Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

Supah came into the league with high expectations for himself as was normal for him. His ego was stroked by a shocking pre-season that truly made him seem like he would set the league ablaze. The regular season didn't go as well. Only getting 17 points the entire season with only one goal, Supah didn't quite find a way to efficiently help his team score. His defense was better in some cases then it was in others, some games he would have multiple hits and takeaways while others he would struggle to help out his goalie. All in all the season could be categorized as poor, Supah never stood out as a great or even good but after a lot of work and training in the offseason, Supah has not seemed to miss a step in terms of his confidence. Challenging himself to even bigger heights then last year, even if it is just 18 points this time around.

[Image: kcP9WEd.png]

[Image: SFLJy.gif]

Journey Man's rookie season wasn't all that spectacular, although as a rookie defenseman in the SMJHL, it can be a bit tough to have an amazing season on paper. Journey manged to put up 5 goals and 15 assists in 66 games, which isn't terrible by any means. When it comes to +/-, though, Man was the second worst defenseman on the team, at -26, only behind his d-partner Paul Bondage at -33. A big factor in Man's season was puck luck, though, as Journey had a PDO of 95.5, well below the arbitrary average of 100. When it came time for the playoffs, the Knights put up a strong fight against the Raptors, but ultimately came up short. Man did record 2 assists in six games, but was again unlucky, with a PDO of 97.6. Looking to the future, it's unclear if Man will stay with the Knights this season, but he is primed to have a breakout year in the J and hopefully have more success individually and with his team.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

My first season in the SMJHL was a rather let down from a team perspective as the Scarecrows did not preform that well during the season. However, in the off season I was involved a trade from the Scarecrows to the Raptors, instantly going from a rebuilding team to a team that is in win now mode. I already wanted to have a great off season and jump start the Scarecrows rebuild, however I am even more motivated then ever to be on a winning team and help in any way possible to help them win the Four Star cup. It's not often being a top picked traded the next season, but I making the most of the new opportunity and this will be a memory that always sticks with me. I will also never forget the great memories I made with my teammates this season and will always be thankful for the Scarecrows drafting me forth overall.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

With this being my first time ever playing in a Sim League, I think that I performed better than I expected. I was a bit hesitant and nervous in the beginning due to some of the people that I had spoken to before being drafted told me that it was quite a lot of work and time/energy that would be required in order to be successful. What stands out the most to me is the fact that my team was so welcoming and forthcoming with information and support. I spent less time participating than I thought I would be able to, but they never gave me a hard time or pressured me to commit more. In future seasons, I need to be more consistent with my communication with the team. I use the excuse that it was the holidays and I had been traveling, but the reality is that I just need to be a little more involved. I need to get over my fear of judgement and just participate in all of the TP and money opportunities. Does anyone actually even read these things? There were no glorious moments, but I will remember my first season and the people who warmly welcomed me.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 10:05 AM by xjoverax.)

First contract signed and official! Ready to get to work!

-@MaxBelcher98