Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg

SSL Affiliate

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

The 90-degree rule.
Most people know what 90 degrees are and no we are not talking about new ice temperature. We're talking about angles. What angles you might wonder? Goal angles. After every goal and/or period the goals rotate around the ring 90 degrees. Meaning after the first goal one of the goals will be right next to the penalty box and one right next to the player booths. This means that there needs to be some lines added around the different rinks so they match the normal facing direction of play.
This new era will be called the alive puck era as there will be a lot of goals and wingers will have an insane amount of space to play with. Powerplay and box play will be even more punishing as there's so little space between each goal.
I foresee that teams will have lines that are really good on the long side goal stretches.

RETIRED

OPTION 1

Ok so hear me out. I think it would be funny, HILARIOUS even, if every single sim event resulted in a Czech IIHF gold. I SWEAR I'm creative bro, you're just not seeing the potential in giving the Czechs hundreds of golds per game. It'll be a new metric, soon everything will be compared against Czech golds. If you don't find it funny, it's just of a higher class of humor than you're used to I'm sure, like Rick and Morty. It's so beyond funny that most people's initial reaction isn't to laugh. It's funny because like, the Czechs have no golds currently right? So what if they won gold no matter what they, or anyone else did? What? You don't get it? Nevermind then, it must've gone over your head or something. Of course I'm not crying! Don't be so ridiculous. These are... tears of joy, yeah. The idea is so funny that I'm literally crying right now, that's what these are.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

OPTION 2: People that want to use ChatGPT to complete their point tasks are, at the very least, jealous of the robotic overlords that we've come to know in the modern age. They make up for this jealousy by trying to ingrain AI into their everyday lives, using it as a means to "better" themselves and move closer to their ideal, annodized metal forms. Its for that reason that I think all people caught using ChatGPT for point tasks or articles should be turned into androids, so that they can be truer to themselves and those around them - its no longer abuse of AI if its built into their mainframe, and at the very least they'll be great worker bees for the SHL dev team. Who couldn't use an army of mindless drones to plug away at coding issues that real people don't have time for? It seems like the ultimate win-win, with people getting to live as their authentic selves while actually contributing to the league's content instead of mindlessly posting AI prompt answers.

[Image: hamsahoney.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2023, 01:41 PM by Count Chocula. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option2: Anyone caught using chatGPT for PT or media should be suspended for 1 full season from earning media payments or TPE from point tasks. This league would be nothing without user interaction and user generated media. Users who exploit programs to earn themselves money or take the lazy way to earn TPE should be punished accordingly. There are people who actually write and analyze the league in meaningful ways and it is a slap in the face to their honest efforts. So stopping a user from earning any writing based accolades would be the easiest form of punishment for this scenario. I would allow predictions, training, and activity checks still as they are not inherently exploited by cheating. That is essentially what it is, cheating. A second offense should be an automatic ban of the user. Educational institutions would expel students for similar behaviors, so why should we allow it here in a hobby bound setting. It is just flat out lazy and uninspired.

W:164

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Option 1

If I could add one wacky rule to hockey, we can just make it so that so that the players must be playing in very large and squishy sumo suits. This will now be the official equipment of hockey players and there will be a minimum dimension and squishiness so players cannot attempt to circumvent the rule. However, players can go above the minimum if they want to play with even larger body suits. This would just be absolute chaos as players go for big bodychecks and unintended contact would be increased. The goalies may most greatly benefit from this as they cover more of their net, compromising their movement. I guess with that, that means that the standup goalie which has been largely phased out, is back in business. Overall, this would be a wacky, zany time for hockey players and fans before they certainly and inevitably revolt and have the rule reversed or even worse, they leave the league entirely.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Option 1

If there was one rule that I would change about hockey, I think that I would add a “significant advantage clock”. Each team throughout the course of the game gets a total of 6 minutes of this time where they can have an extra player on the ice. After this period of time the team would start to incur too many men on the ice penalties. Its kind of like a wildcard where if you see your team sustaining some pressure on the other team, another forward can pop onto the ice and try to to help the team score a goal. On the other side, the defensive team can also send out another player to help clear the zone. It’s a fun and silly kind of wildcard idea that really just adds another unknown element to whats going on. It would also reduce some of the bench minors that teams do incur throughout the course of the game and would add an additional coaching element as well.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Code:
OPTION 1 - Rules are Rules?
Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

Hey, they just asked a bunch of NHL players about this. From a serious stand point I think they should enforce icing on the penalty kill. I understand it burns the man advantage and makes things fair for the penalized team, but that's boring. If you dump it down you should need to chase it or have the faceoff come back to your end, regardless of whether you're down a player or not. You'd definitely see an uptick in powerplay conversion and goal totals, which would make for a more compelling product. On a less serious note I'd love to see them replace the shootout with a revised overtime that does 4v4 for 5 minutes, then 3v3 for 5 minutes, then 2v2 for 5 minutes and finally 1v1 until someone scores. I'm not really sure how it would work exactly, but it would certainly be interesting. Teams that have a goalie with great stickhandling would certainly benefit in this goofy style overtime.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Option 2

[Image: 8xYQzmA.png]

(or just let them be, life is hard and we're here to have fun)

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Why would anyone use chat gpt to write a pt? People really can’t come up with 150 words? I mean, graders dont even enforce the prompt. I’d say like 65% of my pts have deviated from the prompt because i just start writing random shit and going with it. If you can’t come up with 150 words, then maybe sim leagues aren’t for you. Well, they could still enjoy casual discod leagues, but not leagues like shl, pbe, isfl, etc. If a player gets caught using chat gpt, then that tpe should be removed and they should receive a fine of millions of shl dollars equal for the tpe gained from the pt they cheated on. On repeat offense, there should be player suspensions or even bans if excessive. I don’t feel like that set of punishments is really unreasonable. But seriously why use chat gpt in the first place?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2023, 08:08 PM by Leoben.)

Option 2

Using ChatGPT to do point tasks should not be punished to be honest. In all fairness, I feel like I'm doing ChatGPT already even though I'm not. Like I respect the effort that goes into these PTs to make them interesting but the truth is I just space out and think about hockey things and random nonsense until I hit the word counter. But I guess a fitting punishment would be a five game suspension followed by a new role for users who get caught. They would have to have a new trophy under their name and it would be called AI Bootlicker. I think that would be fun and add a new level of immersion to the league. I'm not too sure about the suspension but let's be honest, it's not the end of the world. It's not that hard to spit out a random 150 word blurb once a week and I'd spend more time asking the AI to get something together than if I just typed it myself.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

PBE PT Kahn on PBE

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

On a more serious side, I have major issues with the use of ChatGPT and I think punishhments should be increasingly harsh from the get go to really dissuade people from using it in the first place. For your first offense you’re immediately suspended for a week and can’t do anything for that week. The second offense is an entire season suspension, and the third offense is a permanent website ban. Are these punishments harsh? Yes, but that’s the point. AI is a major threat to creative licenses and a ton of other things we don’t think about in day to day life. If you can’t write 150 words on your own I don’t know what to say.
As for a silly punishment for this, every time you’re suspended for AI usage you need to solo run both the SHL and SMJHL draft. Will it slow it down a ton? Yes. Will it be proper punishment for the crimes you’ve done? Also yes.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

As we all know, hockey was invented in the murky streets of Rexburg, Idaho by two pre-teen brothers who were bored on a hot summer day. They had played all of their normal games and were going through things in their garage. When they found two pairs of inline skates and old pool noodles, they both knew exactly what to do. They strapped on the skates, grabbed the tennis balls, got two laundry hampers to act as the nets, and they played. 
So, in the spirit of the original hockey game, I would change a rule about equipment. Instead of wooden hockey sticks, every player has a team-colored styrofoam pool noodle to use instead. Honestly, watching the creativity of teams trying to play this game in a completely new way would be very intriguing to watch. I imagine it would be come a lot more like ice soccer than actually using the noodles for anything. However, defensemen could use them to slam the ice which would cause a loud sounds and might distract shooters. Plus, then we get to see grown men get into fights with pool noodles. How silly is that!

[Image: jwpshl.png]

Option 1: rule change u are not allowed to be not active u must be active at least two days a week

[Image: img]