Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

Here we are game 7 of the Challenge Cup final between the Calgary Dragons and Tamba Bay Barracuda. Calgary turned the series around after being down 3-0 to a tied series and here we are, game 7.

The puck drops. Calgary dumps into the Barracude zone and there's a scrum near the boards. Refs signal for a penalty on Tampa Bay and Calgary has an early power play. Can they set the tone?

Nicky Pedersen Jr. wins the faceoff and get's it to Batsbak, Batsbak shoots.... HE SCORES! What a goal! Two seconds into the power play and 38 seconds into the game and Calgary has a 1-0 lead. What a start from Calgary here against Tampa Bay in this game 7. They surely carried that momemtum over from the previous 3 games into this one. It's going to be an amazing evening for the Calgary fans if they are able to pull of this reverse sweep.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 03:30 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

It’s game 1 against the Hamilton Steelhawks, and billy jaffie was calling the New England game. It was a funny series of events that lead to the first goal of the series

“Eko with the puck, he enters the zone along the boards. Boris rasing down the middle while anders rushes behind eko for the drop pass. Anders crashes the net, 2 on 1 with Boris, pass tipped by a diving Garbriel Johnson and the puck is flying in the air. HITS BORIS IN THE GOD DAMN FACE AND WE HAVE THE FIRST GOAL OF THE GAME! Boris’ nose is bleeding, but he doesn’t even seem to notice as he goes to celebrate with his line mates.”

It was a magical time, but little did I know I’d need plastic surgery to reconstruct my nose. Only the best Slavic plastic surgeon was allowed to work on me and now they say my nose is the sexiest feature I have

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

AaaaAnd noow, presenting our rookies!

First out, from Matsumoto Japan!

With the name that would scare any skater from entering our defensive zone

NUMBER SIX

THE ANIME SUPERHERO

DiiiIIiiIIIiIIIs IiiiIIiIIIIIiis DEEEEEE DAAAAAAAY YOOOOOUUUUUUUUDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!

Disisde Dayudie was drafted 7th overall in the season 50 draft, He's projected to be one of the top rookies for this season and definitely one of the top players in his draft class, which was big to say the least.
With his 6'3" and 209 lbs he is not the biggest player in the draft but for a Japanese he is well above average. His scouting report puts him as a 2-way defenseman, which holds true if you look at his last season in the SMJHL.
39 points and 12 goals, 44 hits and 45 blocked shots. He's joining an already good Panthers defense and hopefully we can see him bloom into a franchise defenseman sooner rather than later!

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

One of my favourite moments for Commander Shepard is from game 4 of the S48 Four Star Cup finals where we were in an overtime with the Anaheim Outlaws and;

“Marc Hagan redeems himself after the heartbreaking faceoff from earlier and wins it right to commander shepard.

who dekes out the defender on him and FIRES

THIS TIME ITS SOONIKA! He makes it over for the slick stop

the puck dribbles down low and the weird bounce has the outlaws in a frenzy.
Its cycled to Marc Hagan who has rotated up high and HE FIRES IT

ITS ON NET

TIPPED BY JAMES TRUONG THATS IN THE NET”

Color commentator: “Watch TNL, as Shepard takes the clean faceoff win from Hagen on the left side board side and pushes the puck through the defenseman’s legs and skates around him to rip a shot down low on the pad that bounces right out to Hagen who shoots for the tip to the right winger; Truong. Shepard saw this play right from the start as if it was written up by the coach before hand in a practice”

Despite losing the series in the end this was an epic moment for the Militia and we believed we were going to win it all after perservering through an overtime. I always wanted to be a clutch player and this was one of Shepard’s first clutch moments in his career. Hopefully he has a few more before his Career ends.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

It was a great day for hockey in the land of the Buffalo Stampede as the team was doing well with happy people across the squad. The fans were also happy. And then we start the game and it is a good time and then the play was here with the opponents the Calgary Dragons getting the puck in their offensive zone. But then Poopity Scoop gave a giant hit and crushed the entire team of the Dragons like they were flat on the ice and Poopity Scoop passed the puck up to Cassius Darrow who carried the puck up more and passed the puck to Viktor Marius. Marius carries the puck into the zone and then finds a Poopity Scoop wide open crashing towards the net and he passes the puck to Poopity Scoop and it is right on the tape. Poopity Scoop takes a stride, toe drags around Kata Vilde, and puts the puck right into the net like a goood boy. It was a goal for the Stampede! Big wins all over!

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

While playing, it can be hard to tell whats goin on around you. You are so wrapped up in whats going on on the ice and thinking the game that the outside world disappears almost completely. Its just you, the guys on the ice and the puck. However, in some very rare instances you do get the bask in the moment and sometimes even hear yourself be play by played live. This happened to Henrik Lekberg Osterman back in Sweden when he played for a small team in Värmland. Divison 3 hockey in Sweden, Quarter finals. Game 2. Up by one half way through the third and he caught a sloppy pass and came up for a breakaway. He can still remember the commentators voice echo through the rink just as clearly as he heard it that day.

‘… And Lekberg Osterman catches the pass!

He’s too fast, he’s in all alone!

Fakes to the left, goes to the backhand!

HE SCORES!’

Not an overly consequential game. Nor was it something that will be remembered by fans of either team for very long, but to Henrik its the memory of a lifetime.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I'd have to pick my last game as a Scarecrow where we clinched the 3-peat in Game 7 against the Kelowna Knights in S46.  It was always going to be the end of my juniors career and it was the storybook ending that I had hoped for when I stayed down an extra season.  Gordie Boomhover and Michael Fox were definitely the stars of that game with two goals and two assists respectively.  Gordie got the game winning goal early in the third in a very close 4-3 game, but my specific contribution was in the dead even second period.  Below are some highlights from the action:

~~~
We enter into the second period in a dead even heat between St. Louis and Kelowna.  Goals by Gordie Boomhover and Dick Clapper on the board.  Both goals came on the power play as the teams traded minors for almost half of the first period.  Let's see if either team can get their discipline under control as we prepare to drop the puck.

12:03 -
Barry Batsbak whistles a pass to Guy Zheng in the neutral zone as Kelowna prepares to attack.  Ooooh, it looks like Ty Hoover is getting sent to the box on a hook as he tries to lock down Guy Zheng.  We saw how that first period went, here comes a very important kill for St. Louis to keep the momentum of this game from tipping further towards Kelowna.

Aleksandr Scherbak attempts the stretch pass out of the Kelowna zone.  Fresh on the ice, that puck is intercepted by Slip McScruff in the neutral zone who quickly just dumps it back in.  Scherbak attempts the pass again but it's too hot and that's an icing.

Fork Spoon wins the offensive zone faceoff, quick to Slip McScruff who takes the shot. Stopped by Leblanc.

Kelowna just can't get anything going.  Each entry attempt is picked off and dumped one after the other.  First it's McScruff with the dump who switches for Serpe on the bench.  Then it's Serpe with the dump who switches for McScruff.  They go back and forth for six dumps on this penalty kill, preventing any opportunity from actually picking up.
~~~

From there, Slip tallied an assist with his D partner on a goal by Valeri Tikhonov shortly after the PK, but Dick Clapper responded with his second of the night 4 seconds later. A minute and a half later, St. Louis were back on the PK where Slip helped keep the momentum in place. It was a period that really could have gone off the rails but Slip played a large part in keeping Kelowna at bay. The rest is history as the crows got an early lead in the third and shut down the game for 13 and a half minutes.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

"Welcome to the Season 47 Simulation Hockey League Draft. It should be a good one this year as we have a lot of players that appear like they could be huge contributors to this league and to their new teams."

"As we see the first two picks go, Jax Duggan is a bit of a reach for the Winnipeg Jets as the First Overall selectin, but Gunnar Soderberg as the second overall to the Tampa Bay Barracudas, was expected. Now we get down to the third selection to one of the newer expansion franchises in the Chicago Syndicate. Chicago has been really quiet and coy about this draft, talking to only a select few prospects, but giving little indication who they are going to take here."

"With the 3rd Overall Selection, the Chicago Syndicate select... Corey Kennedy of the Anaheim Outlaws."

"This Kennedy selection is huge one for Chicago. They wanted a franchise player and they may have gotten the best defensive player in this deep draft. Kennedy is going to be a staple in their line up for years to come."

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

[Image: ffpP92r.png]

[Image: lebbish.gif]

S54 Texas Renegades @ Winnipeg Jets

3rd Period with 6 minutes remaining

2-1 for Winnipeg Jets

The Jets are on the powerplay. They are sending their best units. Goku Muerto wins the faceoffs and Nick Brain gets the puck. Passes to Adam Barron and shoot and it hit the post Commander Shepard retrieved the puck and goes behind the net gives it to Satoshi Zizagooney and shoots a one timer and it’s a goal Satoshi Zizagooney his first goal for the Winnipeg Jets Satoshi Zizagooney gives a 3-1 lead for Jets with 5 minutes remaining in the third period. The Renegades couldn’t get the rebound from Goku Muerto shots and they weren’t positioned well after and Satoshi Zizagooney was wide open. Commander Shepard made a great pass to Zizagooney. And what a powerful shot from Zizagooney. White Goodman couldn’t even react to the shot.

The game is over and the Winnipeg Jets wins the against the first place in west Texas Renegades!

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

My favourite career moment is an easy one. I've only won one challenge cup and this is the moment that crossfit Jesus scored to get us past Calgary.

Coming up to the 14th minute of the first overtime now. A lot of cautious sparring from both teams but remember Calgary must win to stay alive in this series.

Faceoff in West Kendall's zone and O'Sullivan lines up against Wong. O'Sullivan goes early and is replaced by Nuck. Nuck out muscles Wong and Maksimov swoops in for the puck and Calgary begin to cycle it around the platoons zone.

Maksimov to choybuck, looking for a way through but finding nothing, back to Maksimov, Maksimov sends it cross ice for Kennedy Jr. He gets his head up and sends a hopeful pass into the centre but Kardinger picks it off easily and he's set Wong free!

Wong and Jesus are two on one breaking into the Dragons zone. Wong fires on net, defected by Jesus and WHAT A SAVE by Vilde but the puck is loose and he can't find it? Wong and Jesus jam away and it's a goal! West kendall score! Vilde complains but it won't matter, the platoon are challenge cup champions and the bench empties to mob biscuit

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

A late powerplay goal in the 3rd period has the Winnipeg Jets in this game in OT right now. The late marker at 16:59 by Jason Visser has brought this Game 7 between the Calgary Dragons and the Winnipeg Jets to a last goal sudden death! What a series this has been!

Early in overtime, Randy Randleman brings it into the Jets zone. Passes it to Adam Kaiser, and then over to Esa Anrikkanen. Back to Kaiser, and over to Michael Boychuk. The Dragons are cycling well. Over to Kaiser again, then to Mike Izzy and back over to Boychuk. Michael Boychuk with a dish to a wide open Anrikkanen in front! ESA SHOOTS!!!

SCORES!!! THE DRAGONS WIN GAME 7 IN OOOOOOOOOVERTIME!!! THE CALGARY DRAGONS ARE HEADING TO THE CHALLENGE CUP FINALS IN SEASON 40! Another legendary Anrikkanen goal assisted by Michael Boychuk and Mike Izzy! What a game! What a series! The Dragons will play against the Minnesota Chiefs for the Cup!

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 06:38 PM by goldenglutes.)

My favourite SHL highlight moment was when Guy Zheng got a hat trick against a team at some point. It was sometime during this season, S54, against another team in the Simulation Hockey League, and Guy Zheng managed to score not only one, not only two, but three goals in a single game against the opposition. He managed to sling three pucks past the goalie, into the net, and although we don't have direct confirmation on whether it was top cheese, he did in fact wheel, snipe, and celly three times in a single Simulation Hockey League game. For that moment, he would like to thank @hotdog for his great tactical work, which allowed for him to score three goals in a single game. It was definitely a career defining moment for Guy, and it was all thanks to his work ethic and on-ice tenacity. That's what happens when you persevere in getting pucks deep and getting pucks on net.

Here's a quick play by play recap:

Goal 1:
Guy Zheng circles around the offensive zone with the puck. He shoots, he scores!

Goal 2:
And the puck ends up on the stick of Guy Zheng. He dekes, backhand, forehand, GOAL! What a move by Guy Zheng.

Goal 3:
The puck is slung on goal from the blue line, blocked in front. Puck is loose in front of the crease, and it gets jammed inside the net! Guy Zheng with the hat trick!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 09:40 PM by juke.)

"The clock is winding down in game 3 of the S52 first round playoff matchup between the Newfoundland Berserkers and the Anchorage Armada."

"The Bersekers are down 3 to 2, and looking to mount one final attack to try and tie the game up."

"Okabe steals the puck in the neutral zone, and cleanly enters the Aramada zone, leaving the puck at the blue line for Dayudie with a smooth drop pass. Dayudie moves it to the middle to Vanice, who sneaks the puck across to Timonen at the dot."

"Timonen takes a one timer..."

"AND HE SCORES! TIMONEN KNOTS THE GAME UP WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT, AND WE'RE HEADING TO OVERTIME!"

"We managed to get a word in with Jukka after the game, and he has this to say about his goal."

"Yeah that was a huge goal for me, definitely more important than any other goal I've scored throughout my career. Playoffs is where everyone needs to step up for the team, and it's important for me to be able to show my teammates I can be clutch and perform under pressure. And after forcing OT with that goal, we were able to pull out the win, and there's a huge different in momentum leaving game 3 with a 2-1 lead rather than down 1-2, especially on the road. Really has up looking good moving forward in this series, and the energy is high in the locker room right now after that win."

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

[Image: Goal1.jpg]

Stan Hanson nailing the first goal of the game in the Armada's first S54 preseason match up!

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread