Create Account

S47 PT #5 - Cover Athlete

Okay, so in this year's glitch-ridden edition of SHL 48, I would choose none other than my teammate Lil Manius to be on the cover of the game. Sure, he's a young squirt, but then again he's also had a great season and a damn lot of TPE.  And all the good old players are getting...well, old, we need a new face on the cover. Lil Manius not only scores but he also hits players like it's a game of whack-a-mole.  He has to be one of the top young players in the league in my opinion, I'm glad he's on my team and not another team. Anyhow, yeah, his skill and activity make him really deserving. He's gonna be the guy that takes Winnipeg back to the Cup and he's a good teammate. Top right wing in the league within the next few years mark my words

@Bonk

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

PBE PT

To me, this one is easy, one of the main deciding factors when choosing a cover athlete is who is new and exciting, that would lead to to assume that the best possible player to choose for the cover of SHL48 is @Weretarantula aka Maxime Bouchard. Bouchard lead all rookies in the SHL with 16 goals and 18 assists for a total of 34 points. Bouchard (and the new Calgary Parm Arena) will give Calgary fans, and west coast fans with an overall love of hockey, something to look forward to when going to games, and they will for sure be watching Bouchards eventual rise into the rafters in Calgary. Also Weretarantula has been doing a kick ass job as the trade tracker for the SMJHL (Not sure if that extends to the SHL) which has been something sorely needed, so if that doesnt seal the deal, i honestly dont know what would. #petterssonforcalder (153 words before the #)

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I'm gonna go off the wall and recommend Otis B. Driftwood for the cover of SHL S48. The best defenseman in the league by my metrics and the last of a dying breed of hard-nosed dmen. He throws the body, while saucing assists to his teammates, he's the most complete defenseman in the league for my money. The NHL franchise had Dion Phaneuf on the cover once so there precedence for putting up a stellar dman on the cover of a hockey game. I think it's important to expose our large audience to the gritty players who are both physically dominant and technically great as well should get the spotlight while the weak stars can lounge around on their giant endorsement deals and sponsorships. Give the kids a real role model to look up to and imagine being the grinder and destroyer of little babies with no muscle. @Slappydoodle

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2019, 03:23 PM by Blastmeaway.)

For the cover of EA SHL S48, I believe it should be Brady McIntyre of the Edmonton Blizzard (@caltroit_red_flames). Brady is a two time champion, S40 Four Star Cup with the St. Louis Scarecrows & S45 Challenge Cup with the Edmonton Blizzard, he has also accrued many personal awards from the S38 & S39 Zach Miller Trophy, S44 Aidan Richan Trophy and the S45 IIHF Top Defenseman Award. McIntyre has always been a team first kind of guy from his days spent as Captain in STL to him helping guide the way for the youth on the Czechian International team. He is an absolute defensive machine on the ice, blocking over 585 shots in at least 512 games played. He is the kind of guy that just goes does his job night in and night out. He has spent less than 2% of his career minutes played in the sin bin which means he is know how to make the forward pushing in the zone cough up the puck.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

The is no doubt in my mind that the cover athlete for this has to be @Pingy Pingu. Lunga Gumba might not be in the SHL or even a top notch player but when it comes to the face of the league it has to be the noot nooter himself in pingy. Know I know a lot of people won't agree with me and some don't even like pingy and think he is annoying (blaspheme), but he is such a recognizable figure here in the SHL that I think it would be a perfect fit and a nice way to incorporate all the users here in the SHL. Ya sure you can try hard with the izzys or the bitties of the world but honestly we want some good ol fashion NHL HITZ and we want pingy to be the forerunner of it. Just imagine a swole ass penguin with lightning coming out of his ass SHL - ITS IN THE GAME.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 04:10 PM by Mavfatha.)

The SHL cover athlete should 100% be my teammate Tigole Bitties @Ace. This guy checks off all the boxes you would want for a cover athlete. He's been successful in the league as both a forward and defenseman now, really showing his adaptability as he continues to score and hit opposing players at prolific rates. Not only that, but as GM of the team, he could even be a frontliner for the "Be A GM" mode or alternative "SHL Be A GM S48", drastically reducing the number of people needed to have a face of the mode/game. Bitties is also noteworthy for a few other things. He has been a longtime member of both a Canadian (Edmonton Blizzard) and American (New England Wolfpack) franchise, so he will bring in fans from both countries and convince them to buy the game. His name makes people "in the know" chuckle, and so him being on the cover will appeal to Rick and Morty fans with their very high IQ's. Finally, he should be the defenseman of the year this season and it is a travesty if not and therefore he is very deserving of this honor as cover athlete as well.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2019, 04:23 PM by ImShiny.)

Luke Thomason is my pick for the Cover athlete. Thomason has a very impressive career so far in the SHL. Coming into his second year in the league he was one of the finalists for the rookie of the year award his first year in the league. Thomason is a playmaker and is always finding crafting and amazing ways to set up his teammates to score goals. Thomason was 1 goal short of hitting 20 goals this season but was able to make up for it with notching 24 apples along the way.  In only his second season Thomason was able to notch 43 points a very impressive number given how long he has been in the league. Thomason is going to be one of the elite players in the league very quickly and will have opposing defenses scrambling to try and find ways to slow down the young gun.
@"luketd"

[Image: ImShiny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2019, 06:11 PM by bk1689.)

For this years iteration of SHL, none other then breakout defensemen, Otis B. Driftwood has been chosen as the cover athlete. After a great season which saw him break 50 points on the perennial contenders, Calgary Dragons, Otis has reached his potential that his teammates have known about all along. He was able to control play from the backend all year and the league has decided to bestow this honor upon him. Otis, known for his extreme humility would prefer one of his teammates or even someone else in the league have their photo on the front of the game, but after a season like this I feel like there is no one else that deserves this more. Yes, there are some defensemen that had a better season, but most of these guys are expected to have seasons like that, where as Driftwood surpassed expectations of pretty well all the league as he took the league by storm this season.

@Slappydoodle

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Being assigned the duty of selecting this years cover athlete for the new SHL game was a pleasant surprise. Being chosen as the cover star is a big honor because it shows that you are viewed as one of the best players in the league. To be on the cover you need to have a connection with the younger audience who want to have your face in their video game collection. For this years game, i have chosen a player I have enjoyed watching in the SHL for awhile. I feel that this player doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves, and this is long overdue. It is my privilege to announce that this years SHL S48 cover athlete, from the Winnipeg Jets, defenseman Gary Grease! @FlappyGiraffe  Congratulations to Mr. Grease, and we cannot wait for you to see not only the new cover, but all the new features in this years game.

Leopold Lockhart ( @ej27 ) should be on the cover of SHL S48. Hear me out. Sure, he did not have the best rookie season and was not in the top ten rookies of season 47, but the guy's got a lot of hart. He was taken second overall in the SMJHL S44 draft, became captain of the Anchorage Armada for a couple seasons and had some great success with that, was chosen first overall in the SHL S45 draft, and then got called up after three seasons in the J for S47. He helped the San Francisco Pride make the playoffs, and even though they didn't get far this time, it was still a joyous victory for the team to know that their potential is there. Lockhart is a major part of that. With the Pride a newer SHL team, the SHL should take advantage of the hype surrounding Lockhart and his future. Who really cares about the best of the best right now when you can get hyped about the best of the future of the game? Plus, he's got real cute hair. This report to EA was not written by Dom Montgomery.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

It was a tough choice to choose the cover athlete. There are a lot of older players who deserve the chance, but also a lot of younger guys who could help sell the game. If I had to pick one, it would be DeMaricus Smyth. Smyth led the league in goals and points this season and was an absolute unit of a player. The cover athlete should be the best of the best, they should be able to perform on and off the ice. Smyth does both of those. I believe he is well known enough to be on the cover. He is liked by many people from many different teams. He is humble and able to take on the media that will surely follow him before and after doing the photo shoot. Plus, seeing a purple sweater on that cover would be pretty cool, not to mention a nice change of scenery.

@Blastmeaway

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

We’ve got plenty of North American star suggestions in this PT already for the cover of SHL 48. They’re all well and good, but we need to remember that a significant portion of sales for this game come from overseas in the European market. I’ve got the perfect solution here – a two-man cover, and this time, one of them won’t go beat up a cabbie or be accused of sexual misconduct.
Enter Manuel Gotze and Rafe Ulrich. Two New England Wolfpack powerforward stars, and they’re gonna be the stars of the SHL 48 cover in Europe. These two guys celebrating a triumphant powerplay goal. Plus, let’s be honest, that all black jersey with the green piping is straight fire. It’d look AMAZING on the shelves, especially on the Xbox One cases with the green outline. It’d be okay on Playstation. While we’re on this topic, can we please get the next game on PC too? That’d be neat.

@Raven @Mavfatha

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I choose to put Charlie Schieck on the cover for the s48 SHL game. Schieck has emerged as a star player for the San Francisco Pride the last two seasons. In s47 he finished first in team scoring with 37 points. His rise to stardome is only begining and playing on a stacked Pride Defense it is impressive what he has managed to achieve, showing of both skill and grit. Charlie is one of the most likable guys in the league, he is always happy and spreads joy. He also has the largest biceps in the league and is proof that biceps is important for success. A strong Character guy with great leadership, the ability to put the team on his back push through tough situtaions. Charlie is a coaches dream and proves that hard work and dedication pays of. As a highly talented guy he would be a great cover athlete and inspire young kids to play hockey. @Grapehead

[Image: knute.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 11:00 AM by Tomasnz.)

So I've put together the SMJHL48 special edition cover. This is the S46  throwback special edition limited to 5000 copies and available for only a 20% mark up. Part of the reason the special edition is relatively affordable is that the makers decided this year they should highlight the class of Sh46 goalies who are now dominating the juniors. Turns out goalies are a bit too niche. So the box got marked down very quickly.

Featured on the cover is not one elite goal tender but four!

Peter Larson faces Patrice Nadeau @Fluw in the center while Casimir Stevens flanks Peter facing outward (back to Peter) @Daco  with Tibuk Soonika @chetib flanking Patrice on the other side. 

These four goalies have dominated the junior leagues since joining but season 48 might be their last together as impending callups fragments the s46 class. It is a fitting tribute and a great looking cover, so the game makers should be appludded for such a brave and in hindsight costly choice of cover. Once again this reporter laments the lack of interest in goalies

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page