Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

Leg day, what do you mean? Oh yea leg day, ummm we do a lot of lifts that day, that's why we are as fast as we are. If we skipped it, which we definitely do not, would we be 6th in points on the top team in the league? We pretty much only do lifts, as cardio is probably the most boring type of exercise going around. I actually would probably rather quit the sport than have to run on a treadmill. I only do cardio in practice because it's pretty much required for me to make money, and let's face it, I am not going to make it out in the real world doing anything else. Just cause I want to flex my workouts, here are some workouts I personally do for leg day. Squats, leg extension, leg curls, hip adduction, hip abduction, seated leg press, angled seated leg press, and calf raises. If I can get these completed in the run of a leg day, it is good enough for me. I'm not aiming to be a top player, I'm just trying to get by.

Words - 188

How does my player train their leg strength for skating? Well the most obvious method that 100% works is what they do in all the famous shonen anime shows. Leg weights and weighted clothing. I load up on 100's of pounds of extra weight to train for the day that I can remove it at the majors and zip past the competition while saying to them "Sore ga watashi no zenryokuda to honki de omotta no ka, baka yarō." while doing my best DIO BRANDO laugh at them as I waltz in and score at will.

Think of it to something akin to Goku taking off his weighed clothing or Piccolo or even better yet - rock lee during the chunin exams in OG naruto. I am SPEED. Please ignore the fact that my doctor is telling me this is causing massive spinal issues and knee joint stress and by no means will I be able to add in true concentration breathing like Tanjiro and dance my way to the goal.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

Skating is very important in hockey obviously and Elena does everything she can to improve her strength, power, agility and balance with or without the puck at every training. Working with the team trainers in the gym is paramount in developping the right muscles and she has been an avid student for her entire career, even if on-ice training is obviously more fun, tangible and interesting in general. On the ice, she'll practice transitions with her teammates and individually focus more on edge work, crossovers and she'll conclude most practices with a few sprints once she can have the ice mostly to herself. Skating has always been one of her strengths but she doesn't take her SHL career lightly and trains as hard as possible to keep improving and make a difference in important matches. Even if the results aren't as visible on the scoresheet as she'd hope, you can't fault her lack of effort. In particular, her defensive game has been improving steadily and her hard work improving her skating technique can explain some of it.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

PT Pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Option 2:

My player trains skating by robbing liquor stores and use inline skates to get away from the badges. Also when there is no good liquor stores around he goes and steals drugs from the guys on the corner and do the same thing. Guy has got to get his fix somewhere right? Might as well train skating while doing it? When I am on the ice I just rain by doing some easy drills with the rest of the team. I don't skate that much during the game so I do not really have to practice a lot. I am a lazy hockey player that will just wait to get the puck and blast it at the net. Coach tells me to not put too much effort into it either as I will just skate in the way of other people. Nobody wants that and it does not benefit the team at all.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Prompt #2

To train his skating, M’Baku Olubori has put in a lot of work. When he started out, his skating was not the strongest part of his game. He was literally a linebacker on skates, and it took time to tweak his body composition to help him have a stronger burst and more elusiveness on the ice. Initially, coaches in Baltimore had him work out less than he had been, trying to help him slim down a little bit. From there, it was a lot of on-ice drills, both with and without puck work. Short sprints, edge work drills, one way circles, and a lot of sprint loop and shoots; coaches had him doing it all. Now, he’s at a management stage, keeping his skills sharp and slowly but surely adding more shiftiness to his high level conditioning. As anyone can tell, the work has paid off—he’s on track for his third straight 80+ point season to lead the surging Platoon.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

So 2nd prompt and the short answer of it all is I just simply put the TPE into my player and they should get better or have better rolls in whatever action they are doing within the game. Pretty simple stuff. Oh but for in character stuff. Well Isaac intensely trains. He is more of a put the work in and you will see the results type of player so instead of doing parties or whatever he will avoid even the simplest of interviews to focus on cross country exercising, cardiovascular training, strength and core training and just anything you can think of. He even took 1 of those ice skating lessons where you dance just to improve agility and control of himself on the ice he is that committed.

Isaac is now in his prime and hopefully one of the better defenders come the end of the season and if so/he continues on this current path the training will have been worth all the hours.

[167 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Pass Forfeit is used to roofing pucks like Bobby Orr so this would be just like any other dream to him. However unlike Bobby Orr he can't jump or keep hold of the puck for long periods for time due to his bumbling physique. This is just one of the many issues with Pass that can be seen on the ice from day to day. In this dream Pass Forfeit goes against all his former goaltenders and scores Bobby Orr style, however the twist is that these are all own goals so it is very disappointing but not too far off from his normal routine during games. Pass is an elite scorer but at what cost. This then begs the question why does he score on his own team so often? Well the answer is quite simple my friend. He just isnt a very good hockey player, or at least he is mildly mediocre. When he gets on the ice next please be sure to give him your heartiest boos

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

I am well versed in the highlight-reel fluke, as someone who has played far too much mid-level Rocket League. Sometimes the most wonderful snipe-of-the-century happens from even the worst of players. A perfect pinch, the flex of a stick, the puck rolling juuuuuuuuust right across the ice. Gripped it, ripped it. Something that you'll feel in your bones every time you shoot for the rest of your playing days. But lets be honest here, we know your skills, we know your role, and we know what the most likely shot result is. Flat shot off the pads, smothered and a faceoff. Agate shouldn't switch positions, and should probably keep from shooting the puck too much herself. There's not much to be gained there, and surely she could find someone better to have a smidgen of a better chance of getting that legendary rip.

So after the giant pep talk with the late great and goat bobby orr, it is clear that activity check just needs to keep doing what he is doing, bobby did not have much feedback in terms of HOW i play the game! The ghost appearing just proved to me that im playing the game the right way, grinding the right way, and I have the skill to be a perennial all star at the SHL level. My playstyle will continue to be that of a high end playmaker, and will continue to focus all of my time and energy on that sort of play style. I talked to my coach about the visit from the ghost and he said "dont worry about it bro just be you its nothing to worry about" -- so i will take the coaches advice and just play my game of hockey. My teammates are not suprised by this, as its just business as usual for me, playing my game!

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Adam Liebold likes to train legs everyday and all day. He has never actually sat in a chair. Wall sits and squatting are how he gets through the day. When he sleeps he sleeps in a wall sit. His team mates think its odd. When asked why he does it his answer is always that he loves the game and wants to keep playing at the pro level forever. He has other drills that he does every day, his favorite are weighted squats. He puts 900 pounds on the bar and squats for reps. He has never tried for the world record but he is sure he can beat a single lift of 1080 pounds in his sleep. Keeping strong legs is importand to keeping the speed and strength needed for the game. Playing at a high level as you get older is important to Adam so staying strong is imperitive to that. He will keep pushing even after he retires.

Foil Up Boys

Option 2:

Welcome back to training with the master pro hockey athlete trainer, me. I see last week's eye-hand coordination did wonders, you can now catch a fly mid-flight by the wings. Now onto part 2 of complete badass hockey player training, skating. I hope you haven't skipped leg day, you DO do leg day, right? RIGHT?! 

Well skating training is a little more straight forward than eye-hand coordination. There isn't the backwards logic applied here like in eye-hand, you think having no legs will help you get better at skating? WRONG rookie, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The key to skating training is to add MORE skates, you must become one with your skates, you must love the skates like they're your wife/husband/spouse, you want to have little skate babies with them. Every inch of your body will be covered in skates. Hands, yup. Elbows, you betcha. Head, boom helmet skate. Butt, skate pants. Privates, jock skate. Once you can skate with every part of your body, you will truly master the art of skating, moving around the ice with them on your feet will be a walk in the park compared to skating on your private parts.

211 words

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

ISFL PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]