Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

Honestly, mine is pretty self-explanatory.  My name is Eric and I went to NC State University.  The interesting thing is I chose this as my user name (for AOL Instant Messenger, yeah I'm old) before I was a student at NC State. I was that dedicated to going to State.  It's my user name on the site because it's my user name for almost everything. Instagram, Twitter (which I never use, but it was available, so I had to take it), Hockey Dynasty, etc.  I'm often shocked it's available, especially for something like this with 4000+ users, so if it is available I use it.

[Image: hudson.png]

Kind of hard to admit this, but my real name isn't bilbo. Sorry to let everyone believe the lie for so long. I just wanted to have a single name and also let people know that I like The Lord of the Rings. Bilbo seemed fun, recognizable, and my real name (Bilbo) also starts with b.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

My username was given to me long ago by some friends when playing an RPG on pc. I was called Steve the Pirate for over ten years. I just cut it down to Steve since I ran into letter count issues on some games.

I struggled BIG TIME trying to find a username when first signing up for the SHL. Everything I seemed to think of was pretty bland. I have been involved with forums for years and used to run sports talk forums when I was younger. Back then I used the username 'And1' which originated from my obsession with basketball at a young age. I first came up with horizon because I thought that word sounded cool (wish there was a better story). 'Take the' came to me after realizing horizon isn't a username on it's own. It also symbolizes chasing your dreams I guess cause your actively trying to accomplish something on the horizon...? Idk it sounded better in my head. People started asking me if it has anything to do with the band 'Bring Me The Horizon' which I wished I listened to earlier because I love them now. I thought about changing my username to something else down the line but I haven't thought of anything more creative.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 11:24 AM by hotdog.)

i actually don't even like the food of hotdogs that much....... don't tell bojo..... I thought I didn't have a discord account but when I accessed a discord for SHL I was surprised to see I did, in fact, make an account? I had no recollection of making one, but apparently I did, and the name was hotdog69. I think it's because "hotdog" is a funny word and it's often the word on my mind (like if someone tells me SAY A WORD RIGHT NOW there's a good chance it'll be hotdog) so that's why I (apparently) made it my discord name and now that's my name here

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Back in S25, everyone I was drafted with changed their username to their player name. Me, Allen, and Hoovuh all changed our names. It was just a solidarity thing, but it works because I do indeed love Fight Club.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

My real life last name is Hoover. My family on my moms side is British. Instead of pronouncing it like who-ver, they pronounce it like who-vuh. So my username is now Hoovuh.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

My username is not my name. It is not the first letter of my first name and the first few of my last. It is not from my school email a few years ago which stuck with me. It is just a silver sandwich between e and m.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

my username is sköldpaddor because I was deep in the middle of the duolingo swedish tree when I joined here (I have since finished the tree!) and I love turtles and I just really enjoyed the fact that the word for turtle literally means "shield toad." I pluralized it because I was on a lesson about pluralization at the time and I was having a hard time remembering the exact spelling of this specific word every time it came up (it worked, I have not forgotten how to pluralize turtles in swedish since I joined here).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

My original username when I first registered on the site back in 2010 was Parise9, since I'm a huge Devils fan and at the time Parise was my favorite player. After Parise left for Minnesota in free agency, I decided to change my username to something that would never go out of style, which was my own name.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

My username is a dumb, made-up childhood name concocted by my brother: Billy Bob Joe Young Google Muffin. I acronymized it into bbjygm and it sorta stuck with me.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 11:51 AM by mastersheep.)

I used to play a lot of Warcraft III mods with my brother and we found one called "Minigunners" and its basically a co-op standard fight several monsters at once in and they attack in waves. When we got to the final wave, the boss was just a massive flying sheep called "Master Sheep" that wrecked you if you got close. I found it funny so I jokingly changed my username to it for my next game and never went back.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-03-2020, 11:51 AMbbjygm Wrote: My username is a dumb, made-up childhood name concocted by my brother: Billy Bob Joe Young Google Muffin. I acronymized it into bbjygm and it sorta stuck with me.

no way this is real lol

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I'm going to show my age here a bit but I was into Chappelle's Show in high school. When I started playing Halo in college all of my friends had funny/cool gamertags so I took a character from the show: Tron. I've used various iterations over the years because just Tron is usually taken. I know I was TRON2.0 on xbox for awhile.
At some point I added the Notorious because I had been listening to a lot of Notorious BIG and I was thinking of it as Notorious T.R.O.N. but I don't think anyone reads it that way. Anyway, that username is unique enough that I pretty much use it everywhere these days.

I've never seen the movie Tron, sorry to disappoint you.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Its a phrase that is used in the little rascals movie, which I loved as a kid. Eventually, when I needed a second account on xbox live all the unique usernames were taken, so I did Ohtaay, which is never taken anywhere. Now I usually go by Oats if it is available.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]