Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

ISFL Affiliate 

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

PBE affiliate

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=575372

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE

At this point in the conversation, Slip and Fall don't really know what the drag is anymore. The media keeps playing it up like it's fight night in Los Angeles and asking leading questions to stir the pot. By the time they get together to really hash things out, they were coming in to argue about the strawman built up by the media. They were accusing each other of saying things that actually came straight from questions asked during the scrum. When they realized what was happening, the tension kind of died down.

However, they both saw this as an opportunity to milk some cash out of the situation. They agreed to play things up for drama so they could use the spotlight to advertise. The hotly valuable airtime produced enough ad revenue to pay Ambersand a salary, so that thread hanging from the last episode is neatly resolved. Now, we can put all this behind us and focus on hockey... just in time for the early off season golf. Now, Fall needs to get the schedule together or else we'll never get a good tee time.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I think that my player’s development has gone extremely well all things considered.  The fact that I am now the record holder for shot blocks in a career in SMJHL history should indicate the skill level I have defensively.  Some drawbacks however are my lack of hits and general physicality, which is confusing as I have the highest checking and hitting stat on the Falcons roster, but recorded the least amount of hits at 90 in Season 70.  My advanced stats (in particular Fenwick and Corsi relative) have improved significantly year over year.

Offensively is still a problem obviously.  While I’m not trying to become some offensive defenseman like Erik Karlsson, you still need to have good puck handling and passing to get the puck to your scorers.  I think that my assists going up year over year are an indicator of that, but are still lacking, especially with how my giveaways jumped from Season 69 to Season 70.

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

As I wrap up one of the last seasons of my extremely long, twenty five? season career (drafted in s46, called up to the big leagues, the show in season 47) there is quite a bit for me to look back on. Firstly I’m still a little miffed that I dropped to the 3rd round. I understand why, stating loud and proud I would only play for the same team as G, but still, New England had 3 picks in the first round, picked him up with one of those picks and I have more career points than all 3 combined. Getting traded to Hamilton was a blessing. Great locker room there even though I haven’t been active there in months. If I wasn’t so committed to g I would have stayed there and perhaps would have earned another cup or 3 to my name. So that was an unforced error on my part. Regardless, I’m happy to still be playing in a league that has gotten increasingly more difficult for an older player like myself to continue on in and I wonder how many more I have to go.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Player Prompt:

The plan for Meta Knight, and the Monarchs was always for him to take a step forward this season. With him progressing throughout the season to solidify his spot as the top center on the depth chart, it worked out about as expected. Part of the territory when you have a rebuilding team and it is in the transition period to bring in the new guard. You have to make room for the people coming up to shine, so they can get their points, minutes, and most importantly get time on the ice with their long-term teammates to build up that chemistry and keep an eye on the future with your peers. That being said, it was a bit of a surprise seeing how well the offensive output was from the top line, Meta Knight included, with him being a very key play driver in terms of corsi/fenwick on the team (top in both for most of the season, not sure if all). Looking back on the year now, it would have been nice to see more points on the board, similar to Piastris 80+ instead of only being the 60s, especially with the focus on being a big assist guy, but it just didn't really materialize this season. It probably happened because the line deployment was focused on his wingers being a bit cheaty on defensive zone coverage, so it makes sense to have fewer points than probably deserved, but it still always hurts a little bit looking back at the season and knowing you probably could have gotten another 10-15 assists and 5-10 goals if things just worked out a little better for you. But with the team improving many times over for the next few seasons, the performance should only get better!

The development is straight up awesome. Hirano is the best player I have developed this far in the SMJHL which also means the he will develop just as strong in the SHL. He started off his career as a young onion on the Maine timber and now he’s going to be the head honcho. The head lettuce so to speak it’s gone good. 90 point season by Hirano is a beautiful season. Jumping from 28 points to 34 to 90 is quite the development if you ask me and even your mom if you asked her about the legend that is known as Damien Hirano. Absolute beast of a player. One more season in the SMJHL and then he will be headed to the SHL on the Montreal patriots 4th line it’s going to be awesome. The cup winner the stat stacker the official king of the castle Damien Hirano. Thank you for your time

160 words

It's still an early career for Jacques and although his first season didn't go exactly how he wanted he feels that he can slowly become a role player for the New England Wolf Pack. At the beginning of his first season, Jacques hoped to either smash some records or be the league leader in a category or two. Unfortunately, Jacques was humbled very quickly. Jacques being a third liner on the New England Wolf Pack was a helpful linemate to his teammates and is expected to have a hopefully big offseason after helping his team get as far as possible in this season's playoffs. Jacques is looking to quote "Be stronger, Faster, Smarter and just overall better than everyone else in the league" Jacques is going to have to work day and night to be able to meet the standards that he has set for himself a truly high bar he's setting for himself. When reporters asked Jacques how he felt he played this season he had his to say "Well I came into the season one minded and by that I mean I was looking ahead in a way that wasn't benefitting myself and my team, you know I would call it record chasing, I wanted to show all the rookies in the league that I should have been drafted before them and I had to learn really fast that I wasn't as good as I thought I was, so after I came to my senses I had to focus on New England and really helping my teammates at everything opportunity I had."

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Urtles is happy with his development so far he wishes the Junior head office would not limit his development to be capped to a certain point each season. he cant wait to to increase his performance next season, and then again once he is called up to be apart of the hamilton steelhawks. Urtles wouldn't change what he has upgraded to much, he likes his offensive output this season, finally reaching the point per game tally and hoping to extent that even further next season. If he had to change something it would be to put even more points in scoring since he still has more assists than goals. Urltes likes scoring goals, not watching his teammates tip in his shots, so if he could just shoot them much faster, then his teammates wouldnt have the chance to take credit for them. Though he is happy to see his team top the league and his teammates score many points themselves

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Player Prompt:

Matiss feels like his career is going pretty well so far having just finished up his fourth regular season with Newfoundland. During this season Matiss broke the single-season goal record for Newfoundland, so that made his career with Newfoundland pretty special and one that he will remember. Matiss overall has felt pretty comfortable with how he has been doing as a player and the progress he has made from year to year. If Matiss were to do it all over again, he would definitely work more on the defensive side of the game to not be as much of a liability on the ice as he was over his career, especially at the beginning. Matiss put so much effort into his office of game that the defensive side definitely was lacking slightly. One thing that would have been good to go back to is trying to become a more well-balanced overall player so that he could be able to help both offensively and defensively.

Ricky Koivu's young career got off to a pretty slow start, but he has taken a huge stride forward this season and looks to not be looking back. In his rookie season with Anchorage, after going round one, he was very underwhelming and could not lock down consistent ice time. In the seasons that followed prior to his call up, Koivu became more of a role player who killed penalties, but overall his SMJHL career was rather disappointing for a first round pick. Following his call up, Ricky had a very solid start in Philadelphia, finishing 3rd in voting for rookie of the year and being solid on both ends of the ice. However, his second season saw him hit a slump where he only managed 10 goals and regressed from his debut campaign. That being said, in S70 Koivu silenced all doubters by putting up an incredible 30 goals and 89 points, throwing him right into contention for the Most Improved award in the SHL. Time will tell if this season's dominant form will continue as he develops more. (182 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?

For Brendan Laroux first season in the big league, it has been a lot harder than I would had tought it would be, but I don't think I could have had a better rookie season. First, let's start with the negative. Sadly, even if 13 goals can be impressive, I got shy of is objective of 15 that I setted for myself at the start of the season. 15 is a lot for a D in the SHL but it wasn't irrealist. The start of the season was great and I was in the top 10 for a long period but ended the season with a slump, 1 goal in the last 20 games only. but I can't stay focussed on the negative, in the end, I topped the rookies defensemens in goals and points, 4 more points than Nathaniel Barca and 4 more goals than Louis Perreault and also having the most shots and hits. Only his +/- is way less impressive, with a -29 but playing with a young team it was expected. If it wasn't for his teammate Alex Piastry who had one hell of a season, I could had dreamed of the best rookie award. So that's why, even if my personal objectives weren't met, I think I had a great season.

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

player promp

ya ok so first of all the fact that you would question my career at all as an annoying journalist is right up there in line with questioning god for his existence or questioning a police officer for being a wimp piece of garbage so lets get it straight if you think even my worst season where i set the shl record for most giveaways in a season or like top threed it i was still doing the lords work delivering elbows with impunity upon the sacrilegious dangler agenda if anything i would probably eat a few more biscuits to really up my hip check game in hopes of one day launching one of those five foot nothing nerds straight into the crowd or hopefully with the power of giga jesus on my side i can send them off the edge of the earth into an abyssal voyage that is never ending where they may question their bad player build choices for an eternity

Kaapo Kampainen decided to schedule a meeting with the team color commentator so they can settle their differences once and for all. He explains to Kaapo that he put his entire savings account on the game because he had to pay his lawyers for his pending divorce and he didn't have any money, but since Kaapo scored the game-winning goal in overtime, he lost everything and he couldn't afford good lawyers and he ended up having to pay crazy high alimony to his ex-wife and she nearly took everything from him, even the kids. His life has been miserable since then and he's held a grudge against him ever since. Kaapo understands but they come up with a pact that he wouldn't hold a grudge against KK anymore on-air, but Kaapo would buy him groceries for a month, since the commentator has been living off ramens for a couple of weeks now. All ends well in the end!

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]