Create Account

The WJC And How The System Can Discourage New Users

03-29-2021, 08:46 AMRuggsy Wrote: I think the best solution would be to separate the Inactives into their own list. Get all the actives on a team AND THEN with someones approval we can grab from inactives starting with your own countries inactives

Although I still think people won't make it because it seems like there's just not enough spots. This would just make it more straightforward for maxing out actives
This 100% Ruggsy. From what I'm seeing there are still inactives on rosters even with actives transferring nations this year, but I could see how one or two big draft years could make it even more competitive. For me personally, losing spots to actives on UCORCAL was disappointing but I get it, I just wish to Segi's point we didn't have to publicly beg for a roster spot. Also giving y'all more than a few days to put a roster together could help.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I get why you feel upset over your snub. I feel that IIHF and WJC should be reserved for active users only, as it is an off-season distraction at this point. So there is no reason to distract users who aren’t here, as the tournaments themself are meaningless (which is a whole other issue). However you should not be creating a player based on having a good WJC experience unless you plan on recreating every 4 seasons. A nation with several roster openings in the WJC may have a backlog of talent in the IIHF and you could sit out those tournaments for several seasons instead. Most users will spend most of their time at the IIHF level, which is why that’s the only base of players that has a list.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

03-29-2021, 03:30 AMroastpuff Wrote:
03-29-2021, 03:26 AMDollaBill Wrote: This guy is speaking my language. Inactive players should not be eligible for the WJC. While the point of the tourney is to win, I think more emphasis should be placed on attrition. For many of us that are new to the site, we create players affiliated with certain countries on an assumption that the country needs us and will put us on their WjC roster, Push comes to shove and we're left out because inactives with +400 TPE exist.

It sucks. But I am fortunate the transfer rules allow me to play with USA Red this time around. Way better than nothing.

Here's the thing - those 400 TPE inactives? They're playing on the bottom line. They aren't allowed to play higher up in the line-up. So the 400 TPE inactive might not do that particular team that much good in the long run.

The loan player rule is a great rule that WJC GMs should be taking advantage of more often, IMO. If countries are going to leave active players with 200-300+ TPE on the table you should snatch them up if your team has space.

Fair enough. It does seem the loaning process is underutilized. I only know about it and was offered up because of my bitching about missing out on URCORCAL in the the Colorado LR. Maybe there's a better way for GMs to communicate the active players that aren't needed and can be loaned out?

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 12:13 PM by Ruggsy.)

03-29-2021, 11:29 AMDollaBill Wrote:
03-29-2021, 03:30 AMroastpuff Wrote: Here's the thing - those 400 TPE inactives? They're playing on the bottom line. They aren't allowed to play higher up in the line-up. So the 400 TPE inactive might not do that particular team that much good in the long run.

The loan player rule is a great rule that WJC GMs should be taking advantage of more often, IMO. If countries are going to leave active players with 200-300+ TPE on the table you should snatch them up if your team has space.

Fair enough. It does seem the loaning process is underutilized. I only know about it and was offered up because of my bitching about missing out on URCORCAL in the the Colorado LR. Maybe there's a better way for GMs to communicate the active players that aren't needed and can be loaned out?
We have a discord channel that has been very active where people are putting their unused players. But noone NEEDS to take them up. For example if a team is full of 425 inactives and has absolutely no actives there's nothing stopping them from running the team of all inactives. They don't have to take up active players from another team if they don't want to. But it seems like everyone is on board with filling their teams with actives if possible.

Actually now thinking about it I think I might be wrong about that, I'm pretty sure it's in the rules where in that case if someone asked to play then they would get put on the team with the least active players. But still it's a few hoops to jump through and it wouldn't be automatic.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

03-28-2021, 03:32 PMTylar Wrote: #FreeGuyWithLongName

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 12:24 PM by Fluw.)

More to Ruggy's point.

The GMs of each WJC team get there list of eligible players for their team, and choose among the active players to fill their roster, inactives are typically added last to fill in the roster. Inactive cannot be played over active players. In the case where a nation has too many active players, in the WJC discord GMs will post names of extra active players they have. Again no one has a responsibility to claim these players if they don't want to but it is highly encouraged to take these actives.

I read a post in here stating that the only reason some players were chosen was because they complained, that is false. The GMS have been updating their rosters and trying to work to add active unselected players to their rosters.

This takes time, as the nations need to finalize their rosters and then essentially post , " Hey I have this extra player that is active but i couldnt add them to the team can someone claim him". With all teams trying to do the same thing it takes a bit of time but rest assured each team is trying to fill their team with actives if possible, since it is stressed that the WJC is for user experience.

Removing all inactives isn't a good idea either because some teams really struggle to find players even when claiming actives, " See me as GM for Canada White last year and I claimed 4 active players from different nations and still had 5 inactives because there just wasn't enough active players."

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 02:21 PM by 3lewsers.)

I think we should do away with it being a nations tournament, and every WJC-eligible player is placed into a draft each season and selected by WJC GMs.

We create new set team names and logos, etc that are only used in the WJC that are not nation-based.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

03-29-2021, 02:20 PM3lewsers Wrote: I think we should do away with it being a nations tournament, and every WJC-eligible player is placed into a draft each season and selected by WJC GMs.

We create new set team names and logos, etc that are only used in the WJC that are not nation-based.

This is a better idea overall, but in my opinion stick to generic team logos and just name the teams after Hall Of Farmers or something. The constant turnover of names and logos would be confusing.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 04:48 PM by Ruggsy.)

03-29-2021, 04:23 PMCount Chocula Wrote:
03-29-2021, 02:20 PM3lewsers Wrote: I think we should do away with it being a nations tournament, and every WJC-eligible player is placed into a draft each season and selected by WJC GMs.

This is a better idea overall, but in my opinion stick to generic team logos and just name the teams after Hall Of Farmers or something. The constant turnover of names and logos would be confusing.

This sounds like way too much work for no reason. I sure as hell wouldn't have signed up if I thought Id have to draft together a team, and once again would take longer. I think we should just be looking at automatic solutions and addendums to the rules not just changing the WJC to a mini SMJHL for the fuck of it lol.

At that point just get rid of it and tell everyone you have to wait until next season to play

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

03-29-2021, 12:18 PMFluw Wrote: More to Ruggy's point.

The GMs of each WJC team get there list of eligible players for their team, and choose among the active players to fill their roster, inactives are typically added last to fill in the roster. Inactive cannot be played over active players. In the case where a nation has too many active players, in the WJC discord GMs will post names of extra active players they have. Again no one has a responsibility to claim these players if they don't want to but it is highly encouraged to take these actives.

I read a post in here stating that the only reason some players were chosen was because they complained, that is false. The GMS have been updating their rosters and trying to work to add active unselected players to their rosters.

This takes time, as the nations need to finalize their rosters and then essentially post , " Hey I have this extra player that is active but i couldnt add them  to the team can someone claim him". With all teams trying to do the same thing it takes a bit of time but rest assured each team is trying to fill their team with actives if possible, since it is stressed that the WJC is for user experience.

Removing all inactives isn't a  good idea either because some teams really struggle to find players even when claiming actives, " See me as GM for Canada White last year and I claimed 4 active players from different nations and still had 5 inactives because there just wasn't enough active players."

On the topic of the Canada White bit, I feel like that's more of an element of a poor idea to split both Canada/USA than it is to do with number of active/inactives but is another topic.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 06:47 PM by Fluw.)

03-29-2021, 04:59 PMNhamlet Wrote:
03-29-2021, 12:18 PMFluw Wrote: More to Ruggy's point.

This takes time, as the nations need to finalize their rosters and then essentially post , " Hey I have this extra player that is active but i couldnt add them  to the team can someone claim him". With all teams trying to do the same thing it takes a bit of time but rest assured each team is trying to fill their team with actives if possible, since it is stressed that the WJC is for user experience.

Removing all inactives isn't a  good idea either because some teams really struggle to find players even when claiming actives, " See me as GM for Canada White last year and I claimed 4 active players from different nations and still had 5 inactives because there just wasn't enough active players."

On the topic of the Canada White bit, I feel like that's more of an element of a poor idea to split both Canada/USA than it is to do with number of active/inactives but is another topic.

I didn't really pay attention to the reasoning behind the split before but yeah I can see how that is an issue.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

oh, definitely no name turnover. one name that stays for each team.

03-29-2021, 04:46 PMRuggsy Wrote:
03-29-2021, 04:23 PMCount Chocula Wrote: This is a better idea overall, but in my opinion stick to generic team logos and just name the teams after Hall Of Farmers or something. The constant turnover of names and logos would be confusing.

This sounds like way too much work for no reason. I sure as hell wouldn't have signed up if I thought Id have to draft together a team, and once again would take longer. I think we should just be looking at automatic solutions and addendums to the rules not just changing the WJC to a mini SMJHL for the fuck of it lol.

At that point just get rid of it and tell everyone you have to wait until next season to play

well, my point is that the WJC isn't really nation-based at this point since there aren't enough representatives for each country.
last season, there were almost 50 players assigned to teams other than their player-assigned or transfer nation.

So, in needing to fill out each roster, the nations really meant nothing anymore.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 07:20 PM by roastpuff.)

So like, Farmer John, Farmer Macdonald, Monsanto, etc?

Just kidding haha.

[Image: image.png]

03-29-2021, 07:19 PMroastpuff Wrote:
03-29-2021, 04:23 PMCount Chocula Wrote: This is a better idea overall, but in my opinion stick to generic team logos and just name the teams after Hall Of Farmers or something. The constant turnover of names and logos would be confusing.

So like, Farmer John, Farmer Macdonald, Monsanto, etc?

Just kidding haha.

John Deere