Create Account

S66 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 09:16 AM by Salming. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Borje

4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)
Could any SMJHL team in history (if they were NOT capped at their usual 350/425 builds) have beaten any SHL team in history a 7 game series? Why or why not? What historical teams do you think are good candidates for this trial? Who do you think is the best team in SMJHL history and the worst team in SHL history? Would the J team have a chance? Make your case!

This one is easy to answer. The answer is of course NO even though junior players would all be 2000 TPE still it would not be possible. Why? Because the gap between junior games and adult games is so large. You can't bring 20 juniors to SHL and hope that they deliver automatically. They would need to adjust higher pace, physicality and responsible defence even though their talent would be worth of 2000 TPE. Adults in the SHL would destroy all junior teams with tight defence when juniors who are used to free flow hockey in their junior games would be in trouble when they would need to learn how to dedend during seven-game series and not always just stay in the puck. So yeah, there are no need for example teams when answer is same with all the junior teams. It hurts to even read sentences where SHL and SMJHL teams are mentioned together because those two leagues are so far away from each other and teams in them too.

Words: 171

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 TPE - S66 Milestones

15. Written, 3 TPE, IICAN See the Future (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Last season we had a lot of surprise finishes that shook up the groups quite a bit this time around. Do you think last year’s top teams will stay there? Was that an anomaly? Why or why not?

Like always, I expect big nations to succeed. Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia and USA are powerhouses which should dominate IIHF event year after year because hockey culture is there something else than in for example in Japan, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Norway or Latvia. Finland and Canada dominated round robin last year and I expect them to have now more success in the playoffs too. I also expect that Germany's hockey will continue its rising season after season even though last year they were a disappointment placing 10th in round robin but on the other hand success of other rising hockey nation Switzerland was a positive surprise. Germany is lead in the attack by Steve Harrington who is a good hockey player as are defenders Jonas Kahnwald, Kermit Murphy and Dee Centerman IV. From Nordic countries I expect that Finland will be even stronger this year and return to medal rounds because goalie tandem Smith-Carpet is elite. They are ready to win again like on season 62 and S64. When it comes to Russia, I expect the same. They are way too big hockey nation to underperform again which means everything lower than achieving a spot in the finals.

Words: 199

16. Written, 2 TPE, Top Line (100 words min.)
Create the best line you can using real life or SHL hockey players from your player’s home country. Give me 3F, 2D and a G– and a short description of why you chose who you did!

Of Course, I would be a right winger in my dream team. I would be a two-way winger who is responsible on defence so that's why we could have more offensive-minded other forwards. They would be Teemu Selänne and Teuvo Teräväinen. Teuvo would pass the puck for Teemu and I would get secondary assists. In the defence there would be mr. Miro Heiskanen and then from the SHL Jukka Timonen. In the net no other than Mat Smith from Quebec City Citadelles and Chicago Syndicate. He is a top goalie in the SHL right now. Those six players would form my ideal top six on the ice when game begins. There would be a good mix of youth and experience.

Words: 120

23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

I dream about to win Olympic Gold Medal in Summer Olympic Games. I know it is not a realistic dream but it is still my biggest dream because I am a big sports fan and there are no bigger sports event in the world than two-week carneval every fourth year during Summer. 300 gold medals will be awarded in every Summer Olympics and I would love to be a one person to get one of those golden medals. It would bring me attention and a chance to deliver some messages I would want to people hear in the community. But yeah, winning a Olympic title would be a huge thing and after that I could end my sports career happily.

Words: 120

[Image: salming.png]

CW Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

CW Pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 03:38 AM by sakrosankt. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Trivia - 3 TPE
Verified

2. 4 TPE
a. The trophy is definitely going to Atlanta. They are the President's Trophy winner, won both matchups against Seattle in the regular season and are the more complete team. If one line doesn't deliver, they have 2 others that make up for it and score. They play on a very high level for a few seasons now. It's a bit too early for Seattle to win it all, although they did amazing so far in the playoffs.

b. Willie Miller is the biggest chance Seattle Argonauts have to win the cup. He won not only one, but more or less three series for Seattle and kept the puck out of the net at an impressive level. The problem that comes towards Seattle now is that Atlanta has three stacked lines of players, offensively and defensively as well. It's going to be a tough challenge for Willie Miller.

c. The depth of the Atlanta Inferno is unmatched in this league this season. They built a roster were every single player is ready to contribute big time. If someone isn't performing at his level, others jump right in and make up for that. That again boosts you morally as you don't have to carry a team and can play your game. All in all, the depth will decide this series.

d. The powerplay of Seattle is out of this world so far in the playoffs. Very efficient work, very impressive. But at first you need powerplay to get to score. The penalty killing of Atlanta is also pretty good, so this will be an interesting matchup. I think it's more impressive what Atlanta did with their even scoring, not even have to lean on impressive powerplay scoring.

7. Milestones - 3 TPE
Milestones

15. 3 TPE
Last season was real close and a lot of upsets. What made it so special was, that a lot of federations finished within one or two wins. It shows that there are no big favorites any longer. A lot of countries did their due diligence and recruited pretty strong, also had some upcoming stars finally join their squads. This season will be quite the same, also with the changes of the sim and what comes with that. Strategies and line ups are harder to plan perfectly, there is more guessing involved and managers may or may not be rewarded for that. The depth of contenders is not going to change, surprising countries from last season will also suprise this year. There might be one or two countries having a slightly edge on the others, but it's not that big of an advantage. It will be interesting if the smaller federations can gain some track on the middle of the pack. Let's hope for a good finish for Austria.

17. 3 TPE
Austria is a beautiful country, idyllic scenery and lots of nature to explore. It is known for its mountains, lakes and woods. Michael Withecheck grew up in a little village in the north of Upper Austria. The scenery of the common Austrian image doesn't quite translate to a mountain village, as the topography of the Mühlviertel is just a little different. There are hills and meadows, fields and cattle and some little rivers all over the place. The next somewhat bigger city of about 7,500 people is about ten kilometer away, which is not too bad.
Growing up in a little village has a lot of benefits you might not even know. The community plays a big role, you have friends, can play outside all the time. You have enough places to go and play, woods to discover and space to just be a kid. What it also brings if you grow up on a farm, is basic work you have to do. Helping your parents getting work done can be exhausting and annoying at times, but it is how life goes there.

20. 3 TPE
The rebranding of the Atlanta Inferno will be the Anatol Infanter. While Anatol is no city - at least known to me - it is a world famous play of Arthur Schnitzler. The main protagonist - Anatol - is in worries if anyone can be ever truly faithful to his partner. He hypnotizes his partner Cora and tries to ask her if she is faithful, but can't come up with the right words. So he just asks her if she loves him, which she agrees to, which makes him happy enough to call it a day. He will never know if she is faithful or not. The urge for the full knowledge of anothers person life, is what Anatol moved forward. With him, he can build up an infantry with the same believe. Striving for faithfullness is what moves the team forward. Infanter is used as the singular, as it's always on person at a time that questions the faithfullness of another person. That's how the Anatol Infanter were created.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 07:45 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 6 times in total.)

3 TPE - 0. Affiliate claim:  https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid624615

3 TPE - 1. Trivia:  your verification word

1 TPE - 2. Prompts:
Willie Miller singlehandedly carried the Seattle Argonauts in to the finals and he would need to keep performing like this to give them a fighting chance in the finals. If you are Atlanta, there is an easy fix for this, it’s called voodoo. By creating a Willie Miller voodoo doll you can easily make him twitch whenever you shoot on goal. Winning the continental cup has never been this easy, and there is no doubt in my mind that with this method, the Inferno will win with ease.
(words: 88)

3 TPE - 3. What grabs a persons attention more than these brilliant youtube movies that can play 10 hours at a time, who doesn’t remember ‘ they are taking the hobbits to isengard ‘  or ‘ nyan cat ‘  playing for a long period straight. This is exactly what the plan is for the new cup promotion. We are making a movie that can easily be put on repeat without people knowing it. And once a commercial break starts on their favorite program, they are bound to stick through the ad until their show starts again, regardless if its two minutes or ten hours, people want to know what happens next, so they are unlikely to move away. The song used is ‘All I Want’  from the offspring, so while the song last under 2 minutes, by having this on repeat it will get stuck in everyone’s ear, knowing that watching these cup finals is the only thing they want. If this isn’t succesfull, I do not know what is.  (words: 167)

3 TPE - 5. The Winnipeg Aurora have adopted a pack of Bears. In order to give the bears a place to live they have set up a space for them to live in the opponents their locker room. Of course this will only help for home games, but disrupting the preparation of the opponent should help to secure all your home wins for the season. After all, no one will go in there to change, leaving them all to change uncomfortably in the hallways. For away games we can’t smuggle our bears in the locker rooms, so we have bribed the cleaning ladies of all the other teams. They will wash the jerseys with itching powder for our away games. With this they will constantly be annoyed on the ice and we will be able to skate by them easily whenever they have to scratch again. I can’t see how this plan would not work and lead to a Winnipeg cup victory! (Words 159)

2 TPE - 7. Milestones (2) - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3256029

1 TPE - 13. Cwayon: a seattle/atlanta cup special: [Image: Ypo9UjJ.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

GM CW Pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

HO CW pass

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 03:48 PM by Bfine. Edited 6 times in total.)

1. Miller (+3 TPE)

7. Milestones (+3 TPE)

15. When looking at the layout for this seasons IIHF tournament, there is clearly one group that is better than the other. Group A contains the likes of Canada, the USA, and Sweden, as well as strong smaller nations in Japan and Czechia. Group B’s powerhouse is Finland, who has been on an incredible run the past couple of seasons, barring a shocking upset to Finland in round 1 las season, and they don’t look to be slowing down, with new young players such as Mikko Rashford and Jay O’Neil coming up. The other tough nation in Group B is Great Britain. They took a bit of a step back last season but with new addition Makrus The Tater Jager they should be back to being a force in the IIHF with a bronze medal game likely for them. Another nation to look out for is Switzerland. They made an incredible run last season winning the gold medal, and while they don’t have the strongest roster, look for them to make some noise in the weaker Group B. (+3 TPE)

18. I think the biggest surprise this season was Seattle. I know a lot of people, myself included, thought that Seattle was going to be eliminated by San Francisco in the first round, and not only did they beat us, but they also went on to beat Los Angeles and Chicago. Los Angeles and Chicago were the two favorites to make the cup finals out of the west and watching Miller stonewall two of the best teams in the league was for sure a huge surprise. I loved the engine switch, it has definitely made things more unpredictable and I think the new engine with the sim testing ban has the league in a much healthier state. (+2 TPE)

22. I think Slavakov would be absolutely thrilled to be able to help open an animal rescue. He has played for two different teams with animal logos, and one of his old GM’s owned an otter rescue, so this is the perfect opportunity for him to give back to the community. Ideally, Slavakov would like to open up a cat rescue. He wouldn’t look at discriminating against what type of cat it is, and he knows that different cats have different environments that would be needed, but he wants to do what he can to help all cats. As a member of the Pride, lions are of course one of the ones he wants to help the most, but tigers, leopards, jaguars, and even cats like bobcats would be ones he wants to help as well. He would even want to help stray cats and abandoned domestic cats, as he is a cat owner himself and would want to help them find a safe home. (+3 TPE)

23. I have a lot of goals for my life with a lot of big things coming in the next year. The big thing is that everything around my wedding goes well. I’m so grateful to be getting married to the love of my life in March and after all the planning that we’ve put into it so far and that we continue to put into it I hope it is everything the two of us hope for. The other thing is finding a good home for the two of us. We are ready to be homeowners and I hope that within the next year we can make that dream a reality. (+2 TPE)

+16 TPE

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

cw pASS

[Image: rotti.gif]

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Treasure Trove (150 words min.)
If you had to create an incredibly valuable object based on your team, what would it be? Think “the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would be trying to get his grimy little mitts on”. Give me a description and come up with some fun team brand related traps or tricks you could use to protect it from all those people with grimy little mitts. As a graphic task, show me what this object looks like, and depict some of its security around it.

If I were to make an invaluable object on behalf of the Colorado Raptors it would be a giant robotic Raptor decorated with gold, diamonds and lights for the most dramatic scenery. It would stand tall and walk around on its place.Now and then it would roar loudly and whenever a little Nevada Battlegoat turns up it would attack and kill it. The goat will just be a robot as well though. No real animals will be hurt. The Raptor robot would as mentioned be decorated with gold, diamonds and lights. The skin would be gold but with diamonds plated on top. Lights would make the entire robot sparkle and lights in the eyes would make it seem like it has laser beaming eyes. Since this would be very expensive there will be a lot of security. First you need mall cops all around it. and safety fence to avoid the mall cops falling into the crocodile moat that surrounds the entire display.The light that makes the eyes look like lasers is of course just a decoy. It will have lasers. And as a last line of defense the raptor will of course kill and gobble up anything that comes nearby. Not just little Nevada goats..

But I also have a cw pass Smile

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

I will be doing a CW pass as the author of CW.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

ISFL Affiliate Claim (same username)

[Image: michiganshl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 11:12 AM by Duff101. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
schlangin

3/16

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!
I did the anagram generator you put in the thing, and I took Atlanta Inferno and I put it in it. As a result, I chose the seventh option, Atlanta inferno. This one is different because the i is not capitalized so its totally different and a big rebrand. We are going to keep the same colors, jerseys and logo besides making the necessary changes to make sure that the i is not capitalized anywhere. As a unique branding opportunity we will not use the capital i anywhere in the stadium or on the numerous logos, jerseys and other branded equipment. The one thought i had about what to do for a special alternate jersey is something based on The incredibles, their logo already almost looks like a hockey logo anyway or at least some form of sports logo. Look forward to the introduction of the all-new Atlanta inferno coming soon (never btw).

6/16

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Treasure Trove (150 words min.)
If you had to create an incredibly valuable object based on your team, what would it be? Think “the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would be trying to get his grimy little mitts on”. Give me a description and come up with some fun team brand related traps or tricks you could use to protect it from all those people with grimy little mitts. As a graphic task, show me what this object looks like, and depict some of its security around it.

Those in the Atlanta Inferno Locker Room speak highly of one treasure above all others, the official SHL branded Atlanta Inferno Acrylic Block, and its more recent cousin, the Atlanta Inferno Challenge Cup Champions Acrylic Block, colloquially known among experts as the "-Ge Cup" Block. Coveted for its ability to add an eye-catching pop to desks, tables, and shelves as well as the diamond-cut sides which provide a sharp image from any angle. The Acrylic Block is known the world over and even subpar imitations of it garner nothing but five star reviews from satisfied artifact holders. The alluring hand-polished, crystal clear finish only serves to emphasize the beauty of the images contained within. You can get it for like 25 bucks plus shipping on redbubble.

9/16

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

GM Pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]