the award although he didn't make it to the finals. This season he is continuing his dominance and has showed that regardless of the team in front of him he is able to keep his team in the game every night. I think he really deserved to be on the team this season.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=312956 pbe affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

I cannot believe i get tp use my thunder dome piece I am currently writing about the joke of the all star committee as my point task for this week. @golden_apricot and I were completely snubbed from the all star game this season. During the season we were so unlucky we both respectfully were at a 93% PDO. Just because we are unlucky does not mean we should be excluded to play in the all star game in fact we should be in the main event because of how unlucky we were. We are the best unlucky duo in the division, in the conference, in the league, in the world. We need to get some respect put on our name. Clearly there is some hamilton bias going on. We all know everyone hates the steelhawks, if you anus you a against us or something like that. I fully expect this wrong to be righted at the end of the season.

[Image: lazer2.png]

At this point, I'd have to say Knox Booth was a clear snub from the All-Star Team, even with Tegernako and Kavanagh having good-to-great seasons. The best indicator of Booth's effect on Los Angeles's team comes from the benefit of playing him over his replacement. Richard Majors is a pro-level goalie, but he had a save rate under 90% and was 5-6 as the starter this season; he allowed 3.35 goals per game to Booth's 3.02. On the other hand, Texas' Kavanagh had an excellent record (24-9-2) but faced just 26 shots per game and had a worse overall save percentage (if only by a point or so) than Booth, who faced 39 shots per game and with a significantly worse team around him. Not only that, but Texas' backup goalie had an even more impressive record (18-3) than the starter, allowed just 1.86 goals per game (compared to Kavanagh's 2.22), and had 4 shutouts (Kavanagh had 6). It's clear to me that Kavanagh benefited significantly from having a great team and still did not post the same level of impressive stats as Knox, who faced far more shots per game on a worse team, saved a marginally greater proportion of said shots, and started a greater proportion of his team's games.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

If I had to pick one player that got snubbed from the All-Star roster, I'd have to say Gabriel Johnson. Yeah he doesn't get an obscene amount of points, yeah he lets goals in when he's on the ice, yeah he deserves to be fired from his Juniors GM position, but ask yourself: do we REALLY want to see the best players in the league play a game against each other every season? Why not switch it up some and throw some trash players in there?

Just kidding, in all seriousness I'd probably have to say Monkey D Luffy. I don't necessarily disagree with them being excluded as there are two other BUF players with more points on the team, but it is disappointing to see such a solid player with 67 points in 56 games played miss out on the opportunity to be represented on the All-Star team.

WC: 156

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

The All-Star teams are put together every season a little bit differently. This season, the all-star committee put together a great representation of some of the top talent from each of the SHL teams. While the conferences and divisions can be pretty lopsided, this all-star roster creation method really allows the SHL to showcase some of the best talent from every team. However, it also means that some of the top players on really talented teams don't get their shot to play among the festivities of all-star weekend. In this case, I would argue that Ryan Shepard of the Chicago Syndicate would likely have had a nomination if it wasn't for some of the other participants being called. Shephard is over a point per game this season and playing a top-shelf offensive game and playing on both sides of special teams. Shepard certainly would have seen a nod to the all-star game in other years but just didn't seem to make the cut this season.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig