Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

[Image: 1163655548382748683]

[Image: smith2.png]

Option 2:

Man, all I do is make my forwards' lives easier! First of all, despite my name, I'm doing a nice job of keeping my team in games, making some absolutely wild saves. As a forward, your mentality is so much stronger when you know your goalie is keeping you in the game on the other end and that you only need one or two goals to get the job done instead of four or five. Additionally, Sieve has been working on his puck distribution (ignore my actual ratings), working to dish the puck off to his defensemen quicker to spring the forwards on the attack in transition. Forwards are important, don't get me wrong, but it starts and ends with the player between the pipes, and I feel our forwards feel relieved to have me back there. With that being said, if they want to score more goals to make things a bit easier on me, then by all means, they should go ahead and do that!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 10:32 PM by PapaSorin. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: photostudio-1697509833998.jpg]

Jamaica, they have a hockey team!

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Affiliate PBE PT

Opt. 2

Los Angeles Panthers unfortunately have had the rocky start to this season, much like the one prior and it always comes up to defense. The fact that the opponent is taking advantage on their young inexperienced squad and proceed to always dump the puck deep into the LAP end to create pressure and opportunities for their own forwards to take advantage from their own physical superiority to win the puck on the deep end of LA Panthers and therefore be able to create offensive zone pressure. I would very much as a defender for the goaltender to interfere as much as possible so there would be not as much of those situations where our inexperienced forwards lose the puck because the opponents have more size and more experience on their side. If we can cut even a quarter from that, so the opponents have to find another way to enter our defensive zone, it would be considered a good day.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Option 1:

Hosting a number of kids from all over was a fun experience for the Winnipeg Aurora and Marcel Beck.  While most camps focus on the fundamentals with younger kids and trying to get them up to speed in the game of hockey, this camp was a little more advanced and the kids were able to learn more advanced tips from the pros. Marcel's favorite part about the camp was the short section where the kids were taught proper scrum techniques - how to hold a guy against the boards, get some jabs in, and keep it rough. It's an art that only some get good at. Since the league does not condone the kids fighting, it didn't get that far, but they did learn how to protect themselves against any rough stuff thrown their way. Most of the kids really enjoyed the camp and it was a huge hit with the players of the Aurora.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Playing hockey in Iceland can be a trying experience, ask the stars of the Disney movie the Mighty Ducks two. Playing against the hard hitting Icelanders, who don’t always play a fair game makes things difficult for the rich boys from Monaco. To conclude camp, led by star Monaco player Duster Leclerc, the Monaco faced the well coached Adam Banks team. Adam, known for flipping teams switched from coaching USA youth to coaching Iceland because they paid him more.

The boys from Monaco, excited to show off their skills in front of a new crowd, got absolutely dusted. They were dominated in all areas of the ice. After the 2nd period, with the score 18-0, the boys from Monaco decided to unleash their secret weapon, money. They went to coach Adam Banks and asked him to switch sides. Adam Banks agreed for a monumental fee including a yacht and became the Monaco coach.

After revealing all secrets and deep seated insults of the Icelandic team, the boys from Monaco equipped with new intel and chirps went on to play a miserable period losing 25-0 but making everybody on Iceland cry which was a win.

As part of their visit, the kiddos exhibited their newly learned cellys regardless of whether they were winning or losing. Whether it be throwing your glove up in the air and pretending to shoot it with your stick, or riding your stick like a horse, or even doing a team bowling ball vs. bowling pins celly, the offensively minded campers definitely showed their flair. Even the defensemen got into it flashing their Dikembe Mutombo finger waves and imaginary heavyweight title belts after successful checks and hits. Not to be outdone, the goaltenders joined in with their own flair, flashing exaggerated windmill glove saves and hosing down teammates gloves with their water bottles after they dangle and snipe their way down the ice. Having seen how much fun the kids were having, several members of the opposing teams have already signed up for next year's iteration of the Rence Sykut Celly Academy to hone their own celly skills.

158 words

What do I want the goalie to do to make our lives easier? Feel like this is a straightforward one that I will struggle to come up with 150 words for. I want the goalie to be in front of the net and stop the round piece of rubber flying at them at 100 miles per hour from passing their body and breaking the plane of a goal. While I realize that the skill to be able to do this is immense (I damn sure would not make a good goalie) I think the general principle is the same. Priority 1) keep the puck out of our net. Priority 2) in the situations where you have control, give the puck to someone on your own team. Priority 3) during breaks of the game pull your helmet off and spray water from your water bottle on your face. I am not 100% sure why the 3rd priority is there, but it seems to be a common element to hockey goalies so I suppose it is required.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

[Image: s73pt3.png]

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Code:
Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!
I know goalies love to leave their net, handle the puck and contribute to the play on the ice (maybe even net themselves an assist), but honestly, stay in the net. Your job is in your name, goaltender, you tend the goal. Too many times I've seen a goalie leave the net, misplay the puck, and give the opposing team a glorious scoring opportunity. Yes the goalie can sometimes tilt the play in your favor and create a great breakout opportunity, but I think the chance to create a misplay is equally as likely and should be avoided. Heck, even some of the best puck moving goalies make mistakes. Better to just stay in your crease and let the defensemen do their thing. What can I do as a forward to make their lives a little bit easier? Back checking would probably be a good start. Especially covering those clap bombs from the point. If I can rush the defender and force him to rush a shot on net I think the goalie would take that over a full wind up any day.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride