Create Account

S56 mPT #2 - Behind the Player Name

Not really a huge story. Wanted to make a Russian player this time around. Looked up what I thought were some names that fit together well. Ended up finding out a bit later that my player was sharing a surname with a figure skating character from a yaoi anime. I don't know if anyone has watched "Yuri! On Ice", but apparently that is where a dive into my surname takes me. I think it's a pretty cool tbh.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

TheSparkyDee is my nickname I was given when I was a young boy, playing football in America. My now sister in law gave me that name because I was full of energy, very SPARKY!  Falcons Jets

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Well, my player's name is Fred Wanesly. The name is based on a character from a little known book series called Harry Potter. There is a red haired British kid in this series whose name is Fred Weasley. That's it. That is where the name came from.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Stan Q Next is a great name, and he is named after one of the best songs of one of the best pop stars ever. It sounds like Thank You Next and Stan Q Next is creative and that is how I came up with the name and why I named him that.

Yoshimitsu McCloud's name has a bit of a convoluted origin, but here goes. When I joined the game, one of the first things I considered was what country the player would be from. Early candidates were Canada and Great Britain, but I decided to go with Ireland because I honestly thought it was funnier. I didn't realize they were in a very good groove not too long before I signed up but still. So I took a long look at what I was playing at the time and decided to just splice the names of two characters into one and have it be my player name.

To those who might not be aware, Yoshimitsu is a quasi-legacy character, being featured canonically in both Soul Calibur and Tekken series while family surname McCloud is from StarFox, being the family of the main character Fox. As a bit of a funny bit, all of Yoshi's sisters are named after fighting game ninjas or The Great Mizuti.

I did consider Pepsiman von Krone for my re-create but I'm going with something else.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

This one is well, very clear where i get my name of. I was always fond of Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a soccer player growing up. I thought this dude had amazing skills for someone that was 6'5". Not many players out there who are as good as him at that height. He is a scoring machine and thus I wanted to create a simulation version of him in SHL, who later became his son. Zlatan is also a legend with some great quotes. He never fails to make me laugh.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

My player is a goaltender. Hockey players are douchebags and come up with dumb nicknames for everything by just adding "y" or "er" to the end of them. Goaltender is no different. His last name is Tendy, which is the douchey nickname for goaltender and also a neckbeard way of saying tender. Chimkin is a funny way to say chicken. Chimkin Tendy = Chimkin Goaltender or Chicken Tender.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Pretty simple. I wanted a way to connect all my roleplay characters to each other but that gets hard when you have people from all types of realms or realities so I made them all cultists. The connection and system I use is the last name being a number which every player must take when becoming a chosen member of the lord they follow.

Hence Jon Forty-One. I currently have 125 members right now total.

[76 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I wanted to have a Danish player. Who are some of the notable Danish players in the NHL? Frans Nielsen, Lars Eller. Well, I can't steal their names, so let's go with Frans Eller.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

before i was not clean. now, am new man. very clean. i hav many shawers. i use lot sope. smel good. look good. best player. thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 09:59 AM by karlssens.)

My first players name when I joined the site was Nikolaus Scholz and I'm embarrassed to admit it but I used a german name generator until I found one that had a nice ring to it. This ultimately became my management name as well. When it came time to create my second player I already knew I'd stick with the name Scholz because it gives some nice history between my current player and my previous, but the first name was my own. Or should I say Edmontons. I pretty much bounced names off the fellas in the LR and settled on Karlstraße, or Karl Street, because it sounds cool.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 10:15 AM by Kraagenskul.)

I am an avid genealogist, having researched my family history for a long time. My grandfather's grandfather (my great great grandfather) was named Zebulon Leavitt and lived in Southern Quebec and probably saw some shinny.  I always thought it would make a very cool hockey name.  

And, I even have a picture of the original:
[Image: 90700889_1462312315.jpg]

Zebulon Leavitt (1801 -1891)

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

Teylora is a shoutout to one of the best singers in the entire world, Taylor Swift. Teylora actually really likes Taylor as well as his parents do. So, when it came time to name their kid, how else better to name a kid than the Russian version of Taylor. I think that really sums up everything pretty easy.

Words: 58

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

When I was first signing up I was using the player guide to look at which nations needed more players, and settled on Switzerland. No real reason behind the name William Hartmann specifically, I just liked the sound of it.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I was on my second re-watch of the TV show 'Peaky Blinders' when I created and enjoy watching Cillian Murphy (the actor who plays Tommy) get so into the role. That's how Cillian came into existence. Kavanagh, I wish I had a better story but I simply googled Irish last names and thought it sounded great together with Cillian.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]