Create Account

S55 PT #5 - Playoffs (Remix)

As a marketing genius, the SHL has chosen the right person to make a commercial for the playoffs. I would make a highlight of all of the teams that didn't make the playoffs because that is what people want to see. They want to root for an underdog. What is better for an underdog than a team that actually has no chance? It make a lot of sense. As for the song accompanying it, it will be Home by Chris Daughtery. In the same way that American Idol gave people a certain type of feeling when people went home, this will make the fans of the playoff feel something. Each week we will update the commercial to include highlights of teach round's losers to the commercial to make people even more excited. The league is way too focused on teams that are winning, we need to build up the losers so that one day they may win.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

[Image: xDko0CH.jpg]

Alright, so if I am gonna film a commercial hyping up the playoffs, it's gonna be a current somewhat popular yet also underrated song that I will remix. It'll be the song 'Bang' by AJR, starting at 0:33 seconds. It will be a more relaxed hockey commercial with playoff teams all teaming up and working together to attack a goal for a few seconds each, featuring some of each teams' best players, then the puck will be stolen by another team and so on and so forth until the final team gets it and shoots it at the goalie of the first team. The song will play through 0:54 seconds, then fade out quickly and stop at 0:59 with the 'bang' at that point whispered loudly. Then, after a couple-second interlude, during which time the puck will be flying at a net, it will crash back in as the puck hits the back of the net just past the goalie's outstretch glove with a bass-boosted, slightly edited version of 'Blood / / Water' by grandson crossed with the lyrics for 'Bang' for the last 30 seconds of the commercial, which will be a compilation of the best plays and hits from each team spliced together and only shown for a second at a time. This will be building towards a suspenseful scene in which two star players from opposing teams skate towards each other at high speed and then stop just short of impact, leaving a desire to find out what happens in the viewer's mind and a very hyped up system from watching my commercial.

When designing a commercial for the SHL playoffs, it's important to draw from your inspirations and influences. One such is the legendary NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs "History Will be Made" commercials, which was a series in which historic moments from the league's past were replayed, but then asked "what if" it hadn't happened. This emphasizes the importance of moments in the game, or in some cases, the endless game of dominos that is played through every decision a team makes in terms of drafting, trades, signings, and lineups. My commercial for the SHL S55 Playoffs would draw a lot from those commercials, and essentially do the same thing but with SHL moments. Without copying the entire format, the SHL commercials would contain some sort of similar emotions music, but wouldn't copy the "rewinding" featured in the NHL counterpart. It would show some of the incredible moments from SHL playoff history - i.e., the moment Friedrich Muller scored, breaking his playoff curse, winning the Challenge Cup for the Blizzard during their teen-seasons dynasty. It would close by asking something like "What if Muller wasn't cursed?" - which is significant because without a "playoff curse", he never would have wound up leaving his former team and coming to Edmonton.

Code:
205 words

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

The commercial would be a series of three, one for each round. They would all start off by having a black screen and will be silent, then music would start playing and the music will be different for each round. Round one will have the well know sports anthem, Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. It will include snips and highlight from every team in the first round and then at the end will have the match ups between the teams, follow by a SHL logo flying at you when a generic player slap shots the puck at the camera. The other two commercials will virtually be the same but just include the teams in that round and the ending will be the same. The song choice for the second round will be Song 2 by Blur, and the third song for the final round will be The Final Countdown by the band Europe! Also, in the final two commercials it will include more snips and highlights from the teams that are in that round since there will be less, and of course only snips and highlights from the final two teams in the last commercial.

Chiefs (197 words) Chiefs

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

So for the commercial that I obviously have no business in actually making, it'll be using the Lil Nas X - Old Town Road ft. Billy Ray Cyrus soundtrack as the background piece. It'll start with the lead into the chorus with scenes of the players gearing up for a game, putting on their equipment. Some of the more willing ones hopefully dressed in some cowboy esque clothing in their pre game clothing leading up to the rink as they're filmed walking in. As the chorus moment hits, it'll be a montage of players physically competing, either to loose pucks, battling in front of the net, all of the physically grueling and demanding things that would be seen in playoff hockey. As the chorus fades away, it'll be a scene of Lil Nas riding a horse off to the distance as the scene fades to black with the 4 Star Cup's silhouette coming into focus.

It'll only be played on youtube where everybody will immediately skip it as soon as the ad is over.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

The commercial I am going to write is something is the musical act of Snoop Dogg, the notated Hockey fan/Rapper. I would set him on the ice ,rapping while different players skate through him, going top cheese and other goals like that. Then you would pan to him rapping next to coaches as they start to yell at coaches. Get the hype video up, Snoop Dogg would be walking with the doggs. And now you are wondering, what song will he be rapping over? Well its none other than the hit song of Young Wild & Free. After that the song will end and it will pan to the graphics of the SHL teams that are playing. and at the end snoop dogg will yell FOO SHIZZLE, with some eruptions. Oh yeah, at the beginning of the video will start with everyone coming out on the ice, and Snoop Dogg will be at the center of hte ice

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

This year for the playoffs, the Edmonton Blizzard brought back a team legend, Teddy Cuddles for a cameo in a commercial. The commercial starts out with Teddy checking Cameron Carter II @Boomcheck through the glass and ending his dwindling career. Ha! Look how washed up Cameron Carter II is! Then the song “I Just Had Sex” by The Lonely Island ft Akon starts playing loudly as Teddy Cuddles scores a goal. The scene then suddenly changes to Teddy Cuddles with his arm around Mike Izzy’s mother! @Mike Izzy. I Just Had Sex is still blasting making sure that the audience of the national broadcast knows that Teddy Cuddles fucked Mike Izzy’s mom. Mike’s next son will be named #CUD-rye!!! This gets the Blizzard fanbase so incredibly pumped up for the games that it is impossible for the Blizzard to lose. I will extend my your welcomes to @Keygan and @"TommySalami" for the series wins.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I think the commercial should be really simple. Aggressively simple. Maybe a famous hockey player like, say, Mike Izzy or Joe K, somebody who's been around for forever and is older than all hell sitting on a stool in a plain room. Maybe not even a room, maybe just a white background. The commercial opens up, no music. Shockingly little sound at all, then our host say something like "The only thing I like more than playoff hockey is busting a nut." and then show the SHL logo.

That should just about do it, really. Memorable. Quick. Accurate. To the point. It's got everything it needs to be turned into a meme and go viral. Maybe... At the end of the commercial you can put some text on the screen showing the start times of the games, or like a date or something. But I don't think we should give people too much information, what are we, google?

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

jason desoruoelx is hired to create a commerical about the shl playoffs. jason is so excited to be apart of this amazing opportunity. he loves hockey and songs. he will play dont like by chief keef. what an amazing hype song for this commercial. he will play it during the commercial for the shl playoffs. he will showcase many highilights from the past regular season of the simulation hockey league. highlights fromm all of the teams that have play duiring the regualr season of the shl. Cheif keef is a very hype singer and this will hype up the commercial to big levels. which is what the shl needs to make a good commercial. this is a key to a good commercial. it will end with past shl cup winners. i love the shl so being able to showcase the fantastic league ot the world is such an honour and i am very happy to be apart of this fantasitc league.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 11:50 PM by HanTheMan_.)

This year’s SHL playoffs commercial will be one to remember. The commercial will start with black, and on each drum beat a portion of one of the 8 teams will be seen. The song is The City by the 1975. This will repeat until the verses and will cut to the past seasons champions being for S54 New Orleans Specters, for S53 Hamilton Steelhawks, so on so forth until S51. This should fill up the four verses. On the drum beats in between, flashes of the current competing teams being the Specters, Dragons, Blizzard, Renegades. Rage, Steelhawks, Stampede and the Syndicate will briefly appear on the screen. Once the chorus hits “Yeah, you wanna find love then you know where the city is” This will cut to the cities that the playoffs will be held in. The next verses will be filled in with the same way until the end of the commercial that will end with the SHL logo, playoffs text as well as the competing teams.

(168 Words)

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 11:53 PM by .bojo.)

This season's simulated hockey league playoffs will have a special advertising campagin played across multiple channels. The first one will feature Jon Bon Jovi as he sings "it's my life" over the buffalo stampede highlight reel. This is in reference to the countless Buffalo natives whose lives are being held hostage by rooting for the Stampede on a dailiy basis. New Orleans will be having their coach give an inspiration speech while "Under Pressure" plays in the background. Clearly a reference to the floodings that happened under enourmous amounts of pressure. Let's just hope they don't suck balls like FEMA. Lastly there will be a generic SHL highlight reel of all teams with the Benny Hill music, ending with a spinnign wheel of discipline that doensn't stop similar to the Inception movie. My best guess is that it will land on a forfeiture of a first round pick, a classic move by HO, and one that represents the playoff spirit as a whole. I think this is enough words now.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]